• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Update [I guess this is happening!] Match-up Chart

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Fox- Lovage, SW, Unknown
Falco- PP, Zhu, Leffen, Mango
Jigglypuff- Hungrybox, Darc, Mango
Sheik- Kirbykaze, M2K, Tope
Marth- M2K, Taj, Cactuar
Peach- Armada, Vanz, MacD
Falcon- S2J, Hax
ICs- Fly Amanita, Wobbles, Chu
Doc- Shroomed, OTG?, HMW?
Ganon- Kage, Linguini
Samus- HugS, Spaceballs?, Duck?, Plup?
Pikachu- Axe
Mario- Eggz?, Shroomed?, Mango
Luigi- Vudujin, Abate, AJP?
DK- MEXICAN
Link- Germ, Skler
YL- Armada, D20?
Zelda- Cosmo, Umbreon
Roy- Sethlon, Vman?
Mewtwo- Taj
Yoshi- Leffen, Vman
G&W- Cactuar
Ness- Myself, Mofo (I've been talking with Mofo a lot. We both have a pretty good handle on this character...he better than I of course.)
Bowser- no clue
Kirby- Hack, Nashun
Pichu- no clue
[If we can get Mango for any of his characters that'd be great.]

These are people I feel have valued opinions.
I edited this with a few bold. PP said he can talk to Mango so that's great. I feel we can contact most of the people on this list. We just need people to do it. lol

I'll talk to Mofo about Ness. lol I also have connections with most of WC so I can get in contact with people like S2J and Fly. Let's get this ball rolling.....again...lol

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I don't get why you make a list with your ideal input for each character rather than just assign people who are actually in the MBR to handle their mains. Those people don't even necessarily need to have a vote, but someone needs to collect data and most people on that list are not able to see this topic. I'll hold my tongue now though, don't want to be overbearing.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Well, I initially started out that way, but realized that I'm not too familiar with the top/knowledgeable people for all characters and would rather have character experts make the calls on who to ask for input. Not every top player will be willing or available, not every good player is a reasonable debater etc. So what I did both times was only assign panel leaders, the people responsible for getting people onboard and getting discussion going. Of course, in practice, I had to step in sometimes and took care of some weaker panels, but you'll go crazy if you want to round up all input by yourself pretty much. You can always make suggestions though, but the assignment should be clear enough.

The MBR has 57 members. I don't think too many people are paying attention, I'd suggest PM'ing at least the people you want in on the project. Just make a list of panel leaders from within the MBR and trust them to get the best possible input for their character. Filling these spots will be somewhat hard for the lower tiers, considering character diversity back here is somewhat low, as opposed to the BBR's.

Fox
Falco - Dr. Peepee (confirmed)
Jigglypuff
Sheik
Marth
Peach
Captain Falcon
ICs
Dr. Mario
Ganondorf
Samus
Pikachu
Mario
Luigi
DK
Link
YL
Zelda
Roy
Mewtwo
Yoshi
G&W
Ness - Little England (I think you said you had some affinity with him?)
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu

The real question is whether you want to just have character spreads from the perspectives of top mains or if you also want them to match up. That will be a lot harder and probably impossible without a subforum for discussion with everyone involved. IMO we should probably see whether the MBR can pull this off first and then worry about panel interaction. But yeah, we're going to need volunteers or at least assign panel leaders for this to work, the assignment being: "Collect 3-5 qualified individuals and make a matchup spread for your character using the system provided."

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
It's hard to randomly appoint individuals and expect them to take on the responsibility of being a panel leader. I feel we'd be more successful if a mass email was sent to all the MBR members to see who is willing.

I also talked to Mofo today about the project and it's proving to be harder than I thought it'd be (as I should have expected). Even he is indecisive about Ness MUs and much of our discussion leads to theory since there are not many Ness players in practice.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sheik's MUs (using the format on the first page)

Even with - Falco, Fox ~ Suck it up Sheik players, spacies aren't that bad.

Bad against - ICs, Puff ~ Both of these would be -1 IMO but if people want to put stuff as even or whatever because they're worried the Puffs or ICs will complain then whatever I don't really care.

Good against - Everyone else but I don't know by how much nor do I really care a whole lot as long as she has the advantage over the rest of the cast by some amount.

My thoughts on Sheik's MUs.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sheik ***** Sheik what the hell are you talking about.

CG to 90 --> up smash or fair KO? CC grab punish off any tilt or jab? Needle --> grab setup? Sheik absolutely destroys Sheik.

It's like a 10-0 MU.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, but just take a look at Sheik's options, she can practically bring it all back in just as much time.

Strong Badam

Super Vegeta
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sheik ditto has a slight advantage to higher port
thiiiis game

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Sheik ditto is 70-30 in favor of your opponent if your opponent wants chain grabbing kept on and happens to be named Drephen

Strong Badam

Super Vegeta
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Can we agree on a ratio format? If we do I can try to do most of DK's matchups within ~two weeks.

Skler

Smash Master
If we can agree on a format I can do Link's in a pretty reasonable amount of time.

Do we need to list some reasoning behind our MU's, or are we just vomiting numbers like a Math Dragon? My next team is going to be named Math Dragon.

Top Bottom