1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3. Use the Smashboards Store to get awesome Smash stuff and support the site, like a Nintendo Controller or the Wii U - Gamecube adaptor ! Check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

Untumbling vid

Discussion in 'Peach' started by Quetzalcoatl, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Ace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVeDtdJ9TfE

Made a new video on how to Untumble, an oldie but a goodie as far as advanced tech goes. Was getting really tired of seeing Armada and Kalamazhu die when they still had float and could have easily recovered.

I intend to make more of these in the future. Appreciate any feedback.

Klemes and N JA like this.
  2. N JA

N JA
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Rookie

I'll have to start trying this. I usually up-air out of tumble to initiate my float, but sometimes that extra height might be useful.

3. Sycorax

Sycorax
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Journeyman

The technique described in this video is way more complicated than it needs to be. There's no need to be holding direction during hitstun. All you need to do is press jump while in hitstun and then as soon as you enter tumble smash left or right. Kadano describes the tech in this video around 0:51. It should also be noted that if you still have your double jump and you press jump late in hitstun then you will automatically use your jump on the first frame exiting hitstun. It's a little more complicated than that -- you can watch the video if you want to understand more -- but to be safe, make sure to press jump 21 frames or more before the end of hitstun.