• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash Ultimate Opinions! - Read the OP before Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Wolf has appeared in five games, 64, Assault, Command, Zero, and 2. 64, Zero, and 2 have him as an unquestioned villain.
Zero and 64 are remakes of the same game. 2 is in a weird state of limbo. And again, he was a hired gun.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I did notice earlier that the talk of the Star Fox stuff was at first friendly suggestions while avoiding any actual debate or criticism. It however is now clearly debate. Please move on and not worry about it.

Generally, if something is about to turn into a debate in this thread, that's a cue to move on and not reply anymore. It can be borderline, but we're also trying to enforce it fairly among members. So your overall actions will determine if it's a friendly reminder or an actual warning/infraction. Please try harder to follow the rules here. We actually would rather not have to infract posts further.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I dunno. I get that we're trying to keep this place tame so people won't feel attacked for posting an unpopular opinion in a thread that's specifically made for that purpose, but it's hard to not to respond to some of these posts and share your feelings on why you disagree or see things differently.

Posting here is fun, but I feel like the atmosphere has been really tense for everyone lately. People have to put so much restraint into their posts now, and you typically have to limit your replies to just one in order to avoid a debate. Sometimes even one reply is too much. The only way to stay completely safe is to avoid responding to posts you disagree with, which is fine since it eliminates most of the criticism, but it does take a fair chunk of the fun away.

Maybe it's just me though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I dunno. I get that we're trying to keep this place tame so people won't feel attacked for posting an unpopular opinion in a thread that's specifically made for that purpose, but it's hard to not to respond to some of these posts and share your feelings on why you disagree or see things differently.

Posting here is fun, but I feel like the atmosphere has been really tense for everyone lately. People have to put so much restraint into their posts now, and you typically have to limit your replies to just one in order to avoid a debate. Sometimes even one reply is too much. The only way to stay completely safe is to avoid responding to posts you disagree with, which is fine since it eliminates most of the criticism, but it does take a fair chunk of the fun away.

Maybe it's just me though.
Think of it like this; the thread was made so people are not supposed to comment about other posts and keep everything separate.

We're just enforcing that. If people kept following that rule from the start, things wouldn't be that tense. We go hard on threads who keep breaking rules. People won't like that we're doing our jobs fully sometimes. That happens.

But also think about this; we had to have multiple thread warnings to follow the rules as they should've been followed. Yes, it was a faux pas in allowing debating for the period we did. There is no denying that. It was a screw-up. That said, the second we made it clear we're going with the intention of the thread should've been enough alone for people to move on. If somebody missed a public warning, which is absolutely possible, we literally told people to read the opening post in the thread. But they didn't. So as long as people debate, it'll get more tense because we will enforce it. The only answer to this solution for the regular users is "don't debate or criticize".

That said, we are working on figuring out this thread's issues fully(the only consensus was a clear "uh, yeah, we should've been enforcing it right. Why did we enforce it wrong? Nobody knows." I won't pretend this looks good. This absolutely shows we did make an error. No questioning that. But we are trying to fix that error, and we would most preferably not have to hand out infractions over an easy rule to follow if possible. It's not like we're pretending the error never happened. It's just pointless to dwell on it when improving the thread's operation is far more fruitful.

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
I'm gonna shout to the high heavens and say resting beetch face Zelda (TP) is the best Zelda in my humble dorky opinion

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I think Fire Emblem gets egged on way too much. Yes, 7 characters is a lot, but 3 were easy last minute clones added as a bonus. Even then, the first of those clones was brought back after being cut due to fan demand and the latest of these clones are added due to fan demand. I don't think 4 unique movesets is really rocking the boat for a large franchise with a revolving cast.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I'll raise you seven.
  • Bandana Waddle Dee - Represents most recent games (2011-onward) and is probably the #1 most requested
  • Marx - The series' most requested villain, represents one of Kirby's best games overall (remember: bosses don't deconfirm)
  • Adeline - Represents older games made by other directors and has probably the most creative moveset potential
  • Magolor - Actually surprisingly popular and represents one of the most successful Kirby games (RtdL is the Fire Emblem Awakening of Kirby)
All of these are fantastic! I don't think Marx will be released as DLC, but he may be promoted to playable in the next smash.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm gonna shout to the high heavens and say resting beetch face Zelda (TP) is the best Zelda in my humble dorky opinion
I truly think that if they had given the animation improvements to TP Zelda (Facing the camera, more expressions, smoother animations, etc), she would've been a GREAT serious "queenly" foil to Princess Peach. As it is, it kinda feels like they're both playing the role of "pretty, excitable princess," perhaps with Princess Daisy as well.

J.I.L

Banned via Administration
Think of it like this; the thread was made so people are not supposed to comment about other posts and keep everything separate.

We're just enforcing that. If people kept following that rule from the start, things wouldn't be that tense. We go hard on threads who keep breaking rules. People won't like that we're doing our jobs fully sometimes. That happens.

But also think about this; we had to have multiple thread warnings to follow the rules as they should've been followed. Yes, it was a faux pas in allowing debating for the period we did. There is no denying that. It was a screw-up. That said, the second we made it clear we're going with the intention of the thread should've been enough alone for people to move on. If somebody missed a public warning, which is absolutely possible, we literally told people to read the opening post in the thread. But they didn't. So as long as people debate, it'll get more tense because we will enforce it. The only answer to this solution for the regular users is "don't debate or criticize".

That said, we are working on figuring out this thread's issues fully(the only consensus was a clear "uh, yeah, we should've been enforcing it right. Why did we enforce it wrong? Nobody knows." I won't pretend this looks good. This absolutely shows we did make an error. No questioning that. But we are trying to fix that error, and we would most preferably not have to hand out infractions over an easy rule to follow if possible. It's not like we're pretending the error never happened. It's just pointless to dwell on it when improving the thread's operation is far more fruitful.
the only reason you guys are enforcing the “no debate” rule is too keep the wishes of the owner of the thread, not because it actually goes against any official conduct policy.
My contend is that WHY would the owner of thread ask people not to respond in either confirmation or disagreement about someone’s opinion? This is a forum. Forums are meant for
D
I
S
C
U
S
S
I
O
N
If you don’t like your opinion challenged, you can not respond. You can disable notifications from the thread or you can just block person. There’s really no reason for this request that I can see that makes any sort of sense.

Ugh, it’s a waist of time even talking to you. You’re just the enforcer, not the ruler.

I’ll PM the owner to understand his reasoning.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Serious question. Not jabbing or trolling or calling anyone out. Can I or someone else start a thread that supports and condones respectful two-way discussion so that the original post does not interfere with this end, or will action be taken against one for doing so?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Serious question. Not jabbing or trolling or calling anyone out. Can I or someone else start a thread that supports and condones respectful two-way discussion so that the original post does not interfere with this end, or will action be taken against one for doing so?
If it's for the sole purpose of defying this thread's wishes? Yes, we will take action. If it's for an actual legitimate attempt at a thread? No.

However, somebody else already is bringing it to Forum Support, so I can outright note on this thread later on whether we'll allow it or not. For now, just assume no since discussions are happening via the Moderation. I hope you understand. :)

Thank you for legitimately asking this as well. I very much appreciate you playing it safe due to how dramatic this has gotten. It's unfortunate we have to temporarily lock it.

--------------

That said, since people won't follow the rules, nor will follow what was made clear(take it to forum support, the rules are not up for debate on here), we have come to the consensus to lock this thread and further define the rules.

For the record, it's better we lock this thread than throw out unnecessary infractions because people think they can do whatever they want just for the sake of defying rules. We actually allowed this thread because of a hard-defined OP and to prevent dramatic arguments from spilling out. We knew it was a rant thread and approved it because the biggest issue with rant threads is people taking it overboard with flaming others as well as trolling. You can understand why we liked the idea of giving it a good chance.

Last, and just to make it clear, the Rules of a thread are still to be followed along with the forum rules. They both matter. That's mostly for those who think we shouldn't enforce the hard rules of a thread. That's not how it works. Both matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom