• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

up-b OoS help??

[yung] Link

Smash Cadet
NNID
herooftimelink
i can't seem to get that jump cancel in there, i've been trying to flick the control stick upwards twice, once on it's own, then another right after while pressing b. i'm clearly doing something wrong because it's not working, any help would be gr8.

4Serial

Smash Lord
You might be trying to do it too early while you're in shieldstun, or you're pressing b before up. I can normally do it just fine with control sick up + b

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
It's only two actions Up on control stick and then while holding up press B - you don't have to press up on control stick two times.

After you press up on the analog to start the jump OoS you have 6 frames of jump squat to press B while still holding Up to activate a grounded Up-B.

Last edited:

[yung] Link

Smash Cadet
NNID
herooftimelink
It's only two actions Up on control stick and then while holding up press B - you don't have to press up on control stick two times.

After you press up on the analog to start the jump OoS you have 6 frames of jump squat to press B while still holding Up to activate a grounded Up-B.
You might be trying to do it too early while you're in shieldstun, or you're pressing b before up. I can normally do it just fine with control sick up + b
thanks for the help guys, i'll work on the timing and see i can nail it.

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
It's literally how you do a normal grounded up b, the only difference is you're holding shield while doing it.

[yung] Link

Smash Cadet
NNID
herooftimelink
thanks for the help guys, i got it down pretty easily afterwards. i was just flicking the control stick twice instead of once.

Top Bottom