• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash Ultimate Opinions! - Read the OP before Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Not an unpopular opinion or anything, but Star Fox sorta kinda did get a new stage, in that Corneria was redesigned from Melee to resemble the Star Fox Zero version instead of Star Fox 64 (Venom now fulfills that role).

I don't remember any stage getting redesigned in Ultimate to resemble the latest game aside from Corneria, so aside from New Donk City Hall, Great Plateau Tower, Moray Towers, and Dracula's Castle, Corneria sorta kinda counts as the secret 5th new stage before DLC.

Just felt like adding to the discussion, carry on.
I mean, I don't know if you would count it, but Pirate Ship was sorta updated to look more like the art style of Wind Waker HD.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I seem to be in the minority that loved Orbital Gate Assault. Really fun, cinematic stage with beautiful graphics and the Area 6/Missile Slipstream remix just matched it so perfectly.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
I seem to be in the minority that loved Orbital Gate Assault. Really fun, cinematic stage with beautiful graphics and the Area 6/Missile Slipstream remix just matched it so perfectly.
Honestly, I want that stage to come back just for the visuals alone.
(Plus it would feel like a waste if it didn't since it took a year to make)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Honestly, I want that stage to come back just for the visuals alone.
(Plus it would feel like a waste if it didn't since it took a year to make)
You could probably say the same thing for Woolly World and Pyrosphere as well. Of course, the latter would lead to complications when you take into account its stage hazard, and the fact that Ridley is playable.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You could probably say the same thing for Woolly World and Pyrosphere as well. Of course, the latter would lead to complications when you take into account its stage hazard, and the fact that Ridley is playable.
I feel like they should've kept the stage and just removed the boss Ridley. It's like his "home stage" at least on the level of Norfair.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Doesn't stop Duck Hunt dog.

Still, easy solution: take Ridley out of the stage. While we're at it, let's remove Metal Head, Yellow Devil, Dark Emperor, and every other stage boss. Good riddance.

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman

Still, easy solution: take Ridley out of the stage. While we're at it, let's remove Metal Head, Yellow Devil, Dark Emperor, and every other stage boss. Good riddance.
Literally turn off hazards. I like the stage bosses sometimes in FFAs

D

Deleted member

Literally no one would confuse the two Ridleys.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Literally no one would confuse the two Ridleys.
I don't know, man. When I was doing the boss rush at the end of World of Light and had Bowser face off against Giga Bowser, I totally couldn't tell which one I was controlling.

:p

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't quite count that as it happened back when it was included as DLC for Smash 4.
Pretty sure it was still bright and vibrant as it was in the original Wind Waker and Brawl back in Smash 4.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Pretty sure it was still bright and vibrant as it was in the original Wind Waker and Brawl back in Smash 4.
Huh, I could have sworn it wasn't new. Guess my memory's kinda foggy.

I'll still say that it's not as "new" as the Corneria makeover because Pirate Ship was changed to resemble its remake, not necessarily a new game / continuity.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Huh, I could have sworn it wasn't new. Guess my memory's kinda foggy.

I'll still say that it's not as "new" as the Corneria makeover because Pirate Ship was changed to resemble its remake, not necessarily a new game / continuity.
Alright then, fair enough. Just thought I'd mention it.

D

Deleted member

I don't know, man. When I was doing the boss rush at the end of World of Light and had Bowser face off against Giga Bowser, I totally couldn't tell which one I was controlling.

:p
Strange. The same thing happened when I used Ganondorf against Ganon.

Khalith

Smash Rookie
1. Playing free for all with 4 players and items turned on is fun and enjoyable.

2. Throws were much stronger back in smash 64 and should have kept that same level of KO power.

3. Spiking/gimping/edge guarding people isn’t fun. It’s much more enjoyable and satisfying to KO them with a huge hit.

4. Taunts being removed from the online mode is a fantastic thing and tea bagging is lame and childish.

5. Chrono Trigger characters should be added to the roster.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Paper Mario is a much better choice then Geno.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
- I think that Waluigi should be in the game to balance Mario-Luigi Wario-Waluigi. Maybe an echo fighter of Luigi to not put too much time on him. Waluigi is recognised in Odyssey so he is canon now.

- Wario should be redesigned to have the moves of Wario Land and Wario World.

- Akuma and Heihachi Michima deserves to be in the roster.

- Corrin and Robin should be replaced by Pokemons.

- Wario should have more palette swaps, 8 for biker and 8 for regular.

- Wool Yoshi needs more palette swaps and be more wool like.

- Another Kirby character deserves a roster spot.

- Kirby should get some garn palette swaps.

- Kirbys B after sucking someone and copying it should be rebalanced to either have B or side- B attacks. This is a problem ive had since Melee.

- Lucina should be a palette swap of Marth.

- Dark Pit should be a palette swap of Pit.

- Duck Hunt Duo palette swaps should be different kind of dogs.

- ROB should be removed from the roster.

- Pokefloat should come back.

- Many trophies should be nerfed as they ruin single player mode.

- I dont know if this is possible but i dont like how the roster is atm. Its basically from N64 to Switch, id rather have all Mario characters together, FE characters together etc.

I dont know if these are unpopular opinions but:

- Sakurais new adventure mode is very fun. Keep up the good work.

- Thank you Sakurai for adding so much content for this game and not giving up yet.
I agree with Wario's moveset being the Land games and if I added a 4th or 6th Kirby rep here's who i would choose:
-Bandana Dee
-Keeby (Could use combo abilities from Crystal Shards that Kirby doesn't have in Smash like Laser Sword and Giant Claws with Fire Arrow)
-Knuckle Joe

Waluigi isn't likely to get in Smash and shouldn't get in Smash.

Captain Toad should be in and would have a unique moveset, more of one than any other possible Mario newcomer.

Instead of adding 15+ newcomers, they should add a smaller amount of newcomers but bring back Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Shantae would be the best indie character.

Not Smash 5 really but Cloud wasn't a great addition.

Daisy would be funner and better than what people give her credit for. She's also more deserving of a spot than some of the characters already on the roster.

If Fire Emblem gets a newcomer it should be Anna. No one else. Tiki would be fine but if they can't do Ridley IDK how they'll do Tiki.
What about Camilla as a Axe User, unless she needs more censorship

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Shields are useless now. You have much less time to act out of one before your opponent can throw out another move that hits you as you're dropping shield. The large nerfs to grabs just makes it more frustrating getting trapped in shield.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What about Camilla as a Axe User, unless she needs more censorship
I think Camilla would be in my bottom five Fire Emblem characters I'd want in Smash, never mind just out of axe users. :|

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I mean I never played Fates, so I couldn't say whether I would want her or not. I always wanted to see an ax user like Hector or Boyd. Then again those are the two main guys that come to mind for the games that I did play. And Hector would be a nice way to tie the first game to come overseas into Smash.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
They should add Shadow Kirby as an echo of Kirby but with some slight attack property differences and/or one or two different moves (cutter throw for example), but his main gimmick would be that his inhale copies all 4 of his opponent's special moves.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I'd go Dark Meta Knight. Star Allies showed they could be semi-clones potentially. Also, they wouldn't have to do the ridiculous task of giving him every special (sans some Mii ones).

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Star Allies made me truly want Dark Meta Knight as a semi of MK.

An easy solution already exists: hazard toggle.

You get to enjoy each of those stage layouts without the hassle of dealing with the stage boss.

Except for Wily Castle, which sadly just becomes an omega stage.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Falco is more fun to play than Fox and Wolf. I think he's incredibly underrated in this game.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I really enjoy stage bosses (Such as the yellow devil and Metal face) since now you can just turn them off.

And i kinda wish we had more like Dr Eggman appearing on a sonic stage or the return of big boy Ridley on Pyroshpere.

(Although an actual WoL style boss would be even better :p)

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Even after the honey moon phase is over I still think this game has the potential to be the best competive smash game of all time (it's obviously Melee now but Ultimate is a new game still). Also I disagree with the a lot of pros hating on the game lately. I think a lot of these opinions are coming from players who have had trouble adjusting. Not all of them but this game is worlds better than Smash 4 competively imo

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
:ultsimon: > :ultrichter:
Simon is much more visually distnict and interesting, his aesthetic is unique to Smash. Richter’s design is generic, he does not stand out at all. I honestly don’t get why everyone prefers the later.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
An easy solution already exists: hazard toggle.

You get to enjoy each of those stage layouts without the hassle of dealing with the stage boss.
No, you don't. Wily's Castle loses its fun bits and Find Mii loses its fun bit: the swinging cage.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
No, you don't. Wily's Castle loses its fun bits and Find Mii loses its fun bit: the swinging cage.
...I pointed that out in the post that you quoted from.
"Except for Wily Castle, which sadly just becomes an omega stage. "

And you purposely left out that information. Come on man, are you really that basic?

The loss of the swinging cage is a minor issue in the Find Mii stage and not a deal breaker. I feel you are ignoring simple fixes and exacerbating problems with these stages for extra drama. All that tells me is that you have limited problem solving skills and severe short sightedness.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
:ultsimon: > :ultrichter:
Simon is much more visually distnict and interesting, his aesthetic is unique to Smash. Richter’s design is generic, he does not stand out at all. I honestly don’t get why everyone prefers the later.
2 reasons mostly.

The Richter aesthetic is more conventionally cool as compared to Simon's more muscular body and leather outfit.

And Richter himself is attached to one of if not the most popular Castlevania games of all time. Which is helped by his "die monster" meme.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
...I pointed that out in the post that you quoted from.
"Except for Wily Castle, which sadly just becomes an omega stage. "

And you purposely left out that information. Come on man, are you really that basic?
I'm well aware you discussed Wily. You did not discuss Find Mii, so I added that point. I only quote the part of a post I'm replying to to keep the post tidy, that doesn't at all mean I didn't read the whole thing. There's no need to get defensive and there's certainly no need for personal insults.

Osby, aren't you a mod? What are you doing encouraging flamebait? Shame on you.

ON THE SUBJECT, if I didn't feel the loss of the swinging cage was significant I wouldn't have mentioned it. Without the cage, I personally find no reason to play on the stage, much like I find no reason at all to play on Wily's Castle without the platforms. I'm not happy that these two stages offer me the choice of a non-stage or an unplayable stage, and I'm not the only one who has raised this complaint. I would even go so far as to say that it's an extremely widespread complaint, as can be seen in many other threads.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
ON THE SUBJECT, if I didn't feel the loss of the swinging cage was significant I wouldn't have mentioned it. Without the cage, I personally find no reason to play on the stage, much like I find no reason at all to play on Wily's Castle without the platforms. I'm not happy that these two stages offer me the choice of a non-stage or an unplayable stage, and I'm not the only one who has raised this complaint. I would even go so far as to say that it's an extremely widespread complaint, as can be seen in many other threads.
I'm not trying to sound inflaming here, but that is such a silly gripe. You are letting a minor stage element ruin a perfectly good experience on a perfectly good stage. To go as far as considering Find Mii unplayable because of it... it seems that having fun isn't in your list of priorities.

And I know you are not the only raising this complaint. Doesn't mean that these people should ever be taken seriously in their personal gripe, and I wouldn't consider widespread enough to be a serious problem. You either learn to live without the swinging cage or never play on the stage.

Anyways, I'll go get my violin and play you a ballad. Let us moan together until the end of time the fact that Find Mii is now an unplayable stage with zero redeeming qualities.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I'm not trying to sound inflaming here, but that is such a silly gripe. You are letting a minor stage element ruin a perfectly good experience on a perfectly good stage.
I have seen the error of my ways. I will commence enjoyment of the stage immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom