• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up Tilt>Rest at kill %'s

DeceptiveSilhouette

Smash Rookie
NNID
SpookyBox
Just as the title suggests Jigglypuff's up tilt combo's into rest at kill percentages, not just that but it's a true combo meaning that it is inescapable, that is if you use it at the correct percent range on each character. Opponents who become victim to this combo can indeed DI the up tilt however the chances of them doing so is slim if they try to do so on a whim and if it happens to be DI'd then all you have to do is read the DI and go on as always. Now unfortunately the percent ranges are slim for most characters and it does not work on every single character however albeit this I do believe this will help Puff out tremendously in certain match ups. Let's finally get into what were here for, the golden percentages which were tested with DI to make sure they do indeed true combo, this was also tested on Town and City/Smashville
On another note I didn't really have an order in mind when testing so I'll be posting characters at random, haha.

Percent ranges for every character this works on in the cast

Cpt. Falcon - 36~44%
Bayonetta - 30~35%
Shiek - 26~30%`
Bowser Jr. - 36~38% (Sour spot up tilt)
Wario - 34~37%
Donkey Kong - 37~39%
Diddy Kong - 30~34%
Little Mac- 33~36%
Link 35~38%
Ganondorf - 35~37%
Toon Link - 29~32%
Samus - 30~32%
ZSS 30~34%
(Dark) Pit - 31~34%
Palutena - 25~27%
Marcina - 31~36%
Ike - 35~40%
Robin - 31~37%
Duck Hunt - 33~36%
King Dedede - 47~50%
Metaknight - 25~32%
Falco - 29~33%
Charizard - 32~35%
Greninja - 27~29%
R.O.B - 35~40%
villager 30~32%
Olimar - 26~27%
Wii Fit Trainer - 26%
Mega Man - 35~39%
Lucas - 27~29%
Roy - 34~37%
Ryu - 32~38%
Corrin - 34~36%
Shulk (No Monado Arts active) - 32~35%
Please remember Rage and staling do indeed effect this combo by a significant margin. Staling obviously makes this combo much easier to preform and makes it an option at slightly later percents then the ones listed. Rage forces this combo to be executed earlier since the knock back growth on up tilt causes this combo to send the opponent far too high for this to work normally at the percentages given. There is one thing I haven't mentioned either, landing the sour spot of up tilt doesn't cause too much of a difference at all if any, in fact landing the sour spot sometimes hinders the combo at times. Landing the sour spot of up tilt hardly ever happens however so theres nothing worries there. Finally let's look at some fairly decent up tilt set ups
Landing up air up tilt
Jab 1 perfect pivot/turnaround up tilt
Roll read up tilt
Crouch to up tilt punish
Roll in up tilt
and obviously punishing any laggy move that hits our shield or that is thrown out in neutral.
The fact of the matter is that up tilt unfortunately doesn't have many moves that set up into it, it's our job to set it up perfectly by out playing our opponent most of the time to land it. I suggest learning and adding perfect pivots as well into your play to optimize this combo and gain the fullest out of it. That's about all I have to say for now, haha. Very sorry if this isn't very clean either, it's been quite some time since I've used smash boards myself.
Thank you for reading and hopefully you all look into this more and become a better player as a result, have a great day!

Last edited:

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
If you can't remember both limits of the ranges, I would probably suggest to learn the upper range as a priority, since these would be the percents when the combo stops working entirely and you get only punished, rather than it not killing but at least still getting the damage.

Unfortunately it looks like the width of these ranges is pretty arbitrary; I can't really see any sort of heuristic for them.

me quazzy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3797-9401-0113
This list is missing a couple of characters and it should be specified whether the percent range is after the up tilt or before the up tilt.
Also you might want to put it in alphabetic order.

Top Bottom