• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up B glitch?

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Hi all :) Babaganoush here...ok so I’ve found a way to get 2 pk thunders out and it’s actually saved me now a couple times (and made my homies salty lol). If this was in smash 4 so sorry for the post, I didn’t play...

I’ve found at the right angle you can ride the wall up with pk thunder and at the end of the animation do Another pk thunder WHILE IN FREE FALL ANIMATION. Obviously this is extremely useful trying to recover and being a little shy of grabbing the ledge you now get another opportunity! Will try and get a vid up of it soon but try for yourselves. I’ve had most success at about a 60 degree angle riding the wall up. Once again, if this is old info sorry!

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
Both Ness and Lucas can do a second PK Thunder immediately if they bounce off a vertical or angled surface. I don't know what the frame window is for the second input, but it's been possible to do since at least Smash 4. In Smash 4 all you had to do was hit B the second time, in Ultimate you actually have to input an Up-B. It's super useful to recover from very low on those stages with long walls, or if you want to avoid someone edgeguarding.

Unfortunately it doesn't work if Ness or Lucas bounce off of a horizontal surface - they kinda just pop up and do a slow freefall, which is kind of stupid.

Top Bottom