• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up air OOS and shield drop up air welp

RedLithium

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4441-9091-9424
i need help with shield drop up air , it feels like im using it in the wrong situation since most of the time i do it i get hit( i get shine or get hit by somethin stupid like falco up tilt),so in whitch situation should i use shield drop up air or am i doing it wrong? if so what im i doing wrong?

and i which situation is up air oos good? i haven´t get use to doing it but i dont know how good really is or is there a better opcion that up air oos?

PetteH

Smash Rookie
Shield drop up air is really good in situations where the opponent is in lag after hitting your shield, but not enough lag or not in a position where you can hit them with regular OoS options. An example would be marth uptilting your shield below you. There is no way to punish this with regular OoS options, but you can buffer a shield drop and upair/knee him. It's also really good if a falco does shine->waveland on your shield.

Upair OoS is pretty good, it's your fastest OoS punish outside of grab.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Up air OoS beats people approaching from above, can be timed to beat a number of aerial approaches (uair before they get to you), and using it in place of shielding helps Falcon deal with hitboxes he's traditionally worse at fighting easier. Of course, the actual importance of out of shield here is merely that shielding helps you position yourself. If you can do the uair as early as possible, it's a fast, strong aerial with decent range in front of you, and because you did it so fast, you can hit people on the ground with it.

Uair is a strong option to beat aerials spaced outside of shield grab range, and the opponent could very well miss the tech if percents permit.

Out of shield options in general work best right after stun ends unless there's too little lag on the move used to punish, and they're capable of hitting you for acting. So you do the shield drop uair after they hit the shield, or if they won't hit it, so that you'll drop down right as the hitbox is ending.

The uair can convert into a lot more in almost any matchup, as well.

DYLirious94

Smash Cadet
Speaking of oos options..if a falco does the double laser from ledge, can you oos upair/nair it as a punish?

Last edited:
Top Bottom