• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-smash KO percentage?

Miryafa

Smash Apprentice
I'm new to Fox and up-smash KOs, so can someone who knows the game help me understand this data? (obtained from training mode)

KO %* for Jigglypuff on:
Yoshi's Story: 60%
PS 2: 63%
Dreamland: 77%

KO %* for Fox on:
Yoshi's Story: 95%
PS 2: 99%
Dreamland: 114%

KO %* for Wolf on:
Yoshi's Story: 106%
PS 2: 109%
Dreamland: 127%

KO %* for Bowser on:
Yoshi's Story: 101%
PS 2: 105%
Dreamland: 124%

So it seems like fall speed and weight both affect how soon an opponent can be KO'd off the top. And that more of either reduces KBG of up-smash. And that more of either increases the effect of DI to survive up-smash (although I didn't put those percents here).

Are those conclusions all correct? If so, why aren't the increases all by the same amount?

*with no DI, from the stage

Question 2: I confirmed Samus to die at 90% on PS2 with no DI. But in a match, she didn't die to Usmash at 105%, which seems way more than can be accounted for by DI (and she went higher than crouch-cancelling would allow). Why is that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom