• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up B setups

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
I'm surprised this isn't a thing yet. Basically what moves or even combos finish with up b? It's one of his best kill moves! Off the top of my head, bair at high percents, SHFFL up air, down throw, up throw, up smash, and maybe forward throw and zair are easy setups for up b.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
i dont think forward throw or zair really combo into it. but yeah a lot of things set up into it. you can also drop from the ledge and up b to hit a recovering opponent

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
i dont think forward throw or zair really combo into it. but yeah a lot of things set up into it. you can also drop from the ledge and up b to hit a recovering opponent
Also sweetspot dair can lead into it. One thing I really like to do on floaties, like Mewtwo or Samus, is a chain of bairs to up b. Bair barely does knockback to fast fallers. Even though it's barely related, how do you edgeguard with Tink? Do you go deep and fair or stay onstage and throw projectiles to cover options? Maybe you just stay by the ledge and try to predict and punish what he'll do. Something I like to do is to edgeguard by falling off or short hopping then up b onto the stage to hopefully hit them hard. Covers alot of options in my opinion.

Clorox 9

Smash Rookie
Also sweetspot dair can lead into it. One thing I really like to do on floaties, like Mewtwo or Samus, is a chain of bairs to up b. Bair barely does knockback to fast fallers. Even though it's barely related, how do you edgeguard with Tink? Do you go deep and fair or stay onstage and throw projectiles to cover options? Maybe you just stay by the ledge and try to predict and punish what he'll do. Something I like to do is to edgeguard by falling off or short hopping then up b onto the stage to hopefully hit them hard. Covers alot of options in my opinion.
I usually try to cut off as many options as I can with bombs (I usually throw them upwards over the edge) and if a bomb hits them then I'll combo into up b or fair if they are high enough. For lower recoveries I like to run off and fair/nair or up b them like you were talking about. One other thing I'm trying out for low recoveries is start an up b on the edge then fall off into an edgehog. People's first instinct when they see the up b come out is usually to try to sweetspot, but if they recover onto the stage you can still do a regular get up and punish.

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
I find that his sweet spotted Dtilt is a guaranteed (I am almost positive) set up for Up B. And can be done after CCs if done right.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
i usually mix up my tactics between running offstage to get a direct hit, or staying back and throwing out projectiles. using his arrows quick shot capabilities (from the air, press b a couple frames before youre about to hit the ground), in conjunction with your boomerang or bombs, you can cover a lot of options, high and low, that your opponent might try to take. also, every one of your projectiles will combo into something, likely a fair or up B at that point, but dair spikes are also possible. something neat you can do with bombs is to wavedash onto the ledge, and z drop the bomb while youre in the air right before you grab it. it can punish those that try and mix between sweetspotting and landing on stage (especially low landing lag recoveries like fox, falco, bowser, and DK).

Boiko

:drshrug:
Down throw and Forward throw are a DI mix up. Either one will lead to a follow up if the opponent DI's incorrectly, btw.

InevitableH

Smash Rookie
Not really a combo, but if your opponent is recovering from the center ceiling, you can get a bomb, use AGT from your first jump to launch your bomb high towards your opponent's trajectory but not aiming directly for him, then try to stay opposite the bomb under him. Usually they focus on the bomb and just change directions to move out of the way but now they've set themselves up for an easy upSpecial kill. If they actually hit the bomb then they'll be stunned long enough for to to run back and get the kill.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Not totally an Up-B set up but uses Up-B...

When fishing for the kill, try double jumping, then bomb jumping like mid stage above where you can see the character. Fall with down air and it will hit more often than it should. Or you might die play around with it

Top Bottom