• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATE: The PAC-MAN amiibo is now a Best Buy exclusive

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Mogisthelioma here, reporting the latest amiibo news.

Earlier today, it was announced that Best Buy had begun re-stocking on amiibo in preparation for their Dec. 7 re-release. All of them are available at the $12.99 MSRP Nintendo stated they would be, so this does add up to the original announcement during the direct. But according to Best Buy, the PAC-MAN amiibo can be picked up as early as October 19. This is almost two months earlier than Nintendo announced the re-releasing would be. Has either Best Buy or Nintendo stated why this is, or is it most likely a typo/mistake?

UPDATE: Now a Best Buy Exclusive

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Hmm I wonder if other amiibos will follow to avoid a massive chaos of 60+ fighters being rereleased at the same time?

31fps

Banned via Warnings
Uh...hopefully this mean I can get one without being scalped...?

Hopefully

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
My local game store mentioned a re-release of Smash amiibo in October as well. Specifically Pac-Man and Toon Link.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
UPDATE: Best Buy has confirmed that the PAC-MAN amiibo will be exclusive to Best Buy stores only
thoughts, anyone? (They're about to make a ton of money if this happens with other figures)

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Store exclusive amiibo deals are pretty anti-consumer.

I hope that rubbish doesn't become normal in Finland.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Store exclusive amiibo deals are pretty anti-condumer.

I hope that rubbish doesn't become normal in Finland.
You can still order them online, but I agree it it pretty anti-consumer. But at least it's better than Gamestop or Amazon

Top Bottom