• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upcoming Indie World Announced

4770DF7B-467A-434F-8583-2D0B912A661A.jpeg

Nintendo of America had recently announced via their official Twitter of an upcoming Infue World Direct set to air on Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 at 10 am.

For those on the eastern seaboard, that’s 1 pm and for those in Japan, that’s February 18th, 2 am. Indie Worlds focuses on upcoming independent games set appear on the Nintendo Switch. There hasn’t been any word yet of a general Nintendo Direct on the horizon but there has been numerous leaks and rumors recently surrounding an Indie World plus a general Direct this month. Regardless, after such a long info drought, it’ll be interesting to see what they show off.

Author’s Note: Are you excited to see what’s in store for this Indie World? What do you hope to see in it? Let us know below!

Last edited:
Venus of the Desert Bloom

Comments

D
Looking forward to the Nindies World.

It is great to see Nintendo pushing a lot for independent developers.

Looking forward to it. Here are some of the things that I'm hoping would be announced:

* Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course: I feel like an old man when thinking about the time that had passed since the new Cuphead DLC was last mentioned, so we need something soon.
* Ori and the Will of the Wisps: Ori and the Blind Forest on Switch was a pleasant surprise for many of us, but yes, I am aware that Moon Studios said they had no plans for a Switch release. But on the other hand, that was long before Will of the Wisps was out, so they've got plenty of time to make a Switch port now that the original game is released.
* Touhou Collection: In November I played Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, and became a Touhou fan. I love to see a collection of the official Touhou games make it to the Switch a la the Mega Man collections and the like.

Oh ok. Then maybe the new Ori game? I don't think it's on the switch yet.
No no no, I mean an indie that hasn't been on the Switch yet in any form. That means no Cuphead, Ori, Hat in Time, Hollow Knight or whatever else that had at least one release on Switch. Something that's completely foreign to the Switch.

Could be something as obscure as Savant: Ascent, for all we know.

Last edited:
No no no, I mean an indie that hasn't been on the Switch yet in any form. That means no Cuphead, Ori, Hat in Time, Hollow Knight or whatever else that had at least one release on Switch. Something that's completely foreign to the Switch.

Oh ok. I misunderstood.
Then... I'm out of ideas.

D
More information about the Red Lantern please.

Maybe a big crossover game again with one of Nintendo's Big IP's like Pokemon Hmm?

Rivals of Aether

Top Bottom