• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Update 3.0

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
Let’s hope when this is released in the Spring that it contains either a complete overhaul of Online with new netcode or a new system that’s way better than GSP. What do you guys think this update will consist of?

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
I have a feeling there’s gonna be more than just balance adjustments; they wouldn’t tease us that much if that were the case. What if, by some chance, they were to add more gameplay modes?

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
I just want a toggle or frequency on Star KOs/Screen KOs to be added, where they're either random, they occur every time, or they never occur at all. A couple of incidents on those type of KOs on the last stock happened recently.

Incident #1 (12/29/18):
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/ab34rc/it_really_do_be_like_that_sometimes/

Incident #2 (2/7/19):
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019...ill-make-you-sorry-super-smash-bros-ultimate/
https://www.eventhubs.com/images/2019/feb/06/diddy-kong-barrels-fun/

This won't be the last time that happens. And don't say it's normal, because it's not.

I don't know about you guys, but this just keeps disappointing me more and more with each passing day. As a result, I've decided to steer clear of this game for the time being. With only "Smash 64" and "Melee" in my interest at the moment, you can consider me 'not a true fan of the series'. But I'm still going to keep a look out for these type of highlights.

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
I just want a toggle or frequency on Star KOs/Screen KOs to be added, where they're either random, they occur every time, or they never occur at all. A couple of incidents on those type of KOs on the last stock happened recently.

Incident #1 (12/29/18):
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/ab34rc/it_really_do_be_like_that_sometimes/

Incident #2 (2/7/19):
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019...ill-make-you-sorry-super-smash-bros-ultimate/

This won't be the last time that happens. And don't say it's normal, because it's not.

I don't know about you guys, but this just keeps disappointing me more and more with each passing day. As a result, I've decided to steer clear of this game for the time being. With only "Smash 64" and "Melee" in my interest at the moment, you can consider me 'not a true fan of the series'. But I'm still going to keep a look out for these type of highlights.
Seems a small problem overall to completely steer clear of a game lol.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
Seems a small problem overall to completely steer clear of a game lol.
I don't care if it's a small problem. Something has to give, especially if it keeps happening in the future. Even if I get the game in the future, I'm still not going to fully enjoy it because of the developers going the same cruddy route from "Smash 4". Like I said, you can consider me 'not a true fan of the series'.

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
I do hope to see a return of the stage builder. I had a lot of fun with it in SSB4.

I don't care if it's a small problem. Something has to give, especially if it keeps happening in the future. Even if I get the game in the future, I'm still not going to fully enjoy it because of the developers going the same cruddy route from "Smash 4". Like I said, you can consider me 'not a true fan of the series'.
I've developed and published a video game on Steam. Coming from this experience, let me tell you just how much of a waste of time such a feature would be for the developers of SSB.

Do you have any idea how much time, effort, and energy can go into even adding such a small feature? That time, effort, and energy will be at the expense of something else. You can't just get development for free and not take away your efforts from something else.

There are way, way, way bigger things for them to focus on than you getting salty over losing an occasional match to a tiny bit of RNG. If you'd had a bigger lead in those fights, you would have been fine anyways.

You may be a "true fan" of the series, but you're certainly not the kind of "fan" any development team wants to hear from. Trust me, there will always be some whiny player finding the most ridiculous thing to complain about. It is really draining to deal with.

Last edited:

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
So this wasn't a thing in the games before Smash 4?

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
I've developed and published a video game on Steam. Coming from this experience, let me tell you just how much of a waste of time such a feature would be for the developers of SSB.

Do you have any idea how much time, effort, and energy can go into even adding such a small feature? That time, effort, and energy will be at the expense of something else. You can't just get development for free and not take away your efforts from something else.

There are way, way, way bigger things for them to focus on than you getting salty over losing an occasional match to a tiny bit of RNG. If you'd had a bigger lead in those fights, you would have been fine anyways.

You may be a "true fan" of the series, but you're certainly not the kind of "fan" any development team wants to hear from. Trust me, there will always be some whiny player finding the most ridiculous thing to complain about. It is really draining to deal with.
Fine. Just know that I (and some others) will always be upset about this route they went with. I'm all for fairness in competitive play. But this... *sigh* It's just very disappointing. I'm sorry if I sound rude.

So this wasn't a thing in the games before Smash 4?
Of course it was a thing before "Smash 4", just very rarely. But recently, it's become more of a thing in the later "Smash" games.

Last edited:

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
I have a feeling there’s gonna be more than just balance adjustments; they wouldn’t tease us that much if that were the case. What if, by some chance, they were to add more gameplay modes?
I’m agreeing with Orlando here, they wouldn’t have put it in the Nintendo Direct if it was just a regular patch, it’s most likely something bigger in my opinion it will be QoL for the Online. Hopefully..

Love Tap

Smash Cadet
Let me leave the match the match after I'm dead in a free for all or team battle, I shouldn't be forced to stick around.

Team Orchid

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 7571 9773 6698
I'm hoping for dedicated servers and no more peer to peer connections and less arena crashing. Also some buffs to Zelda would be nice.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman

Incident #1 (12/29/18):

Incident #2 (2/7/19):

Seriously, I laughed a lot on the first video. It's a small problem, and a problem that when happens is more fun than anything to anyone that is watching the game. Playing with friends and a thing like that would make everyone laugh a lot. I think you are just being too competitive unnecessarily, it's not a game breaking thing, you are not in a championship too. Just have fun with this for gods sake, it's not a common thing. I would say that yeah, it's not fair, but the game is all about random matches, you will have so many. Just.. be less serious man, you are in a game fighting a cute dog with Ken.

Last edited:

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, I laughed a lot on the first video. It's a small problem, and a problem that when happens is more fun than anything to anyone that is watching the game. Playing with friends and a thing like that would make everyone laugh a lot. I think you are just being too competitive unnecessarily, it's not a game breaking thing, you are not in a championship too. Just have fun with this for gods sake, it's not a common thing. I would say that yeah, it's not fair, but the game is all about random matches, you will have so many. Just.. be less serious man, you are in a game fighting a cute dog with Ken.
Maybe I am being too competitive. I'm always looking out for competitive players. I want to enjoy the game too. I like Star KOs/Screen KOs, as they were satisfying before "Smash 4". I even did a goal on it for "Smash 64" and want to do that same goal for "Melee". But...man, is it torture trying to get past these issues in "Ultimate", especially for the goal I have in mind in the future.

By the way, I don't have the game, if my post above wasn't obvious enough. Maybe in 2020 or beyond, I may get it, but I can't guarantee that I'll fully enjoy it.

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
I'm hoping for dedicated servers and no more peer to peer connections and less arena crashing. Also some buffs to Zelda would be nice.
Yeah dedicated servers would be really nice, I know it probably will never happen but having a server list similar to how Counter-Strike servers are would be really nice, for dedicated and non-dedicated. Nintendo fixing it where when the arena closes a new host is chosen is very plausible though. It’s just practicing this game with online right now is so tedious, if their netcode was really good like other games it would be so much better. /rant

RichWalk9891

Smash Cadet
I've probably missed the news, but has there been any words about the Piranha Plant bug being fixed?

If not, that's probably the first thing that will be made clear in the 3.0 update.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Do you think a new mode could be added ?

It really felt that there was more than just Joker (when we see the picture of the switch with the '?')
I pray for the return of stadium modes (HomeRun/Target), even Stage Builder would be hype

Shroob

Sup?
I've probably missed the news, but has there been any words about the Piranha Plant bug being fixed?

If not, that's probably the first thing that will be made clear in the 3.0 update.
Piranha Plant bug in All Star Mode?

That was found out to be due to counterfeit Micro Sd cards, nothing Sakurai or Nintendo can do to fix that.

Shroob

Sup?
I think at least 1 new mode is all but guaranteed, though what that is is unknown.

People speculate this image could be stage builder, though it's too blurry to know for sure.

We DO know though that this menu currently doesn't appear anywhere in Ultimate, meaning unless something is getting a drastic UI overhaul, it's some kind of new mode.

ADeTo1i.png

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
I think at least 1 new mode is all but guaranteed, though what that is is unknown.

People speculate this image could be stage builder, though it's too blurry to know for sure.

We DO know though that this menu currently doesn't appear anywhere in Ultimate, meaning unless something is getting a drastic UI overhaul, it's some kind of new mode.

View attachment 192355
Definitely stage builder, if that’s actually supposed to have any sort of value in which case the purple Yoshi egg is the only thing left to explain, people have said it’s Nintendo referencing Easter or the LoZ Awakening but who knows..

Maybe it’s a reference to the new Amiibo’s being released. Also in the picture they’re standing on Skyloft. Another thing to point out during the video is if my eyes are doing me justice looks to be like 7 people playing smash, I know you can play up to 8 players locally on one Switch, 8 player online confirmed? Four people is already dumb online so I highly doubt that theirs any value to this and I’m just purely speculating but it’s possible as Nintendo has done more rediculous things in the past.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Online fixes that need to happen:
  • Instead of just finding a person in a random spot online allow me to open a room like we could in Smash 4.
    • This means I can actually change my fighter and nickname.
  • Remove the GSP system and replace it with a simpler yet more effective ranking system (something like what Splatoon has).
  • Prioritize game preferences better.
  • Allow local co-op to be possible in arenas (when it's friend only).

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I would like it if the excess fluff background stuff was cut back because it interferes with fighting by a lot. Camera zooms interfere with game play, and all the extra graphics put in between Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate cover the screen like crazy which often leads to me losing my fighter.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Definitely stage builder, if that’s actually supposed to have any sort of value in which case the purple Yoshi egg is the only thing left to explain, people have said it’s Nintendo referencing Easter or the LoZ Awakening but who knows..

Maybe it’s a reference to the new Amiibo’s being released. Also in the picture they’re standing on Skyloft. Another thing to point out during the video is if my eyes are doing me justice looks to be like 7 people playing smash, I know you can play up to 8 players locally on one Switch, 8 player online confirmed? Four people is already dumb online so I highly doubt that theirs any value to this and I’m just purely speculating but it’s possible as Nintendo has done more rediculous things in the past.
Pretty sure it's literally just a reference to Link's Awakening.

tiberus8

Smash Cadet
I like Star KOs/Screen KOs, as they were satisfying before "Smash 4". I even did a goal on it for "Smash 64" and want to do that same goal for "Melee". But...man, is it torture trying to get past these issues in "Ultimate", especially for the goal I have in mind in the future.
I feel bad for you on doing a goal on this type of thing from Smash 64. I know what your goal is from your thread you posted on, and I hope you get it in the future. Good luck on that goal of yours.

I understand your disappointment, but you shouldn't boycott the game just because of a small problem. If you're this frustrated with the series just because of that, I don't know what to tell you. All I can say is tough it out. You shouldn't worry yourself to death about this small problem. Sooner or later, you're going to have to accept it. There's no other way around it at the moment. Just enjoy the game, or at least try to enjoy it. That's my advice.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
I feel bad for you on doing a goal on this type of thing from Smash 64. I know what your goal is from your thread you posted on, and I hope you get it in the future. Good luck on that goal of yours.

I understand your disappointment, but you shouldn't boycott the game just because of a small problem. If you're this frustrated with the series just because of that, I don't know what to tell you. All I can say is tough it out. You shouldn't worry yourself to death about this small problem. Sooner or later, you're going to have to accept it. There's no other way around it at the moment. Just enjoy the game, or at least try to enjoy it. That's my advice.
Ugh... It's just so frustrating. Actually, it's started frustrating me since "Smash 4", believe it or not, and it's been this way ever since then. It's like every time I try to suggest something good (like that problem I mentioned above), it seems people go against me on that. :(

Shroob

Sup?
Ugh... It's just so frustrating. Actually, it's started frustrating me since "Smash 4", believe it or not, and it's been this way ever since then. It's like every time I try to suggest something good (like that problem I mentioned above), it seems people go against me on that. :(
I mean, no offense mate, but I don't really see any outcry besides you on this issue. I don't really think anyone actually cares about Star KOs, and the percentage that it actually does screw up a match is soo minor it's a non-issue.

Like, the initial "WHOA, HE ONLY LOST BECAUSE OF A STAR KO!" thing from a month ago that happened is gone, no one remembers it until it's brought up, and by then it's more of a "Haha, that's soo funny" thing instead of "This is a serious problem" kinda thing. I've been watching you campaign this for a couple months now, and, like...

Like, more power to you being staunch in your beliefs, but I legit think you're a one-man army on this subject. I personally think you're just being silly for boycotting an entire game just because Star KOs are slightly more common. This is such a non-issue it hurts.

The fact that people are "going against you", is because people realize it's not a big deal like you make it out to be. A fraction of a percentage isn't something to lose sleep over.

Last edited:

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
I mean, no offense mate, but I don't really see any outcry besides you.

Like, the initial "WHOA, HE ONLY LOST BECAUSE OF A STAR KO!" thing from a month ago that happened is gone, no one remembers it until it's brought up, and by then it's more of a "Haha, that's soo funny" thing instead of "This is a serious problem" kinda thing. I've been watching you campaign this for a couple months now, and, like...

Like, more power to you being staunch in your beliefs, but I legit think you're a one-man army on this subject. I personally think you're just being silly for boycotting an entire game just because Star KOs are slightly more common. This is such a non-issue it hurts.

The fact that people are "going against you", is because people realize it's not a big deal like you make it out to be. A fraction of a percentage isn't something to lose sleep over.
Well, be that as it may, I'm still going to get it in the future regardless, just not now. For now, I just want to step away from the game to keep from being more disappointed repeatedly.

And by the way, I've always enjoyed Star KOs/Screen KOs since "Smash 64", until the upper Blast KOs got added to the mix, making them less satisfying, even if I do get them. No offense, but I can't consider them iconic anymore because of that.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well, be that as it may, I'm still going to get it in the future regardless, just not now. For now, I just want to step away from the game to keep from being more disappointed repeatedly.

And by the way, I've always enjoyed Star KOs/Screen KOs since "Smash 64", until the upper Blast KOs got added to the mix, making them less satisfying, even if I do get them. No offense, but I can't consider them iconic anymore because of that.
Realtalk, if something as simple as them slightly adjusting the blast zone bugs you 'that' much, why not just play the old games.

I have OCD, really, really badly, but something like that doesn't bother me at all. Like, you have to understand how silly this sounds:

"They have every character and a TON of fan requests"

"103 stages"

"Promising DLC lineup"

"But the blast zones are slightly adjusted so it's ALL RUINED AND I'M DISAPPOINTED."

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
Realtalk, if something as simple as them slightly adjusting the blast zone bugs you 'that' much, why not just play the old games.

I have OCD, really, really badly, but something like that doesn't bother me at all. Like, you have to understand how silly this sounds:

"103 stages"

"Promising DLC lineup"

"But the blast zones are slightly adjusted so it's ALL RUINED AND I'M DISAPPOINTED."
Okay. Okay. I get the gist. I get the gist. No need to remind me that I made a fool of myself...again. *sigh*

Last edited:

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes

"103 stages"

"Promising DLC lineup"

I lul’d all over myself at the last sentence. No game is perfect and neither are the developers but what matters is if the pros outweigh the cons.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
I lul’d all over myself at the last sentence. No game is perfect and neither are the developers but what matters is if the pros outweigh the cons.
The "Smash" community is so weird at times, no offense. I blame a certain someone (forgot his name) for getting me into the series back in 2010.

tiberus8

Smash Cadet
Okay. Okay. I get the gist. I get the gist. No need to remind me that I made a fool of myself...again. *sigh*
I'd say your complaint on this problem has become a meme lol.

But seriously, don't let that small problem ruin your enjoyment of the series too. That's not good for you or the people. I assure you, nobody's against you on this non-issue.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
I'd say your complaint on this problem has become a meme lol.

But seriously, don't let that small problem ruin your enjoyment of the series too. That's not good for you or the people. I assure you, nobody's against you on this non-issue.
Okay. Okay. I won't suggest anything good for a "Smash" game ever again, if it means no making a fool of myself anymore.

Thanks for trying to cheer me up. I'll do my best to overcome this.

RichWalk9891

Smash Cadet
Piranha Plant bug in All Star Mode?

That was found out to be due to counterfeit Micro Sd cards, nothing Sakurai or Nintendo can do to fix that.
Oh, well in that case, I've nothing to be worried about. Thanks for letting me know.

MangoPeachey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1868-5016-7402
Okay. Okay. I won't suggest anything good for a "Smash" game ever again, if it means no making a fool of myself anymore.

Thanks for trying to cheer me up. I'll do my best to overcome this.
quit trying to get people to feel bad for you, you seriously aren't right on this. you said you don't consider yourself part of the community really, so then maybe you should realize that when you take on an entire fandom with half formed arguments, you will look like an idiot.

Last edited:

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 192355
It certainly looked like Stage Builder to me, with the yellow box on the left being one selection of many options. If this is the case I hope there's some Mario Maker inspo—improved online stage sharing with community voting features. Would love to see people making creative minigames.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
quit trying to get people to feel bad for you, you seriously aren't right on this. you said you don't consider yourself part of the community really, so then maybe you should realize that when you take on an entire fandom with half formed arguments, you will look like an idiot.
Are you trying to get me angry? Because it's working.

MangoPeachey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1868-5016-7402
It certainly looked like Stage Builder to me, with the yellow box on the left being one selection of many options. If this is the case I hope there's some Mario Maker inspo—improved online stage sharing with community voting features. Would love to see people making creative minigames.
have you seen the minigames NairoMK has been coming up with on pacland? they're so hilarious

Top Bottom