• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unused Master Hand and Crazy Hand Tag Team Attack (Tagtsukamu)

abysspartyy

Smash Cadet
I am very curious as to how Master Hand (MH) and Crazy Hand (CH) works in Melee. While messing around with their files, I have discovered an unused tag team attack called tagtsukamu. I first discovered this in 2015 but I have not shared it here yet. I have not seen this move documented anywhere else so I would like to share this to everyone here.

Subactions

Here are the subaction names for the used tag team moves that MH and CH possess. Each attack has the word 'tag' in front of them to signify that it is a tag team move.
  • Tagtsubusu (Hands Punching Together)

• Taghakusyu (Hands Clapping)

• Taggoopaa (MH Catches CH's Punch)
The first 3 subactions are tag team moves that are used in Melee and in Brawl. But what about this one:
  • Tagtsukamu
Using Google Translate, 'tsukamu' roughly translates into grab. So this must've been a scrapped grab tag team move!

There are also subactions associated with the grab move such as:
  • Tagnigiru (nigiru means to grasp so this contains pummel hitboxes and release commands for the throws)
  • Tagshippai (shippai means blunder? probably subaction for handling failed to grab player)
  • Tagcancel (subaction for handling released grab)

Viewing the Subaction Data using the Program Crazy Hand

Final Comments and Media

Both hands performing the tag attack

Master Hand Related

Crazy Hand Related

I couldn't get the moves to fully work. I basically replaced MH and CH's regular grab attack with the tag subactions to see how the animations would work.

This grab team attack is definitely incomplete. For example, crazy hand's hitbox data for Tagnigiru is incomplete. It contains no hitboxes or release/throw commands even though the animation associated with the subaction suggests otherwise.

To be honest i'm not sure how the grabs would work as a tag team attack. Is it based on which hand grabs the player first or is it only master hand catching the player and both hands squeezing them? Not sure. Based on the animations it would seem like it works based on the hand that grabs the player first since both hands have throw and release animations.

This move remains unused in brawl and in smash 4. I'm not sure if brawl and smash 4 still has this move in their files as leftover.

Last edited:
Top Bottom