• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UP-B chaingrab finisher

soap

Smash Hero
i was playing my friends roy the other day and out of my chaingrabs when he would DI off the stage instead of the drop off fair i started doing the running edgecancelled double explosion, and this sets up for ledgehop uair to continue comboing, or edgehop bair/walljump fair to knock em back off stage.

this works better than the dropdown slap at low-mid percents where it wont kill them and they can sometimes make it back to the stage before u or hit u with their recovery (i.e. pikachu, roy, marth). this method deals more damage, is safer, and is hella flashier. works on all chaingrabbable middleweights out of dthrow including marth

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
If they DI off the stage, they'd be able to grab the ledge though and you'd be screwed if you tried to Vanish glide at it. Plus... you can't chaingrab Marth...

I don't see why you wouldn't just run off and double jump into a nair... seems safer to me.

MECH

Smash Rookie
Can you chaingrab with Marth though? It seems that with heavier characters, Marth can downthrow, turn around and dash grab. Don't think this works very long but it sets up for other combos.

soap

Smash Hero
u can regrab marth if he DIs away, which is when this is applicable. u grab near the edge and he dis away off the stage.

there is an instant explosion the second u slide off the ledge which is what hits em, this isnt like im trying to edgehog, i am purposefully hitting them with my upb as a combo setup, and u cant get out of it once u chose ur DI.

i find this to be quicker and easier to hit with than the run off double jump nair which is too slow sometimes(plus this combos) second explosion doesnt have to connect to combo although it sometimes does.

but its situational so just try it out, ive been getting it to work pretty consistently already. ill get some matches recorded soon to show what i mean

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
if space animals tech to the edge i bet this would be so cool. vanish twice and then bair and then homo them to death or tech chase if they go for low platform.

wow. that sounds hot.

not as hot as just d-smashing them off for easy gimp i mean edgeguard but definitely cooler.

edit: god **** it why didn't i know about this when i played plank in sheik dittos at GA -___-

Top Bottom