• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash Ultimate Opinions! - Read the OP before Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
Wall o' text inbound.

-Even though I like the changes to Ganondorf's move set, I'm gonna really miss his old Brawl/Smash 4 one. I'm also gonna miss his Twilight Princess look. Something about looking like a grumpy, slightly over weight, middle-aged man is my perfect image of the Smash Bros. version of Ganondorf. Not pure evil, but just really grumpy. XD I'm kinda hoping Black Shadow is added as an echo of Cpt, Falcon, and he just has Ganondorf's old move set. Doubt it'll happen though.

-Never exactly understood the desire for Geno and Bandana Dee to be newcomers, but hey, more power to their followers!

-I'm happy there's no wave dashing in Ultimate. I suuuuucked at performing it in Melee and I'd probably get my butt kicked online if it was in. XD I do, however, like the Melee style air dodge returning. Disliked Brawl/Smash 4's.

-Ultimate's main theme (or at least the current version of it that we know of,) is my second favourite Smash main theme. Melee's is first. I know a lot of people don't care for it, so I thought it'd be good enough for an unpopular opinion.

-I do not want Undertale or Minecraft representation in Smash. I like both games, but I can't imagine them feeling right in Smash.

-I'm completely fine with some series having more representation than others. Mario and Pokemon, for obvious reasons, (they print money) and at the time of Smash 4's release, Fire Emblem was doing incredibly well financially and had a brand new game coming right around the corner. I doubt we'll be seeing a new Fire Emblem rep in Ultimate, as Three Houses was just revealed at E3. Maybe for DLC though.

-Give Ike a projectile. His sword Ragnell can shoot waves of energy out of it in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, so I'm kinda sad that Ike's specials have remained more-or-less unchanged. The buff to eruption is nice, but I would have preferred a faster, longer range projectile.

-I'd love to see Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish come back.

-I want the fighting Mii teams replaced with a mix of the teams from previous smashes. (Polygon, Wire Frame, and Alloy)

-I'm completely fine with Waluigi being an assist trophy.

-Although I don't dislike it, I think the Great Plateau tower is a bit boring as the BoTW Stage. A stage inside one of the divine beasts could have been cool to see.

1) I have no issue with 3rd parties in Smash, I think it is interesting to have a few odd men out so to speak. I just ask they be good characters, from good franchises. You know, franchises not associated with disaster. With game after game being another broken, glitch infested abomination, chain rebooting as the failures pile up into a mountain disappointment eclipsed only by the fanaticism of the fans introduced at a young enough age to not fully comprehend the sight before them. My point is I want Sonic out of Smash, and if he comes back, he better earn a spot. I'll take Billy Hatcher over him at this point if SEGA must show up in some way.
So I guess Sonic Mania doesn't count then? I get that it wasn't developed by Sonic Team, but it's still under Sega's banner. Unless you don't like 2D Sonic, if so, well... fair enough, I guess. XD Also, I'd agree that Lost World was pretty bad and that Forces was incredibly mediocre and boring, but I wouldn't exactly call them broken, glitch infested abominations.

I'd say Pacman's track record for games has been even more lackluster, outside of the original classic and a couple of the World games. So off with his head too! But hey, I guess they're called "unpopular opinions" for a reason. :p

Last edited:

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
-With Simon Belmont more likely on the horizon, I fail to see shovel knight's Purpose if he gets in. He already plays like a combination of Simon and Zelda 2 link, I can't really see him actually providing anything new to the game

-I have no idea how you could implement Krool without him being a better dedede, I think he's likely to be in and sakurai will find some niche for his playstyle, but from my armchair designer perspective, I can't see it.

-Dixie Kong as an echo of diddy is a huge waste of what she can do to be a well done semiclone

-If we had any Indie character in, I want it to be Reimu, not gonna happen, but at least her series has genuine clout and impact and will provide a fighting style that isn't just hopping onto the backs of classic Nintendo games.

-I'd rather have the classic piggy ganon design than giving falcondorf a sword

-I would actually more dissapointed if i see paper mario or captain toad in than i would seeing another fe character in, and i hate fe (Geno's cool though)

-I don't understand why a lancer fe character would be more unique than Bandana Dee, both fight with a pointy long stick, and one of them is less likely to have a counter on downb

-I don't really care if it's competeive as long as the game is more fun than smash 4 was. I never played Project M, but if that was still being developed I'd rather just let them make a true competeive smash game.

-Nintendo should stop being cowards and let Nester be in smash

-In the entirerly hypothetical and would never happen world where goku was announced for smash, i would be cool with it (Please don't reply or argue about this one)

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'll add some more:

- The more Smash caters exclusively to the pro fighting scene, the less interesting it is. I'm not opposed to advanced techniques, faster gameplay, and a higher skill ceiling in general. What I am completely opposed to is shrinking the roster for balance, making too many stages around legal play, and having people endlessly ***** about the tier lists. Smash has never been exclusively about being a pro level game, Melee was an accidental work of genius in that department, but Sakurai has never seen Smash that way and you'd rob so much of what makes Smash unique.

- Anyone who says they should have just removed Bayonetta and Cloud for being overpowered in Smash 4 is missing the point of retooling characters. They shouldn't be removed just because they were powerful, reworks can turn a character from top tier into a more reasonable character a la Meta Knight's transition from Brawl to Smash 4. And even if they remain in the game as too powerful, calling for their removal on that basis and being disappointed with their continued presence seems petty.

- I think a Gen 7 pick from Pokemon is overrated by most people. Decidueye is cool and all, but there are tons of other Pokemon from previous generations to use as well. I agree we'll likely get a new Pokemon rep, but I hate seeing things limited to only Gen 7 as a possibility.

- Relevance is still the most annoying argument to ever come across in terms of Smash speculation, and people try to use it as a way to shut people up too often for a character pick they don't enjoy. Ice Climbers are the definition of irrelevant and they made it in, and alongside Game and Watch who was the more "retro" pick of the two for Melee.

- Fan requested characters only benefit everyone. If you love the character you get to play as them. If you hate them, you no longer have to hear about them all the time or expend so much effort fighting a battle against the fans of that character (Which you probably shouldn't be doing in the first place).

- I would have preferred that Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard just be separated entirely as unique characters. I don't like having their down-B wasted on the transformation mechanic. I love them being back, but I'm not really a fan of the switching characters mechanic personally.

- Zelda/Shiek and Samus/ZSS are better off continuing as separate characters considering how different their move sets and play styles are.

- Steve and Doomguy are weird choices for characters that are just playable avatars for all essential purposes. All of their iconic status is derived from the games around them, not the characters themselves. While Nintendo can get away with this in representing their own series, but I believe third party characters should be actual characters in their own right.

- Regardless of who you want, if a newcomer is unique and plays as such, there isn't much reason to oppose any newcomers. They may not be the characters that you or I want, but their playstyles can only to the game and give them at least a proper chance once the game comes out.

- Springman is probably the most boring looking characters of ARMS, and if we get an ARMS characters I'd basically prefer anyone else. Ideally, they'd just create an ARMS character slot and let the alts go wild with the roster and combination of ARMS.

- Let there be a 100 characters for all I care. Smash is a celebration of Nintendo and video games, and the roster isn't nearly as damn bloated as a lot of fighting games that genuinely have a stupid amount of clones/pallete swaps/multiple of the same character with huge fighting game rosters. Sakurai has done such a good job at crafting unique characters or differentiating those with similarities, that I trust him with the lineup. Obviously that will never happen, but 65 as it stands isn't a problem.

Bonus:
-I never understood why people cared so much about Link being right handed, it's such a minor detail that really shouldn't be relevant to any discussions of the character or his games.

Edit: Bonus:
- If the day ever comes that we get Goku in Smash, I want to see Luffy and Naruto next to him because if we're opening that particular can of worms, we might as well do it right (This might have something to do with me watching One Piece right now haha)

Last edited:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
-Decidueye is overrated.

-Indie characters and Western characters don't deserve to be playable in Smash (Crash Bandicoot is the sole exception for me).

-Bomberman and Krystal fit the assist trophy role better than playable character role.

-If Dark Samus is a playable character, she should be a unique character and NOT an echo.

-I'm perfectly fine with getting another Fire Emblem character, despite not being a huge fan of the series.

-Not a huge fan of the dramatic slow-mo that happens when you land a finishing blow, I just find it distracting.

-Not a fan of the 1.2x damage multiplier in 1v1s. They should've just made damage slightly higher than Smash 4 across all modes for consistency sake.

-They need to either rework or flat out remove All-Star Mode, Assuming the final roster is 70+ characters, that mode will become a painful slog to go through with every character.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I'm perfectly content with this game from the simple fact that every previous character is back in this one.
Everything else from now on is a bonus to me.

Sakurai doesn't owe us anything.
I felt this way too after seeing the reveal.

As for more unpopular opinions

I don't think there should be a full fledged storymode like Subspace in ultimate. There are just too many characters to include for there to be. Ultimate should be more of VS mode driven game than any of the previous smashes.

I absolutely can't stand how people are upset about Sakurai saying that "he hopes we don't expect too many newcomers." He never said we were getting like 2 more characters so calm down. Plus that was just a translation of what he said. The only thing I can take away from this is that we won't be getting as many newcomers as past games like Brawl with 18 or Smash 4 with 21 which is a **** of a lot. I mean aside from perhaps a few names, smash has caught up to Nintendo's source material. I can't imagine any of the other newcomers having a bigger impact than Ridley. Could be underwhelming in comparison which isn't necessarily a bad thing because Ridley was waaaayyy up there on the fan's wish list. But the point is, Sakurai has very much spoiled us with the already confirmed content for this game.

While I think Waluigi should be in smash, I'm not really surprised he's still an assist nor am I butthurt about it. If you haven't noticed, Sakurai isn't the only one always giving Waluigi the short end of the stick. Nintendo as a company does this. He never has his spotlight because he never had his own game. He was created so Wario would have a tennis partner and he's never really evolved much since then. I think his exclusion from having his own games and playable smash bros character status is all purposeful. I don't think Nintendo nor Sakurai ever want to give Waluigi any sort of praise. It feels like it's become a gag and Sakurai is in on it.

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
-If we had any Indie character in, I want it to be Reimu, not gonna happen, but at least her series has genuine clout and impact and will provide a fighting style that isn't just hopping onto the backs of classic Nintendo games.
Does Touhou even count as an indie game? I mean it's been around for so long and had so many high budget productions it really doesn't feel indie to me anymore

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don’t like the childish wifeu personality :ultzelda:has going for her in this game.
Energetic = childish?

I don't understand how she's childish. She still acts like an adult, just one with some life in her.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Energetic = childish?

I don't understand how she's childish. She still acts like an adult, just one with some life in her.
I can see where Doug's coming from. I personally preferred the Twilight Princess look because that Zelda was just more mature and powerful looking. This new Zelda is a lot spunkier and cute. I kinda thought her one taunt where she waves especially came off as kinda juvenile but I think that's because the Twilight Princess Zelda was just so ultra serious in contrast. I've grown to like this new Zelda though.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I've had this one sitting in the back of my mind since I first joined in on the speculation scene a few months back, but the idea that irrelevant fan-favorites that modern-day consumers aren't likely to recognize stand zero chance next to current, "heavily-marketed" (that term is a synonym for "forced" in my eyes) characters is just completely stupid to me. It simply reeks of "fanmade-rule-assumed-real" considering how many examples are currently in Smash's roster that go precisely against it; because, honestly, how many casual consumers today are liable to recognize folks like Captain Falcon, Mega Man, Little Mac, either of the Earthbound boys, Olimar, any of the Star Fox crew bar maybe Fox, Sheik, any of the retros, Wii Fit Trainer, anyone from Fire Emblem, or, let's be real, anyone who isn't from one of Nintendo's current flagship franchises or named Sonic or Pac-Man? The answer, I suspect, is not many, even if these characters may have been at least semi-relevant when they were introduced, yet here they still are despite their obscurity. Because when you get right down to it, Smash is a celebration of history, not a marketing tool. It's why we have, and have had since Melee, a category of characters specifically hand-picked to be unrecognizable, irrelevant, and generally out of left field - surprise, or "retro" picks, as the community has taken to calling them. And besides, it's not like characters that are relevant and recognizable today are at all guaranteed to remain that way going forward; compare where Fox and his series were when Smash 64 came out to where they are today.

Like I said in an earlier post in this thread (which two separate people actively went against the rules of the thread trying to take me up on), novelty wears off quick, and it's ultimately a ****ty reason to add one candidate over another. That's not to say we will not or should not see any new faces in the upcoming Smash game, but to say that folks like K. Rool and Geno need to get in line behind their more relevant and forced competitors just because they won't produce the most dollar signs is simply a bad viewpoint to have that I don't think really helps anyone.

Last edited:

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
Does Touhou even count as an indie game? I mean it's been around for so long and had so many high budget productions it really doesn't feel indie to me anymore
Yeah I can see that, especially after the last few years or so, either way I don't think it's nearly on the same level as big company backed juggernauts like Sonic, Pac Man and Cloud are.

Also bonus opinion Biker Wario is good and makes him a character that's not just yet another mario (Hence why i don't really want Paper Mario in, we already have green mario and doctor mario, I like mario but geez)

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Misty is the one most deserving character to be a newcomer in Smash, preferably as another Pokémon Trainer-like character. Deal with it by leaving technology altogether.
It's not that I couldn't see Minecraft content happening - I just don't care for it or Steve in the slightest.
Rayman is cool and all, but where da hecc Crash at, boyo?! :V
If we ever have another Sega rep, either let it be a new Sega character or, if it has to be from the Sonic series, Tails. I don't even think Shadow would deserve to be an Echo of our Blue Blur because of his unique characteristics.
All you folks on Smashboards are sleeping on a Labo character AND on Mini Kangaroo. End of story.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I don't want anymore third party characters, I think we have more than enough.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Energetic = childish?

Yeah as snake Colonel said this is smash=fighting not Mario party. I didn’t expect to see so much smiling giggling reminds me of Lana from hyrule warriors.

I don’t know can’t put my tongue on it something about the face. Don’t think it’s fits for smash

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I don’t know can’t put my tongue on it something about the face. Don’t think it’s fits for smash
I think she looks way more childish this round. I did prefer the hardened adult Zelda from Twilight Princess - this one has a very anime vibe.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I think she looks way more childish this round. I did prefer the hardened adult Zelda from Twilight Princess - this one has a very anime vibe.
Yep that’s seems like it she just looks like she’s 13

I don’t hate the look I liked it in between worlds.

Her phantom fits with her new look

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to see Decidueye in the game, I'd prefer other Pokemon over him

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
SSBU is Smash Brothers 4 Ultimate. AKA port argument.

Calane

Smash Ace
Let's see, uh... I think Young Link should have used the Kokiri Sword (MM Design) and Hero's Shield from Majora's Mask instead of the usual Kokiri Sword and Deku Shield from Ocarina of Time.

Is that unpopular? I don't know, probably.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Let's see, uh... I think Young Link should have used the Kokiri Sword (MM Design) and Hero's Shield from Majora's Mask instead of the usual Kokiri Sword and Deku Shield from Ocarina of Time.

Is that unpopular? I don't know, probably.
I'm not sure if it's unpopular, but i agree(more leaning on the idea of a mirror shield and the gilded sword, but same idea), especially when you consider the fact that young link uses a bow in this game and in OOT he can't use a bow, but MM young link does, i'm also pretty sure his final smash will be fierce deity, which would be even more confusing.

Gimmick-Hater

Smash Apprentice
A lot of the opinions in this thread just seem like opinions rather than ones that are actually unpopular.

On a side note, I wouldn't have minded if Sonic hadn't come back for Ultimate. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of his character or games (most of which, IMO, are pretty mediocre). I also think that his move-set & play-style leaves a lost to be desired (a majority of his moves are just him rolling into a ball).

I could careless about the next Nintendo character to join the game since Nintendo has pretty much drained the swap in-terms of first parties that I want to see. I'm honestly way more interested in seeing what other new third-parties there will be (if there are any at all).

Edit: Also, people who compare FE to Mario are silly. One of the biggest gaming franchises of all time shouldn't be compared to a series that was on it's last knees a few years ago.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
People are overreacting a ridiculous amount to Waluigi not being in this game, and it isn't even that bad that he isn't there.

Last edited:

sneakycrown

Smash Cadet
Maybe Smash Ultimate could do without a story mode. And let the game just be a monument to past Smash Brothers titles. Sakurai doesn't HAVE to make new content every time, he's earned the right to make a mashup and give us one of the greatest games on the switch.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I honestly don't want an All-Star mode this go around.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I dont want sora in smash. For the most part I'm either really meh or really excited for new characters, but I really disike kingdom hearts (which in itself is a pretty unpopular opinion tbh) and I don't really want any of it in smash.
I agree (though i don't hate KH) i rather another SE character in Smash, if that were to happen.

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
I agree (though i don't hate KH) i rather another SE character in Smash, if that were to happen.
I'm right there with you, aside from kh I don't really hate any SE franchise. My personal top pic for newcomers... is not from SE but my #2 is Ramza lol. I reckon that's a reply for a different topic though.

LancerJayden

Smash Rookie
.I don't think we need another xenoblade rep. (i wouldn't be mad if there was one, i just don't find the characters that interesting)
.I don't think theres "too many swordfighters" they play unique enough so i don't think its that much of a problem
.i don't think shadow or dark samus should be an echos, they have so much more gameplay potential then that.
.i don't think sakurai has planned dlcs characters planned right now. they've said how they waited for the roster to be finished before they make dlc and i don't think they would be doing any right now.(i know they announced mewtwo before wii u version came out but he was so early all they had to show was his model. plus he was a vet so it was probally a bit easier to do.)
.while i like how they are making final smashes faster, i don't like how similiar they made Dk's and little mac's final smash to eachother,
.i hate how much fans are harrasing sakurai about walugi. i know its mostly a joke (like with chrom during smash 4) but people have been sending sakurai on twitter pictures of walugi over the twin towers burning with is messed up.
.Sakurai really needs to take a vacation.

Triforce Uchiha

Smash Rookie
I'm sure many will argue this and sacrifice their own life to defend him, but I feel that Sakurai's comments recently were pretty disrespectful. Let me explain. I agree that he doesn't like that some people only play smash to earn money. I can understand his perspective as he pours so much time and effort into creating that content, he feels it's not being thoroughly enjoyed. But to say that Ultimate was and will not be made with Competitive play in mind at all and for him to openly continue on this path of still trying to push Smash as a party game non competitively is a huge disrespect to the fans and the community. It is not casuals that brought us to where we are today. What does Sakurai even consider a casual and what does he expect from this base he's trying to create? I do not consider myself a casual player in the sense that I try to improve myself with further techniques and skill advancement. With that being said I'm pretty decent in Smash 4 & yet 80% of the time I play players online that are better than me or have much more refined techniques or advanced skills. I would not definitley not consider these players casual either. Which brings me to this point: I believe that casual play is almost a moot point in smash in regards to how Sakurai wants it to be. This is a general statement but it's almost non existent. Quite often have I left "For Glory" to hopefully practice a few different characters in "For Fun" only to be stuck waiting for other players and a majority of the time never resulting in matches. I'm not all over the world, I have no idea what Smash looks like in Japan these days and I'm sure there are locations where casual and for fun are more common but I've never really seen casual play successful imo. After everything Sakurai said, then why host the Smash Invitational and use the Competitive scene to showcase and help sell your product? You want to use the competitive scene but not accept them. I remember Satoru Iwatas words about games needing to be fun first and foremost. Sakurai is trying to live out those words and I'm extremely grateful to the quality he's blessed us with In e this series, but not every video game will be fun to absulutely everyone...

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
- I don't like directional air dodging. I rather be able to do multiple air dodges, even with the stale mechanic, over a very laggy one that moves characters out of their trajectory.

- I'm really fine with having many third party characters, in fact, I hope we get many more.

- I really want more Fire Emblem characters. Heroes, Fates and Warriors introduced me to many fun characters that I would love to play as.

- Sonic, Final Fantasy and Street Fighter are household names, they really should have more than just one character for these franchises.

- The fan reaction to Waluigi is disgusting. They went through the trouble to bring us back every character and Ridley, yet instead of being happy to get those, the fans throw a tantrum over an Assist Trophy.

- I'm fine with F-Zero, Yoshi, Wario, Xenoblade all having one character still.

- I hope the missing AT characters reprise their roles as ATs, I rather keep the number of Echo fighters as low as possible. Isabelle is the exception because she has become a Nintendo Superstar, bigger than several characters (even series) already included on the roster.

- I really hope Shiek isn't high tier, I'm sick of seeing her in competitive matches.

- I hate the "Smash Bros needs more X" argument. Whether it's villains, female characters, retro characters, or whatever group people feel need to be more "represented," the only thing Smash Bros needs is fun and interesting characters. That's not to say we can't or shouldn't want who we want, but it should be for what that individual character can bring and not to check off some sort of list.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

- I hate the "Smash Bros needs more X" argument. Whether it's villains, female characters, retro characters, or whatever group people feel need to be more "represented," the only thing Smash Bros needs is fun and interesting characters. That's not to say we can't or shouldn't want who we want, but it should be for what that individual character can bring and not to check off some sort of list.
THANK. YOU.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
• I don’t need subspace emissary.
(I’ll take it but don’t need)

I just want a solid online mode after a decent start with Smash 4.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I enjoyed speculation for Smash 4 more than actually playing the game.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
There are so many actual Nintendo all-stars that need to get in this game before we start talking about echo fighters for 3rd Party Characters. If you come up with a roster with like 6 new characters and one of them is JEANNE as a Bayonetta echo, I want to give your head a shake. It's like you don't understand what the point of Smash Bros is. The only 3rd party characters that deserve to be in Smash, as far as I'm concerned, are Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Banjo. Snake, Ryu, and Cloud are really pushing it and Bayonetta tips us over into the realm of the absurd. If they wind up adding more than one 3rd party character in this game (with the assumption that Simon Belmont is a done deal) and Banjo and Kazooie aren't part of that, I'll be incredibly disappointed. They're pretty much the lost Nintendo all-star, the kind of character the embodies what Smash is for.

Oddball

Smash Lord
There are so many actual Nintendo all-stars that need to get in this game before we start talking about echo fighters for 3rd Party Characters. If you come up with a roster with like 6 new characters and one of them is JEANNE as a Bayonetta echo, I want to give your head a shake. It's like you don't understand what the point of Smash Bros is. The only 3rd party characters that deserve to be in Smash, as far as I'm concerned, are Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Banjo. Snake, Ryu, and Cloud are really pushing it and Bayonetta tips us over into the realm of the absurd. If they wind up adding more than one 3rd party character in this game (with the assumption that Simon Belmont is a done deal) and Banjo and Kazooie aren't part of that, I'll be incredibly disappointed. They're pretty much the lost Nintendo all-star, the kind of character the embodies what Smash is for.
Basically some people are looking at it like "Who could be Bayonetta's echo," when they should be looking at it like "Does Jeanne need to be in Smash?" and if the answer is yes, then you ask "Could Jeanne be an echo of somebody?".

Start with the character first. THEN figure out if they could be an echo of somebody. We don't need somebody being an echo just so the character gets an echo, otherwise we could fill the entire roster with Ryu echos.

Also, I said this before, but I'd like it somewhere more noticable. Anybody that has ever complained that alternate moves or miis shouldn't be included in Smash tournaments because they're too hard to predict or there would be too much to learn shouldn't be competing in smash tournaments anyway. You want to prove your good at Smash? prove that you can adapt on the fly to new moves and fighting styles, not just that you've memorized a bunch of stuff.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay, I have some unpopular opinions, though to be honest I don't have that many.
- Mach Rider/Excite Biker are probably not getting in. Sakurai dropped Mach Rider from Melee's plan for a reason.

- Isabelle being in Smash Bros. would be just as out-of-character as BOTW Zelda.
- I'm really fine with having many third party characters, in fact, I hope we get many more.
- Sonic, Final Fantasy and Street Fighter are household names, they really should have more than just one character for these franchises.
Agreed on both points.
- I would not be surprised if we ended up with Tails, Shadow, Sephiroth, Tifa, Ken and Chun-Li in SSBU by the end of it's lifetime, whether they are in the Base Roster or DLC

- Speaking of Shadow, he shouldn't be an Echo Fighter, he's more Semi-Clone material.

- I'm not particularly concerned with a series getting 'over-represented', so long as each character brings something new to the table.
Totally and whole-heartedly agreed. See my above point about 'over-representation'.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I totally disagree with Sakurai reason to not include BotW Zelda, i never seen Zelda doing much fighting, at least in the games i’ve played, at least when she’s just herself and not Sheik or being possesed, she mostly assists Link with her magic, that said i love her A Link to the Past design that she’s using in Smash Ultimate.

I feel like they just didn’t want to stray away from her princess look while doing something refreshing, but then again she uses more traditional princess dresses in BotW, two of them in fact, maybe Sakurai just loves the ALttP design, i don’t blame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom