• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash Ultimate Opinions! - Read the OP before Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grie

Smash Apprentice
I was suggesting that Subspace was exactly a 20+ hour drag with repetitive levels and no payoff.
Oh don’t worry, subspace’s issues are very similar, in addition to pretty poorly designed levels, the enemies are mostly bland and generic and to top all of that, I kid you not, a slower game engine. Yeah people should be a bit more critical when looking back at this mode, it’s not good.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Oh don’t worry, subspace’s issues are very similar, in addition to pretty poorly designed levels, the enemies are mostly bland and generic and to top all of that, I kid you not, a slower game engine. Yeah people should be a bit more critical when looking back at this mode, it’s not good.
It's almost like people have different opinions.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Unpop op time:

I liked Final Fantasy XIII-2. It fixed most of the problems the first one had and I enjoyed a lot. The story is a mess, but a fun mess. And I prefer that game over the first three Final Fantasy games. FFI through FFIII just didn't click with me at all. My first experience of FFIII was the DS remake and I was hoping to have a more intriguing plot. Also, bull**** like having nowhere to save before the final boss grinded my gears.

Unpop op time:

I liked Final Fantasy XIII-2. It fixed most of the problems the first one had and I enjoyed a lot. The story is a mess, but a fun mess. And I prefer that game over the first three Final Fantasy games. FFI through FFIII just didn't click with me at all. My first experience of FFIII was the DS remake and I was hoping to have a more intriguing plot. Also, bull**** like having nowhere to save before the final boss grinded my gears.
Not sure on how this is Smash related but whatever.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Unpop op time:

Yeah this fits more under this thread.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Either Yoshi and Wario should be reclassified as Mario series characters, or Luigi shops be given his own series symbol for him and the Luigi’s Mansion content.

I’m glad no Waluigi. With the roster slots so limited in this title, I feel like there are a billion other characters who should be in before he is even considered.

Making Smash is not as hard as Sakurai says it is, and he only ends up pushing himself to the brink of death because he stubbornly refuses to adopt modern game development practices which save time and money.

D

Deleted member

The smash team should've either put a bit more effort in making Daisy and Richter different from their counterparts ( like making their specials function differently, different speed or weight ) or they should've made them the alternate skins they in fact are. The difference between the Belmonts down b is non existant and patch 3 removed the only difference Daisy had from Peach.

osby

Smash Obsessed
he stubbornly refuses to adopt modern game development practices which save time and money.
We already know he recycled old content and engine for Ultimate. What modern practices are you talking about?

The smash team should've either put a bit more effort in making Daisy and Richter different from their counterparts ( like making their specials function differently, different speed or weight ) or they should've made them the alternate skins they in fact are. The difference between the Belmonts down b is non existant and patch 3 removed the only difference Daisy had from Peach.
But they are not alternate skins. If they were, they wouldn't have any animations unique to them and share their idle/taunt/victory animations with Simon and Peach.

I don't think this all or nothing mentality is beneficial to anyone in anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We already know he recycled old content and engine for Ultimate. What modern practices are you talking about?

But they are not alternate skins. If they were, they wouldn't have any animations unique to them and share their idle/taunt/victory animations with Simon and Peach.

I don't think this all or nothing mentality is beneficial to anyone in anyway.
Having different idle animations isnt enough to seperate a clone from their counterparts, the characters need to function differently gameplaywise for them to be different. Ken and Dark Pit have differences from their counterparts. Nothing would be lost if Daisy and Richter were alternate skins since they dont function anything different gameplay wise from their counterparts.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Well, there are hurtbox differences between Peach and Daisy *shrug*
However, I still think Dr. Mario and Pichu should be an echo fighter of Mario and Pikachu.
These two are similar to Chrom's and Roy's relationship in that regard. There are notable differences but at least Pichu and Pikachu play roughly the same.
I can partly agree with Dr. Mario not being an echo of Mario but it would still make sense.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
>Waluigi is the most qualified character to be the next Mario newcomer
>Master Chief is the most qualified character to be the next third party fighter
>Sora would be the worst possible Square Enix rep
>Neither Banjo nor Steve would be good Microsoft reps at all
>Aside from things like Meta Knight's f-tilt and Samus' jab I think the gameplay is better than some people say it is

D

Deleted member

Bandana dee's importance is extemely exaggerated. Not only is his argument that his inclusion in rtld weak because he has as much importance as the blue and yellow Toads from nsmb but Bandana dee was playable in rtdl the same reason Toad was playable in smb2, by default not importance. Just because Bandana dee was in return to dreamland doesnt mean he has the same importance as King Dedede and Meta Knight. They're memorable villians, Bandana dee is a Goomba that got promoted to the Toad of the Kirby franchise.

Bandana dee started as a huge joke character from being the weakest opponent in small minigame to being a meme boss in ultra. He was too scared to fight Kirby while all the other waddle dees tried to fend him off. In all the other Kirby games where he isnt playable he only helps Kirby by throwing items from the sidelines. So in other words Bandana dee has got nothing going on for himself. Any Kirby villian like Marx would be a better fit for smash.

Smash and Nintendo should scrub any and all Awakening and Fates content from their games. Games that promote incest, pedophilia, misogyny, racism, abuse, etc shouldnt be a part of Nintendo's and Fe's legacy. They dont need to stoop low to cater to greasy otakus, they got plenty of amazing fe titles/franchises that deserve more recognition.

Awakening can defintely be tweaked to remove those problematic elements, do the same for Fates and you remove that game from existence.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bandana dee's importance is extemely exaggerated. Not only is his argument that his inclusion in rtld weak because he has as much importance as the blue and yellow Toads from nsmb but Bandana dee was playable in rtdl the same reason Toad was playable in smb2, by default not importance. Just because Bandana dee was in return to dreamland doesnt mean he has the same importance as King Dedede and Meta Knight. They're memorable villians, Bandana dee is a Goomba that got promoted to the Toad of the Kirby franchise.

Bandana dee started as a huge joke character from being the weakest opponent in small minigame to being a meme boss in ultra. He was too scared to fight Kirby while all the other waddle dees tried to fend him off. In all the other Kirby games where he isnt playable he only helps Kirby by throwing items from the sidelines. So in other words Bandana dee has got nothing going on for himself. Any Kirby villian like Marx would be a better fit for smash.

Smash and Nintendo should scrub any and all Awakening and Fates content from their games. Games that promote incest, pedophilia, misogyny, racism, abuse, etc shouldnt be a part of Nintendo's and Fe's legacy. They dont need to stoop low to cater to greasy otakus, they got plenty of amazing fe titles/franchises that deserve more recognition.

Awakening can defintely be tweaked to remove those problematic elements, do the same for Fates and you remove that game from existence.
Somewhat unrelated but you can tell the localization team for Fates were sweating buckets constantly when doing their job. At least Three Houses got rid of almost all of the bull**** (why is Sothis a thing)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Wow. Kind of interesting considering the amount of content from those games in Smash. And the beloved status of games like Awakening.

Also, just for the record. Japan’s age of consent is 13. So they technically aren’t doing anything illegal over there.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Wow. Kind of interesting considering the amount of content from those games in Smash. And the beloved status of games like Awakening.

Also, just for the record. Japan’s age of consent is 13. So they technically aren’t doing anything illegal over there.
Most of it's from Fates, the worst I remember from Awakening is Nowi, Nah and bad timeline Tharja's treatment of her child.

Actually that's not entirely true. If you do anything to someone below 18 there you're getting your ass to jail

D

Deleted member

Somewhat unrelated but you can tell the localization team for Fates were sweating buckets constantly when doing their job. At least Three Houses got rid of almost all of the bull**** (why is Sothis a thing)
I dunno man, with the way treehouse handled Fates they were basically picking their noses.

They apparently dont condone pedophilia by not allowing F!Kana to wear a bikini and yet they left Corrin being able to pregnante underage girls like Midori or let her underage boys like Kiragi, her underage nephew to pregante Corrin.

Treehouse only scrubbed on support of Soleil stalking and sexually harassing people and yet the left Ophelia's and Ignatius's support the same.

And the way the tried to fix Camilla by only attaching some ooc ending is the equivalent of using a usef bandaid to fix a gigantic tranwreck, and that a just the tip of treehouse's incompetence

1. No it isnt

2. Even if it was that doesnt change the fact that its a morally wrong law

3. Age of consent doesnt mean an adult can **** children, it means means kids from that age can manifest consent when having sex WITH KIDS AROUND THE SAME AGE.

But I thought it was.
My bad i i commented before i saw your comment

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
However, I still think Dr. Mario and Pichu should be an echo fighter of Mario and Pikachu.
These two are similar to Chrom's and Roy's relationship in that regard. There are notable differences but at least Pichu and Pikachu play roughly the same.
I can partly agree with Dr. Mario not being an echo of Mario but it would still make sense.
Considering the significant attribute differences between Pikachu and Pichu, it's understandable why Pichu doesn't count as an Echo Fighter. And you must also remember that Pichu has the damage penalty drawbacks that Pikachu never has to deal with.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Explain. What does that mean?
Puppeteer characters are technically 2 characters at once but can separate or whatever to extend combos and stuff. Think of stuff like uhhhhhh Rosalina and Luma, Chaos from UNIST, Zod's Injustice Trait, the Jojo fighting games, Persona 4 arena, Karl and Regelus from Blazblue, etc.
Here's a video of the Jojo game which as far as I can tell is the first fighting game with such a mechanic

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Puppeteer characters are technically 2 characters at once but can separate or whatever to extend combos and stuff. Think of stuff like uhhhhhh Rosalina and Luma, Chaos from UNIST, Zod's Injustice Trait, the Jojo fighting games, Persona 4 arena, Karl and Regelus from Blazblue, etc.
Here's a video of the Jojo game which as far as I can tell is the first fighting game with such a mechanic
That would be kind of cool. But I feel like since he was a DLC character, that kind of thing would be unfeasible

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I don't blame you, people kept pushing it to justify being creeps

Anyway Smash opinion, I like Joker but I feel he should have been a bit more of a puppeteer character
Yeah this. Being a puppeteer character more like fans were saying is the only thing that would have convinced me to get him, cuz I don't care about him nor Persona on its own.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Peach and Daisy also have Turnip differences damage-wise. They're barely different, but hurtbox isn't the sole thing.

Pichu has a different but similar bodyshape. Can't be an Echo.
Dr. Mario wasn't classified as one when he was first made, so it's probably why he stays a clone. Incidentally they have pretty different moves, even moreso than the other Echoes do, including Chrom. I do agree he could work fine under the Echo label though. As noted, Pichu cannot for the same reason Isabelle can't.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Peach and Daisy also have Turnip differences damage-wise. They're barely different, but hurtbox isn't the sole thing.

Pichu has a different but similar bodyshape. Can't be an Echo.
Dr. Mario wasn't classified as one when he was first made, so it's probably why he stays a clone. Incidentally they have pretty different moves, even moreso than the other Echoes do, including Chrom. I do agree he could work fine under the Echo label though. As noted, Pichu cannot for the same reason Isabelle can't.
Last I checked they patched the turnips to be the same recently
To be fair Lucina and Dark Pit weren't classified as echoes in Smash 4 either

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Considering the significant attribute differences between Pikachu and Pichu, it's understandable why Pichu doesn't count as an Echo Fighter. And you must also remember that Pichu has the damage penalty drawbacks that Pikachu never has to deal with.
Yeah, but that's how echos should actually work: Two characters with a similar enough playstyle but there are certain things that doesn't make them quite the exact same character. Hurtbox differences are pretty much no difference, they should've make Daisy and Peach similar to Alph and Olimar.
Pichu and Pikachu do have certain differences but thhese aren't that big in the end.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Last I checked they patched the turnips to be the same recently
To be fair Lucina and Dark Pit weren't classified as echoes in Smash 4 either
Dr. Mario was a clone before 4, that said. He was also designed to be way different from Mario in 4 and Ultimate, while Dark Pit and Lucina weren't. Which is what I meant by "wasn't classified as one when he was first made." Though yeah, that's kind of an unfair point too. Echoes weren't even slightly thought of by the time of Melee. 4 might've been the earliest he thought of them as a concept, but didn't use the label since it wasn't a specific feature of Smash Ultimate. Hard to say.

Also, patching the turnips is honestly kind of dumb. :/ They were fine being a bit unique from each other. Tangible differences to justify a slot, but still near identical.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Most of it's from Fates, the worst I remember from Awakening is Nowi, Nah and bad timeline Tharja's treatment of her child.
Thats just the tip of the iceberg, awakening has got alot more problematic elements. Like this game using Yarne's ptsd from being alone at a young age in a doomed future and Noire's split personality disorder from the abuse she suffered as a joke.

Cherche abusing Virion.

Underage children like Lissa, Donnel, Ricken being able to marry adults.

Tharja still abusing Noire in the present timeline.

Gregor getting rewarded for belittling Sully, Panne, Maribelle, and Olivia.

Inigo getting rewarded for his ****boy tendicies.

The harvest dlc having Kjelle sexually harass Severa.

F!Robins support with Flavia using gay marriage as a joke.

Flavia and Basilio thirsting over Chrom and Lucina.

Maribelle using albeist language towards Brady.

And thats all i can remember from awakening.

Peach and Daisy also have Turnip differences damage-wise.
Patch 3 removed the turnip difference between the 2 characters

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Being able to die much more quickly is enough to disqualify someone from being an echo.
Eh, not really. Knockback had nothing to do with it. The consistent factor of an Echo is "they must have the same bodyshape". Anything else has been put into question.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, but that's how echos should actually work: Two characters with a similar enough playstyle but there are certain things that doesn't make them quite the exact same character. Hurtbox differences are pretty much no difference, they should've make Daisy and Peach similar to Alph and Olimar.
Pichu and Pikachu do have certain differences but thhese aren't that big in the end.
I don't know, I'd say not sharing the same base model unlike all echos is a pretty big difference. They don't have the same proportions and a majority of their animations are unique to them.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Eh, not really. Knockback had nothing to do with it. The consistent factor of an Echo is "they must have the same bodyshape". Anything else has been put into question.
That's something I can accept as a counter argument.
All other echos do shre this, so I guess the developers thought that this is a definitive cut-off point.
But that would still make Dr. Mario an attendee for an echo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's something I can accept as a counter argument.
All other echos do shre this, so I guess the developers thought that this is a definitive cut-off point.
But that would still make Dr. Mario an attendee for an echo.
Dr. Mario was again, made way before Echoes could potentially exist. He's a regular clone from Melee. That's a key difference among him, Lucina, and Dark Pit. Dr. Mario was retooled to be as close as his Melee counterpart as possible. Lucina and Dark Pit were intentionally designed to be a more samey-clone in comparison. I don't remember if Sakurai mentioned much other than Dr. Mario took way more work.

Doc just had an advantage to avoid the label.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thats just the tip of the iceberg, awakening has got alot more problematic elements. Like this game using Yarne's ptsd from being alone at a young age in a doomed future and Noire's split personality disorder from the abuse she suffered as a joke.

Cherche abusing Virion.

Underage children like Lissa, Donnel, Ricken being able to marry adults.

Tharja still abusing Noire in the present timeline.

Gregor getting rewarded for belittling Sully, Panne, Maribelle, and Olivia.

Inigo getting rewarded for his ****boy tendicies.

The harvest dlc having Kjelle sexually harass Severa.

F!Robins support with Flavia using gay marriage as a joke.

Flavia and Basilio thirsting over Chrom and Lucina.

Maribelle using albeist language towards Brady.

And thats all i can remember from awakening.

Patch 3 removed the turnip difference between the 2 characters
Most of that didn't even happen though. Also this isn't really a Smash related opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom