• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash Ultimate Opinions! - Read the OP before Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
One thing that bothers me is the variety of Fire Emblem:
Current Roster
-3 of them are Marth clones (Roy/Lucina/Chrom, yep Echoes count)
-Terrible weapon varitey (Why not axes, lances instead of the sword stuff)
-dunno what to add
-----------------------
Fixed Roster
-Marth, Ike and Robin stay
-Cut Roy/Lucina/Corrin/Chrom out of the roster (don't care about the echoes)
-Add Lyn/Hector/Ephraim and Byleth
-----------------------
So here's what the final roster looks like:
-Marth
-Ike
-Robin
-Lyn
-Hector
-Ephraim
-Byleth
There yer go!
(If anyone whines or criticize about this, I'm summoning CD-I Ganon to distort the space-time fabric and reality itself, UNDERSTAND!?)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think that the current Fire Emblem content in Ultimate is great the way it is now.

In fact, I would add one more character if I was allowed to. Either a villain from the series or Edelgard.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Eh. Kirby's natural B needs a buff that lets Kirby suck in other natural B projectiles, it should work in a variety of ways rather than just swallowing the character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Current Roster
-4 of them are Marth clones (Ike/Roy/Lucina/Chrom, yep Echoes count)
-dunno what to add
-----------------------
Fixed Roster
-----------------------
-Marth
-Ike
-Robin
-Lyn
-Hector
-Ephraim
-Byleth
There yer go!
(If anyone whines or criticize about this, I'm summoning CD-I Ganon to distort the space-time fabric and reality itself, UNDERSTAND!?)
I mean your entire argument fell flat when you called Ike a Marth clone.

ze9

Smash Ace
Fire Emblem is better represented in Smash than in Fire Emblem Warriors, and with way less characters.
There's at least one character from every era of the series, and all in all they cover a good variety of fighting syles (Marth for the swordmaster, Ike for the lord, Robin for the mage and Corrin for the manakete). Roy and the echoes muddle the waters a bit, but all in all that's not a bad representation at all.

They just feel underwhelming because in the context of Smash where the average character is 10 times weirder and crazier, they actually are kinda boring. And no, adding someone with a lance or an axe wouldn't fix that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fire Emblem is better represented in Smash than in Fire Emblem Warriors, and with way less characters.
There's at least one character from every era of the series, and all in all they cover a good variety of fighting syles (Marth for the swordmaster, Ike for the lord, Robin for the mage and Corrin for the manakete). Roy and the echoes muddle the waters a bit, but all in all that's not a bad representation at all.

They just feel underwhelming because in the context of Smash where the average character is 10 times weirder and crazier, they actually are kinda boring. And no, adding someone with a lance or an axe wouldn't fix that.
In what way does Marth resemble a Swordmaster in the slightest? Not only does he predate the class existing, but Swordmasters generally use things like iaijutsu. The only main lord who resembles a Swordmaster in fighting style is Lyn.

ze9

Smash Ace
In what way does Marth resemble a Swordmaster in the slightest? Not only does he predate the class existing, but Swordmasters generally use things like iaijutsu. The only main lord who resembles a Swordmaster in fighting style is Lyn.
Dunno. I only played Path of Radiance and Marth always reminded me more of the graceful fighting style of someone like Mia or Zihark than of Ike's big meaty sword hits.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dunno. I only played Path of Radiance and Marth always reminded me more of the graceful fighting style of someone like Mia or Zihark than of Ike's big meaty sword hits.
That's more so Ike taking after the traditional Mercenary/Hero archetype than Marth being Swordmaster based. Marth is the basis for the traditional Lord class archetype.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Current Roster
-4 of them are Marth clones (Ike/Roy/Lucina/Chrom, yep Echoes count)
-dunno what to add
-----------------------
Fixed Roster
-----------------------
-Marth
-Ike
-Robin
-Lyn
-Hector
-Ephraim
-Byleth
There yer go!
Whoops replied to myself by accident

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Eh. Kirby's natural B needs a buff that lets Kirby suck in other natural B projectiles, it should work in a variety of ways rather than just swallowing the character.
It already can do that in Ultimate, although he can only spit them back at enemies if the projectile has a sufficiently large hitbox. There is a list of projectiles that Kirby can spit back here.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master

Last time I checked we don't have a fighter from the SNES or GBA eras of Fire Emblem, which were some of the most important parts in the series' upbringing, unless you mean "era" as in direction of the games and not the consoles they appeared on (in which case I'm not as well versed in Fire Emblem's history).

D

Deleted member

Last time I checked we don't have a fighter from the SNES or GBA eras of Fire Emblem, which were some of the most important parts in the series' upbringing, unless you mean "era" as in direction of the games and not the consoles they appeared on (in which case I'm not as well versed in Fire Emblem's history).
I don’t know anything about Fire Emblem, so I apologize if I got this wrong...

But wasn’t Roy’s game from the GBA? Or that was just the one with his father Elliwood?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I genuinely don't know if this qualifies as an unpopular opinion, but I thought I'd state it anyway.

In comparison to other popular franchises with a larger cast, Metroid has too many characters.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm more than ecstatic that we've reached a point in time where we can say Metroid is one of the heavier represented franchises on the roster, but you have to admit that it's a little bizarre how it happened. I mean, Metroid has arguably the fewest number of characters who you could add as newcomers. Just add Sylux to what we already have and we'd probably run out of ideas for characters who'd "make sense". Compare that to DK, Zelda, and Kirby, where we have multiple notable options who could easily work in Smash.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'll be content with what we have for a while. I couldn't get too upset with Sakurai if the next two Smash games don't have any new Metroid characters.

At the very least, a lance or a spear would feel different. Most attacks would involve poking or jabbing the weapon in a single direction as opposed to swinging it in an arch.

I'll agree with you on the axe though. It'll still function similarly to a sword.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I genuinely don't know if this qualifies as an unpopular opinion, but I thought I'd state it anyway.

In comparison to other popular franchises with a larger cast, Metroid has too many characters.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm more than ecstatic that we've reached a point in time where we can say Metroid is one of the heavier represented franchises on the roster, but you have to admit that it's a little bizarre how it happened. I mean, Metroid has arguably the fewest number of characters who you could add on the roster. Just add Sylux to what we already have and we'd probably run out of ideas for characters who'd "make sense". Compare that to DK, Zelda, and Kirby, where we have multiple notable options who could easily work in Smash.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'll be content with what we have for a while. I couldn't get too upset with Sakurai if the next two Smash games don't have any new Metroid characters.

At the very least, a lance or a spear would feel different. Most attacks would involve poking or jabbing the weapon in a single direction as opposed to swinging it in an arch.

I'll agree with you on the axe though. It'll still function similarly to a sword.
I honestly feel that Rundas would be amazing with an ice-based moveset.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mystery of the Emblem was a SNES release, so Marth could count for that as well. Roy is from the GBA.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah because splitting hairs about fire and dark magic is solid evidence that Ganondorf is butchered into a flashy and heroic bounty hunter, right?

Like you cannot fathom a character thats so powerful that he shakes the earth with one punch and uses dark magic would use the warlock punch. No you literally have to see it with your own two eyes that Ganondorf does something similair to the warlock punch in a Zelda game for him to look fine.
And as of Hyrule Warriors, he does. Mind you it's modified into punching an energy ball for area-of-effect, but that's standard Warriors stuff.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Short figured, big beady eyes, and goofy haircuts wouldn't exactly make the "realistic" cut, don't you think? Besides, the art style of Dragon Quest is much different compared to that of Persona or Metal Gear. At best it's a middle ground between cartoon and realistic/anime.
Naw. He's just anime.

:ulthero: Dragon Ball
:ultryu: Fist of the North Star

On the Ganondorf discussion, I get that some people don't like the lack of direct references in his moveset compared to someone like Mega Man, but acting as if his portrayal is unfitting for the character is just silly to me. He's powerful, brutal, destructive, cunning, arrogant, and disrespectful. I think there are few characters in the game whose personality is so well captured by their gameplay as Ganondorf.

I don't have a problem with more reference moves being added to him. But don't insult my man like he's got nothing going for him now. :ultganondorf:

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
The grossout thing was always his personality in Japan. So it's not inaccurate either.

The moveset takes more from his personality shown in WarioWare(the one he was supposed to have, as the US made him look differently from his original style) and Japan alone.

There's definitely moves from Wario Land that could be added, though. But getting rid of his canon personality is a matter of taste, but it's not like liberties were taken in that case. The moves, definitely. A lot of them. The personality? Not really.
I think this is an important quote from an interview from the developers of Wario Land Shake It

IMG_20190606_030644.png

The truth is Wario was always both. He was both coarse and gross but also tough and macho. Smash mostly ignores the tough side of him. All his animations are extremely goofy. Only three of his moves actually make him look tough, his Dash Attack, his Forward Smash, and his back throw. Perhaps if they gave him a more normal run and a few more tough looking attacks he'd be a balanced representation of Wario.

I also studied Wario's model in Smash vs the Mario Sports games. I can safely say that Wario is off model too. In Smash he is slightly more short and squat than he normally is. His arms are shorter too. This makes him look more goofy as a result.

EDIT: Someone else brought up the Wario Land Wii quote. Still I wanted to put in my two cents that I personally believe his biggest problem is the wierd animations and having a shorter more squat model.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think this is an important quote from an interview from the developers of Wario Land Shake It

View attachment 230427

The truth is Wario was always both. He was both coarse and gross but also tough and macho. Smash sort of ignores this side of him. All his animations are extremely goofy. Only three of his moves actually make him look tough, his Dash Attack, his Forward Smash, and his back throw. Perhaps if they gave him a more normal run and a few more tough looking attacks he'd be a balanced representation of Wario.

I also studied Wario's model in Smash vs the Mario Sports games. I can safely say that Wario is off model too. In Smash he is slightly more short and squat than he normally is. His arms are shorter too.
That's overall what I'm saying. He is both. Though Smash doesn't actually ignore his manly side, but it definitely doesn't show it off nearly as much as his gross side. A few moves could easily change him up for the better, yeah. I kind of like the run, though. And his physical strength and forceful attacks, while goofy, still show he's brutish enough.

There's enough transformations that he could use a few of those in some animations, like his wing-like hat for some aerial attacks. Though at the very least, his animations aren't outright specific to either alt. Not that it should matter. Then again, maybe the costumes being different are part of why his animations are more simple. Any different hats/etc. would need at least two full sets of animations per costume(as the rest is just recoloring/textures and less work in comparison to a different set of clothes).

Koopaul

Smash Champion
You'd think in a fighting game they'd focus a little more on his manly side. It's a fighting game afterall. I don't really think his transformations from WL are necessary, I just want some more normal looking punches and smacks. Also improve his model.

Last edited:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe the Shantae rumor. The Easter egg present in the trailer of Shantae 5 isn't a "real" Smash logo and I hate how people think everything involve around Smash. Dudes, she won't be in, stop it. Get some help.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I have to mention that assist trophies can be silly heartbreakers when it comes to those who have a potential to be playable. In fact, for them being an assist trophy is worse than not including them in the game at all. On the other hand when it comes to those who shouldn't be playable, being an assist trophy is better than nothing.

Also in my opinion, it's best to have more iconic 3rd party characters get in first.

Here's a list of 3rd party characters from my most iconic estimate to least iconic estimate.

Significantly iconic tier: Sonic, Megaman, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud, Simon, Bomberman, Heroes (Dragon Quest), Reimu (Touhou), Banjo, Rayman, Kyo (king of fighters), Akira (Virtura Fighter), Arthur (ghost and goblins), Sora, Ryu Hayabusa, Bill Rizer

Insignificantly iconic tier: Protagonist (persona), Jibanyan, Shantae, Fatal Frame Protagonist, Frisk, Shovel Knight, Quote (cave story), Lilac (freedom planet), Beck (mighty no 9)

So here's the pattern,

Sonic got in before Megaman: matches the pattern. Check

Megaman got in before Pacman: matches the pattern. Check

Pac-Man got in before Ryu: matches the pattern. Check

Ryu got in before Cloud: matches the pattern. Check

Cloud got in before Simon: matches the pattern. Check

Simon got in before Bomberman: matches the pattern. Check

Joker/Ren got in before Bomberman: Wait! somethings wrong! Doesn't match pattern, and doesn't merit to be playable.

Banjo got in before Bomberman: Wait! somethings wrong! Doesn't match pattern, but merits to be playable.

You see above that not only am I unhappy because Joker/Ren got in, but also because he got in before a character who is more iconic than him (who is bomberman), and a character who is more iconic that Joker/Ren became an assist trophy. Which I've already aforementioned.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have to mention that assist trophies can be silly heartbreakers when it comes to those who have a potential to be playable. In fact, for them being an assist trophy is worse than not including them in the game at all. On the other hand when it comes to those who shouldn't be playable, being an assist trophy is better than nothing.

Also in my opinion, it's best to have more iconic 3rd party characters get in first.

Here's a list of 3rd party characters from my most iconic estimate to least iconic estimate.

Significantly iconic tier: Sonic, Megaman, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud, Simon, Bomberman, Heroes (Dragon Quest), Reimu (Touhou), Banjo, Rayman, Kyo (king of fighters), Akira (Virtura Fighter), Arthur (ghost and goblins), Sora, Ryu Hayabusa, Bill Rizer

Insignificantly iconic tier: Protagonist (persona), Jibanyan, Shantae, Fatal Frame Protagonist, Frisk, Shovel Knight, Quote (cave story), Lilac (freedom planet), Beck (mighty no 9)

So here's the pattern,

Joker/Ren got in before Bomberman: Wait! somethings wrong! Doesn't match pattern, and doesn't merit to be playable.

Banjo got in before Bomberman: Wait! somethings wrong! Doesn't match pattern, but merits to be playable.

You see above that not only am I unhappy because Joker/Ren got in, but also because he got in before a character who is more iconic than him (who is bomberman), and a character who is more iconic that Joker/Ren became an assist trophy. Which I've already aforementioned.
I mean, your "pattern" is completely arbitrary, so you can "prove" any character not having enough merits to be playable.

By your logic, :ultsonic::ultsnake::ultmegaman: shouldn't be in the game because they aren't as iconic as :ultpacman:, you are contradicting with yourself.

StormC

Smash Hero

So here's the pattern,

Dude Joker didn't steal Bomberman's spot. It's not Joker's fault Bomberman was already decided on as an Assist Trophy. I say this as someone who's wanted Bomberman since Brawl.

I'm not gonna even touch some of these character rankings (Akira? really?).

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Smash should be at least 50% third party.
All the companies with characters already in the game should go hog wild with newcomers in Smash 6.
Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Ristar, Akira, Jackie, Nights, Rodin, Jeanne, AiAi, Jack Frost, Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-Man Jr., Blinky, Dig Dug, Heihachi, Jin, Lloyd, Bass, Proto Man, Dr. Wily, Mega Man X, Zero, Chun Li, M. Bison, Akuma, Dante, Viewtiful Joe, Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright, Leon Kennedy, Jill Valentine, Raiden (Metal Gear), Trevor Belmont, Alucard, Maria, Bomberman, Frogger, Bill Rizer, Black Mage, Noctis, Zack Fair, Barrett, Slime, Crono, Lara Croft, Geno, Master Chief, Steve, and Conker are all super iconic characters from companies that ALREADY have characters in Smash.

And beyond that, Ubisoft, Tecmo-Koei, Yacht Club Games, and Way Forward have spirits in the game, so we could also have Rayman, Rabbids, Ezio, Just Dancer (like Wii Fit Trainer, still super iconic), Ryu Hayabusa, Dynasty Warriors (idk the character names, but Nintendo seems to love that series), Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Commander Video (trophy in SSB Wii U).

I love Nintendo; they are my favorite company, but Smash Bros. has transcended Nintendo and become a celebration of all gaming, in my opinion.
I still want characters like Waluigi, Toad, Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Issac, etc. But we could EASILY create a 200 character roster and not even be scratching the bottom of the barrel if we open the floodgates for third party representation.

EDIT: This was implied, but I'll state it explicitly: there is no maximum ideal roster size. If you can have 800+ Pokémon, you can have hundreds of Smashers too.

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
EDIT: This was implied, but I'll state it explicitly: there is no maximum ideal roster size. If you can have 800+ Pokémon, you can have hundreds of Smashers too.
The big difference being that Pokémon share most of their moves, don't they?

love Nintendo; they are my favorite company, but Smash Bros. has transcended Nintendo and become a celebration of all gaming, in my opinion.
It has not, not yet, far from it. Even if we reach the point where half the characters are third party, it would be like a history of the world were half the chapters are about Japan.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Smash should be at least 50% third party.
All the companies with characters already in the game should go hog wild with newcomers in Smash 6.
Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Ristar, Akira, Jackie, Nights, Rodin, Jeanne, AiAi, Jack Frost, Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-Man Jr., Blinky, Dig Dug, Heihachi, Jin, Lloyd, Bass, Proto Man, Dr. Wily, Mega Man X, Zero, Chun Li, M. Bison, Akuma, Dante, Viewtiful Joe, Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright, Leon Kennedy, Jill Valentine, Raiden (Metal Gear), Trevor Belmont, Alucard, Maria, Bomberman, Frogger, Bill Rizer, Black Mage, Noctis, Zack Fair, Barrett, Slime, Crono, Lara Croft, Geno, Master Chief, Steve, and Conker are all super iconic characters from companies that ALREADY have characters in Smash.

And beyond that, Ubisoft, Tecmo-Koei, Yacht Club Games, and Way Forward have spirits in the game, so we could also have Rayman, Rabbids, Ezio, Just Dancer (like Wii Fit Trainer, still super iconic), Ryu Hayabusa, Dynasty Warriors (idk the character names, but Nintendo seems to love that series), Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Commander Video (trophy in SSB Wii U).

I love Nintendo; they are my favorite company, but Smash Bros. has transcended Nintendo and become a celebration of all gaming, in my opinion.
I still want characters like Waluigi, Toad, Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Issac, etc. But we could EASILY create a 200 character roster and not even be scratching the bottom of the barrel if we open the floodgates for third party representation.

Developing RPG characters is significantly easier than fighting game characters.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I don't want Smash Bros. to become a celebration of "gaming history", that's not its legacy.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I mean, your "pattern" is completely arbitrary, so you can "prove" any character not having enough merits to be playable.

By your logic, :ultsonic::ultsnake::ultmegaman: shouldn't be in the game because they aren't as iconic as :ultpacman:, you are contradicting with yourself.
No Actually all four of those characters merit to be playable, cause I mentioned that all of them are in the significantly Iconic tier. My list was sorted from most iconic to least iconic. The significantly iconic tier is those who are iconic enough to merit to be playable, and the insignificantly iconic tier is those who don't merit to be playable due to not being iconic enough.

Dude Joker didn't steal Bomberman's spot. It's not Joker's fault Bomberman was already decided on as an Assist Trophy. I say this as someone who's wanted Bomberman since Brawl.

I wasn't saying that Joker/Ren stole Bomberman's spot, I'm just saying that having Joker/Ren get in before Bomberman doesn't follow the pattern of a more iconic character getting in before a less iconic character.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I wasn't saying that Joker/Ren stole Bomberman's spot, I'm just saying that having Joker/Ren get in before Bomberman doesn't follow the pattern of a more iconic character getting in before a less iconic character.
Kyo getting in before a lot of those would not follow this "pattern of a more iconic character getting in before a less iconic character."

osby

Smash Obsessed
There's no such pattern. You made it up, like your significance of iconicness tiers.

Honestly, I have no idea why you just don't say "I'd like Bomberman over Joker", there's no need to act like your opinions have a logic because they don't.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Kyo getting in before a lot of those would not follow this "pattern of a more iconic character getting in before a less iconic character."
Of course Kyo getting in before Reimu wouldn't work because Reimu and Bomberman are more iconic than Kyo.

There's no such pattern. You made it up, like your significance of iconicness tiers.

Honestly, I have no idea why you just don't say "I'd like Bomberman over Joker", there's no need to act like your opinions have a logic because they don't.
Correct, I'd like Bomberman over Joker/Ren, but the reason why is because Bomberman, The Heroes (Dragon Quest) and Reimu are all 100 times more iconic than Joker/Ren.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Correct, I'd like Bomberman over Joker/Ren, but the reason why is because Bomberman, The Heroes (Dragon Quest) and Reimu are all 100 times more iconic than Joker/Ren.
I mean maybe Reimu is in Japan, but I literally wouldn't know who she is or that she was from Touhou if I didn't use these boards.

D

Deleted member

Marth and Roy literally killed the “iconic” argument back in Melee.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
-No offense Kai but with your overuse of the word “iconic” I’m convinced you don’t know what it actually means.

-We don’t have a proper GBA era character in Smash yet, while :ultroy:&:ultlucas:indeed originate from it, their series still came from consoles.

-I kinda feel bad for FE at this point, from what started off as a Japan-only series that became niche in the West and tried to get a cult-following during Melee & Brawl, it’s pretty much Smash 4’s fault for the current reputation and hatred FE’s line-up gets with it’s over saturation, everyone being a swordie, and 3 whole characters based around :ultmarth:.

I just think they handled the representation very poorly, imo they must’ve been extremely confident with how successful Awakening was, maybe it’s because I’m growing a small interest now but I would fine with more FE fighter as along as they’re popular and come from pre-Awakening. (Lyn, Anna, Hector, Celica etc)

I mean, he is a thief. :troll:

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Anyway, to break the "iconic" argument.

I think we should focus our feedback on the stages so we can hope on gathering more fun, tournament legal stages.
Warioware is an awesome level that's held back by it's small side blastzones.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Of course Kyo getting in before Reimu wouldn't work because Reimu and Bomberman are more iconic than Kyo.
And a lot of the franchises you consider uniconic are more iconic than King of Fighters.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Marth and Roy literally killed the “iconic” argument back in Melee.
See also the Ice Climbers, Ness and tbh Captain Falcon at the time of their reveals. Falcon is more known for Smash than his own series which I feel says something about how iconic he is.

I read somewhere on these boards that exactly one person in the audience knew who Popo and Nana were at their reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom