• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up throw -> DJC up air

GrayGhost

Smash Rookie
I've found myself using this against fast fallers at low (0-5ish) % in certain situations and I think it works pretty well. If you can manage it, the double fairs is more effective, but sometimes you might not be able to (like if a low platform is in the way, a little off to the side, and they DI towards it). In cases like these I propose using a DJC up air instead.

The idea is to hit with the very tip of the up air and wait as long as possible before doing so. If you can do that and space it so that they're hit towards your front side, I'm pretty sure you can always combo it into a regrab, an up tilt, or a strong forward tilt (maybe a down tilt, but I haven't tried yet).

An alternative would be to just down throw or take the chance with up throw -> fair, but I think you're more likely to come up empty on those, as one is a tech chase and the other could end prematurely with good DI.

What do you guys think? I don't remember seeing others do this, which tells me either it's a bad idea (in which case I'd want to know why) or it hasn't been thought of.

M2Q

Smash Cadet
I've had the most success with uair -> dtilt. up-throw -> uair is legitimate :)

Nambrik

Smash Rookie
I use this often. It is a great starter for other followups, such as after your upair you can go in for a fair or wait till he lands to go in for a techchase.

GrayGhost

Smash Rookie
After the up air is there really enough hitstun to make them tech? I think they'd get out of hitstun before hitting the ground.

Top Bottom