• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Update 9.0.0 Released

Steve_Is_Out.jpg

Steve and Alex finally joined the cast of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as the Ver. 9.0.0 patch just launched today!

This patch not only contains Steve and the associated Minecraft skins, but also a new stage, songs, Mii Costumes, and balance changes among other things! Here’s a list of everything that’s new aside from the Minecraft crew:
  • Mii Costumes were added for the Creeper and Pig, Diamond Armor, Gil from Babylonian Saga, Bomberman from… Bomberman and Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes.
  • “Minecraft World” was added as a new stage.
  • A new Spirit Board featuring characters from Minecraft.
  • Balance changes were made for various characters, you can read Nintendo’s official list of changes here and check out our thread for them here.

Author’s Note: I have played Minecraft for over a decade at this point, and I don’t plan on stopping. Are you excited too? Tell us in the comments below!

Last edited:
Amiibo Doctor

Comments

I'm a bit conflicted about Steve. I love half of his design and dislike the other. I’m actually really good at the resources management half. Or at least better than I expected. The part I hate about his design is the block placing. It’s such an integral part of his kit. Because of his low jump and air speed, he has to rely on placing blocks to avoid attacks. But placing blocks with him feels so wrong. It was executed in such a strange way that it interrupts the flow of battle or causes you to buffer a move due to Ultimate’s huge buffer window.

Basically, block placing is a mess in my opinion. The rest of his kit revolving upgrading gear was satisfying. It felt great finally getting diamond and upgrading my gear to crazy powerful levels. Forward aerial and down aerial are highlights of the moveset for me. But I don't see myself maining him.

Also real nice of the devs to buff Ness and Sonic this patch. Yup. Totally the two characters that were in dire need of improvements.

A shame that I’m gonna have to wait til the weekend to try Steve out. Oh well I’ll manage.

I'm a bit conflicted about Steve. I love half of his design and dislike the other. I’m actually really good at the resources management half. Or at least better than I expected. The part I hate about his design is the block placing. It’s such an integral part of his kit. Because of his low jump and air speed, he has to rely on placing blocks to avoid attacks. But placing blocks with him feels so wrong. It was executed in such a strange way that it interrupts the flow of battle or causes you to buffer a move due to Ultimate’s huge buffer window.

Basically, block placing is a mess in my opinion. The rest of his kit revolving upgrading gear was satisfying. It felt great finally getting diamond and upgrading my gear to crazy powerful levels. Forward aerial and down aerial are highlights of the moveset for me. But I don't see myself maining him.

Also real nice of the devs to buff Ness and Sonic this patch. Yup. Totally the two characters that were in dire need of improvements.
I'm fairly young and i'm almost 18 so it probably doesn't matter.. i grew up with minecraft and i'm personally happy steve got in.. though i do 100% agree that his reliance on blocks is hella annoying..
the ness and sonic buffs suck but honestly i only wanted some major Bowser Jr. Buffs, and i got that..
so... yeah
But For real though Sonic needs to be banned from tournaments until the pandemic is over and we can go back to offline gaming..
which judging from an incoming flu season i doubt that will happen..
Let's just hope the Tekken director comments are true and The Sora Limited team fix online.

Steve was actually a fine addition. His moves are actually rewarding to punish. I don't honestly mind the buffer system as of now and can see it's been possibly changed. But speaking of the buffer system, I honestly wish they could show us how they patch it along with input lag changes since MANY people are already pointing it out since what? Last year? It's annoying at this point and they just need to step out of their shell.

The Ness and Sonic buffs? I'm honestly conflicted since I've seen little to none benefit on those.

Top Bottom