• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-b OOS

ted dorosheff

Smash Apprentice
i know its one of her best moves OOS. Im wondering if its a good option though, especially under shield pressure. Also, if tap jump is on (which i think most zss's keep tap jump turned on) isnt this move a little difficult to get off under pressure in shield?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Plasma Wire OOS is very solid. It has a decent hitbox for hitting opponents right next to you, and can be reversed to punish bad cross-ups. On hit, it will lead to frame traps at low percents, and tech chases at mid to high percents, and if your opponent SDIs out, they usually fly off with enough stun that they can't punish, because the move is actually fairly quick. It's not like it's super scary, though, but then none of ZSS's OOS options is scary. That's kind of the point. They're all meant to require the player to be mindful of their opponent's tendencies on block. If you want a character that can punish anything OOS with one option, you should switch to Bowser.

As far as doing it with tap jump off (Assuming you mean tap jump off), just roll your thumb from Y to B. Or Claw.

Last edited:

ted dorosheff

Smash Apprentice
Plasma Wire OOS is very solid. It has a decent hitbox for hitting opponents right next to you, and can be reversed to punish bad cross-ups. On hit, it will lead to frame traps at low percents, and tech chases at mid to high percents, and if your opponent SDIs out, they usually fly off with enough stun that they can't punish, because the move is actually fairly quick. It's not like it's super scary, though, but then none of ZSS's OOS options is scary. That's kind of the point. They're all meant to require the player to be mindful of their opponent's tendencies on block. If you want a character that can punish anything OOS with one option, you should switch to Bowser.

As far as doing it with tap jump off (Assuming you mean tap jump off), just roll your thumb from Y to B. Or Claw.

I think i might try shield tilting up into the ub-b OOS.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
With Tap Jump off the optimal/easiest way of getting an UpB OOS is to buffer jump with c-stick up and then just tap b. They're right next to each other.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
I play with tap jump off so I set my Y button to special so I can still use plasma wire OoS (while shielding just jump with X then immediately press up+Y for the same effect). Plasma wire OoS comes out on frame 3 as opposed to shield grab which is frame 5 so it's more favorable against really quick and hectic shield pressure Fox n'air-shine and other such things. Bare in mind that the two small hitboxes that appear by Samus (not the whip itself) are in her center and another one a little in front of her. There's no hitbox that extends behind her so if the foe crosses up and lands behind you far enough to avoid the center hitbox then the up-b whiffs that's a free punish for them. It's best to b-reverse it every time just to be safe is the approaching foe is good at constantly landing in you rather than in front of you.

Top Bottom