• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash Ultimate Opinions! - Read the OP before Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
I'm very disappointed about the Star KOs/Screen KOs. To me, they're not iconic anymore, no matter how good you make them out to be. So RIP those type of KOs. They'll be missed dearly.

I feel like a toggle or frequency on those type of KOs could've been implemented. I really think it was a missed opportunity for that to be implemented.

I've loved the Star KOs/Screen KOs since "Smash 64", even when playing competitively. I did certain things that involved those type of KOs, even during my match/goal with specific characters I had in mind, ending the match with an intentional Star KO, which was part of my goal back in 2015. And to see them being less iconic now from the first three "Smash" games is just very disappointing. Now I look at them, and there's disappointment. Such a shame.

Now I just want someone to do a full in-depth on EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of the game; the knockback cap, what percentage the character has to be for the Star KO/Screen KO occur, when, where, and what moves to do it with EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER from standing on lowest ground to highest ground, launch speed high or low, stages, five seconds remaining on the clock, Sudden Death, et cetera. Obviously, I can't do that because I don't have a Nintendo Switch. It's going to take a long time for the top KOs in "Ultimate" to sink into my mind after "Smash 64" and "Melee". Maybe by determination, I'll probably be able to look past those top KOs in matches. But right now, I'm not ready to sacrifice my love for those type of KOs, and I don't know if I ever will be. Sacrificing certain things can be very difficult, depending on who you are, especially if you love seeing and doing what you've been doing for years.

Maybe in the future, they'll be some kind of update where a toggle or frequency on those type of KOs is implemented. I highly doubt it, though. If it was possible, I wish they would've implemented one of those two in the final game.

Those who loved those type of KOs since "Smash 64" are at the mercy of Bandai Namco/Nintendo adding that feature in some kind of update. Could be years before an Action Replay code of it is made, if that's even a thing now. Otherwise, they (myself included) can all cry about it for eternity.

What I really want to know is why exactly was it done that way after the first three "Smash" games? And I don't just mean from competitive players, I mean from the developers too. At least give me an explanation on that, please. I just want to know. And please be kind about it.

----------

Oh, and those crowd cheers... I can't believe they reused those from "Smash 4". RIP to those too. They'll never be the same again.

EXCLUDING "Brawl", the crowd cheers in "Smash 64" still remain uncontested to this day. The crowd cheers in "Melee" aren't very good, but at least they're easy to understand what they're saying compared to the ones in "Ultimate".

Last edited:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Im going to give an opinion that will propably make Waluigi fans mad. Id be happy if Nintendo removed Waluigi and added a new partner for Wario instead. A character DESIGNED by Nintendo themselves. Luigi needs an anti-Luigi.
I understand that Waluigi is designed to look like Luigi in an insane way but honestly, id rather see Warios partner as a tall MUSCULAR guy with a downward L like Nappa and a shirt with the arms out and visible. And also with a Superman cheek.
When did they remove Waluigi ?

Mooer

Smash Cadet
I can't stand balloon knockback. I think it's confusing for no reason, object don't work like that. More regular trajectories would be much more enjoyable to play with and easier to understand.

The biggest problem with the game imo is move buffering. I'm holding down Jump and Attack simultaneously during a down throw to frame perfect fair then I'm holding down another input to have come out the second I land because landing lag is so low. The Jump + Attack shortcut makes manually short hopping an aerial mostly irrelevant and too slow. The game plays out quickly on screen, but the inputs feel slow.

Also, the input lag is meh. I think it's unnecessary and I'm struggling trying to understand the justification for its inclusion.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Here are some opinions, unpopular or otherwise:

It takes little effort to design a human character. Fighters like King K. Rool. and Ridley take way more effort and creativity to make than fighters like Chrom or the Belmonts.

It's way too early for people to be designing tier lists, and I feel like many fighters are out of place.
  • Chrom is overrated in my opinion. He gets gimped by any fighter with a half decent recovery or aerial move/projectile. Which is everyone except Little Mac.
  • I feel like most people are also sleeping on the "low tiers." They're simply playing them once or twice before calling it a day. Smash has been out for less than two weeks, it's way too early to suddenly decide that a fighter is bad or not. No one has the data, matchup results, tournament wins, etc. to make any claims.
Saying "X is broken, please nerf" is stupid. The game just came out. So far there's no fighter who has an absolutely impenetrable gameplay like Brawl Meta Knight or Smash 4 vanilla Bayo.
  • King K. Rool doesn't have any advantages that other fighters don't have. It's easy to get around him. He's a noob killer like Melee Link, Brawl Ike and Smash 4 Greninja.
  • Whilst the Belmonts are certainly really annoying to play against, their projectile spammy style isn't impossible to beat either. Although I will say that projectile spam in any form is incredibly annoying.
  • Incineroar isn't broken, he's pretty bad if I do say so myself. I'm not sure what GameXPlain was trying to say with that video of theirs.
I cannot for the love of my endorse Isaac. I don't see any reason why he should be in Smash. A sword wielding human with spiky yellow hair from a dead franchise that hasn't seen the light of day in over a dozen years. The only thing he'd bring to Smash that we don't already have is his earth magic, but chances are they'll just blow it like they did with Robin's tomes. But even that doesn't make up for how obscure and bland he is.

For those same reasons I can't endorse Geno either. He's a side character from a game that's two decades old and isn't even owned by Nintendo. Nobody who hasn't either played SMRPG or has been a diehard member of the Smash fanbase knows ho Geno is (yes, I know people who play Smash a ton and barely know any detail about SMRPG).

And again, for those reasons, I can't endorse Shantae. The term "Nintendo all-star" should never apply to a third party character from three games. I don't see any reasoning behind why she should be in Smash.

There isn't any offensive religious symbolism behind the Belmonts. I have no clue where that stupid idea is coming from.

"X should be in Smash because they'r popular" doesn't hold any ground. If every popular character became a fighter, we'd easily have over 200 fighters and suddenly everyone would be complaining about there being too many fighters and way too many clones/irrelevant fighters. Fighters should have some sort of decent merit and provide something that Smash doesn't already have.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Here are some opinions, unpopular or otherwise:

It takes little effort to design a human character. Fighters like King K. Rool. and Ridley take way more effort and creativity to make than fighters like Chrom or the Belmonts.
I mean, I'm not sure anyone disagrees with this, it's kind of hard to argue. That's likely the reason why we have so many humanshape people--you can use Marth or someone as a base and go from there. But K Rool and Ridley don't really look similar enough to anyone to do that. Not that I have any idea how game development works, this is just conjecture.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
... Almost all Smash characters are existing properties with assets available for the developers. It doesn't matter how difficult designing a human character is compared to a nonhuman character, because the Smash team didn't design them.

Browny

Smash Hater
I can't stand balloon knockback. I think it's confusing for no reason, object don't work like that. More regular trajectories would be much more enjoyable to play with and easier to understand.

The biggest problem with the game imo is move buffering. I'm holding down Jump and Attack simultaneously during a down throw to frame perfect fair then I'm holding down another input to have come out the second I land because landing lag is so low. The Jump + Attack shortcut makes manually short hopping an aerial mostly irrelevant and too slow. The game plays out quickly on screen, but the inputs feel slow.

Also, the input lag is meh. I think it's unnecessary and I'm struggling trying to understand the justification for its inclusion.
Ballooning knockback absolutely does make sense though, characters aren't smooth, aerodynamic lumps travelling through the air. Trajectories are more realistic than ever.

I still think its a bad choice for a video game though, but it does make sense just like how you can no longer run directly through people anymore. Unusual for smash, but a logical decision.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
- Lucina and Chrom are less deserving of their slots than Corrin.
- While I completely side with the idea of echo fighters, most echo fighters chosen didn't deserve a spot. Imo the only ones who should stay in are Dark Samus and Ken.
- Main characters of Nintendo franchises shouldn't always get priority over third party picks.
- Pokemon is more severely misrepresented than Fire Emblem and Legend of Zelda.
- On the subject of Pokemon, Pokemon Trainer is someone that didn't deserve a spot (he'd over represent Kanto), but now that we have him, he's like a leech that we just can't and shouldn't get rid of.
- Also, if Jigglypuff wasn't in the original 12, more people would vouch for his removal. I'm one of those who want him out.
- Not saying he should, per se, but if Steve was selected as DLC, he deserves it.
- I love Splatoon, but Moray Towers is completely unfun to play on. Camp Triggerfish would've been way cooler.
- Saffron City is a very boring stage.
- Toon Link >>>>> Young Link in every aspect
- Daisy should be demoted to an assist trophy; she's only ever appeared in one mainline title afaik and has just been shoehorned in every game. Pauline is more worthy of a spot.
- Waluigi and Shadow should forever be assist trophies (unless Waluigi gets a prominent role in a future WarioWare game).

Last edited:
NNID
Marsalis
Switch FC
SW-5740-6547-7308
Opening Smash Bros up to other universes not simply video games I think would give this game timeless value. Imagine if Anime, Cartoon, or popular pop culture Icons like Mikey Mouse were possible. *secretly hoping for Goku, and Aang to show up*

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Oof, that's a spicy hot take.

Maybe it's just me fixating more on the negative than positive but I seem to have the unpopular opinion that K Rool as a character is fine where he is. He's good yeah but not OP, most people complaining just don't know how to deal with his options and are quick to yell "OP Sakurai pls nerf!" instead of actually figuring out how to deal with it. You can't dunk him easily so just keep the big boy away from the stage with body shots, he's got a bunch of super armor but if you break it then you got yourself a free fsmash or whatever punish you want. Plus spot-dodging and spacing is a thing so you can take advantage of that end-lag on his thick moves

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
- On the subject of Pokemon, Pokemon Trainer is someone that didn't deserve a spot (he'd over represent Kanto), but now that we have him, he's like a leech that we just can't and shouldn't get rid of.
I almost fully agree with you on this, except for the "can't and shouldn't get rid of" part.

Nintendo did it once in Smash 4. They can do it again.

and Aang to show up
10-year-old me demands that I thank this post.

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
To say "We shouldn't have any more Mother characters because the series is dead" is a horrible argument to make. Characters should not be made for the sake of representation. If a Mother character like The Masked Man is interesting for the developers to make and fun for the game, they should make it. How many reps one series has is irrelevant when compared to the fun that a new character brings.

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
- Still, we need Waluigi, as I said before. But it's not really unpopular anymore, isn't it?

- Cloud should be cut if SE is gonna be so stingy.

- Ness needs a new recovery

- Bayonetta should be cut

- Corrin is good and should keep staying.

- Mega Man's FS should of been Astro Crush.One of the MMs can be an AT/PC. Rooting for either X or Volnutt.

- Pikachu is OVERPOWERED throughout Smash history.

- Unpopular wishlist: Don chan, Morgana (Persona5), Ninten, Amy Rose, and Rover

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
- I think that Waluigi should be in the game to balance Mario-Luigi Wario-Waluigi. Maybe an echo fighter of Luigi to not put too much time on him. Waluigi is recognised in Odyssey so he is canon now.

- Wario should be redesigned to have the moves of Wario Land and Wario World.

- Akuma and Heihachi Michima deserves to be in the roster.

- Corrin and Robin should be replaced by Pokemons.

- Wario should have more palette swaps, 8 for biker and 8 for regular.

- Wool Yoshi needs more palette swaps and be more wool like.

- Another Kirby character deserves a roster spot.

- Kirby should get some garn palette swaps.

- Kirbys B after sucking someone and copying it should be rebalanced to either have B or side- B attacks. This is a problem ive had since Melee.

- Lucina should be a palette swap of Marth.

- Dark Pit should be a palette swap of Pit.

- Duck Hunt Duo palette swaps should be different kind of dogs.

- ROB should be removed from the roster.

- Pokefloat should come back.

- Many trophies should be nerfed as they ruin single player mode.

- I dont know if this is possible but i dont like how the roster is atm. Its basically from N64 to Switch, id rather have all Mario characters together, FE characters together etc.

I dont know if these are unpopular opinions but:

- Sakurais new adventure mode is very fun. Keep up the good work.

- Thank you Sakurai for adding so much content for this game and not giving up yet.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Lifelight is a lame song, it’s boring and overrated.
Really, why ? English isn't my first language but I find Lifelight's lyrics pretty stylish. The singer's voice is great, and the instrumental is cool. Where is the problem (I ask you because I've seen many people say that too, and I don't understand. Don't take it wrong please) ?

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
- I think that Waluigi should be in the game to balance Mario-Luigi Wario-Waluigi. Maybe an echo fighter of Luigi to not put too much time on him. Waluigi is recognised in Odyssey so he is canon now.

- Wario should be redesigned to have the moves of Wario Land and Wario World.

- Akuma and Heihachi Michima deserves to be in the roster.

- Wario should have more palette swaps, 8 for biker and 8 for regular.

- Wool Yoshi needs more palette swaps and be more wool like.

- Another Kirby character deserves a roster spot.

- Kirby should get some garn palette swaps.

- Kirbys B after sucking someone and copying it should be rebalanced to either have B or side- B attacks. This is a problem ive had since Melee.

- Lucina should be a palette swap of Marth.

- Dark Pit should be a palette swap of Pit.

- Duck Hunt Duo palette swaps should be different kind of dogs.

- ROB should be removed from the roster.

- Pokefloat should come back.

- Many trophies should be nerfed as they ruin single player mode.

- I dont know if this is possible but i dont like how the roster is atm. Its basically from N64 to Switch, id rather have all Mario characters together, FE characters together etc.

I dont know if these are unpopular opinions but:

- Sakurais new adventure mode is very fun. Keep up the good work.

- Thank you Sakurai for adding so much content for this game and not giving up yet.
But R.O.B is fun ;( ...

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
- Lucina and Chrom are less deserving of their slots than Corrin.
- While I completely side with the idea of echo fighters, most echo fighters chosen didn't deserve a spot. Imo the only ones who should stay in are Dark Samus and Ken.
- Main characters of Nintendo franchises shouldn't always get priority over third party picks.
- Also, if Jigglypuff wasn't in the original 12, more people would vouch for his removal. I'm one of those who want him out.
- Not saying he should, per se, but if Steve was selected as DLC, he deserves it.
- I love Splatoon, but Moray Towers is completely unfun to play on. Camp Triggerfish would've been way cooler.
- Saffron City is a very boring stage.
- Toon Link >>>>> Young Link in every aspect
- Daisy should be demoted to an assist trophy; she's only ever appeared in one mainline title afaik and has just been shoehorned in every game. Pauline is more worthy of a spot.
- Waluigi and Shadow should forever be assist trophies (unless Waluigi gets a prominent role in a future WarioWare game).
Just about all of this I can agree on except for the third party one.
Pokemon is seriously misrepresented. The focus on Gens 1 and 2 is crazy.
Jigglypuff should have been removed in Brawl like planned.
Lucina and Chrom (and Roy) should all be removed if they're not going to be anything more than Marth clones. Echo fighters should just be for interesting characters that didn't have the resources to be unique fighters.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Really, why ? English isn't my first language but I find Lifelight's lyrics pretty stylish. The singer's voice is great, and the instrumental is cool. Where is the problem (I ask you because I've seen many people say that too, and I don't understand. Don't take it wrong please) ?
Japanese version has better vocals?

This is faulty logic. Cutting two veterans won't grant you time and resources to make two newcomers.

Lucina and Chrom (and Roy) should all be removed if they're not going to be anything more than Marth clones. Echo fighters should just be for interesting characters that didn't have the resources to be unique fighters.
But all echoes are just clones.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
- Still, we need Waluigi, as I said before. But it's not really unpopular anymore, isn't it?
I don't necessarily think we need Waluigi, but I do believe he wouldn't be a terrible idea. I like the notion of him filling a missing spot in the personalities of Mario's 4 main men in overalls. Without Waluigi, the comical side of the Mario cast is missing. But Waluigi is only just as important to Mario as Daisy is (which is to say not really), so I don't have a problem if he's not in.

Mike Arcade

Smash Rookie
Unpopular Opinions, I gotta say for some strange reason this topic appeals to me. Maybe it's because it allows me to put down some general thoughts I have for Ultimate as I'm unsure if they're really suitable for other topics. In any case I've got quite a few interesting ones to say the least.

- I find it both clever and hilarious that Chrom is Roy's Echo, however I do feel that Lucina should have been developed as her own character instead of an Echo to Marth. That way Chrom could be her daughter's Echo, then both Marth and Roy could have Echos of other FE Characters who may not have a chance to be playable otherwise. Say that Marth's Echo would then be Sigurd, Seliph, or Eirika instead while Roy's Echo would be Leif, Eliwood (His Father), or Alm. I haven't played any of the FE Games before myself, but I know this would be great for long time fans.

- I honestly don't mind more FE Characters, although I would like for them to have much more unique movesets and/or weapons. It started with Ike somewhat, but Robin and Corrin are so a step in the right direction.

- I love Echo Fighters, they're a great way to add in more characters with little development and who may not have a chance to be in otherwise for a variety of reasons. My only grips regarding them is that a lot of them don't have enough technical differences such as certain moves being stronger and weaker than their base counterparts and that there aren't more of them (Daisy and Richter being guilty of this). I'd personally love to have Dark Meta Knight, Ms. Pac-Man, and Zack Fair as Echo Fighters. Either way I'm happy with their addition and wouldn't mind if we had some for DLC (albeit with the Fighter Pack, for Free, or for a reasonable discount).

- While Cloud's inclusion for Smash 4 was really awesome, he would not have been my first choice for a FF Rep. Mine would have been almost anyone from the NES and SNES Era (Firion, Cecil, Bartz, especially Terra) or a generic Light Warrior who could change Classes or switch out and summon a different character similar to how Pokemon Trainer swaps out Pokemon. I'm still glad we got Cloud in Smash though.

- If we get another FF Rep or Dragon Quest character in and we don't get Geno, I wouldn't mind too much. I do think Geno would be a great addition and I'd be so hype for it, but at this point it's a 50/50 chance at this rate. :/

- I don't mind Waluigi isn't a playable character, I'm just not sure at this point if he'd have a good enough moveset. Maybe if he ends up in a mainline Mario or Wario game. Don't get me wrong it'd be cool to have him in, but I'd never lose sleep over it.

- To follow up from the last line, there are SO many more Assist Trophies that'd deserve a character slot over Waluigi. Lyn, Isaac, Krystal, Ray mk.III, Takamaru, Sukapon, and Bomberman all come in mind regarding characters I would have loved to play as much more. Yes a lot of them are obscure but in a similar vain as to why people want Geno in, they're all really good choices in part because of that. There's always next time though, whenever that is. Besides several of them have been made playable in fan games and mods with some really good movesets over time so that always helps out. :)

- Sonic should have his Side B changed and his Down Air changed to his spike from Sonic Battle/Project M, I mean otherwise Sonic has a pretty good moveset.

- I don't mind Shadow isn't playable, if anything though he should be an Echo. Regarding a full character slot other characters from the series deserve it more like Tails, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, or Blaze. But again a lot of fan games and mods scratch that itch for me so I don't mind if we don't get other Sonic characters in Smash at all. This coming from a fan of the Series mind you. XD

- I may be completely insane, but looking at the roster there is only one character that is truly missing from Ultimate. I am of course referring to...

CAPTAIN N

...no seriously, we have just about every game character from that show in here. He'd be an interesting and unexpected pick, although Piranha Plant is a good substitute.

And with that I think I'm tapped out here. Hope you guys find my list interesting and let me know what you think.

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
- I like World of Light.

- I felt like Sm4sh Cloud was the best Cloud could be. Ultimate Cloud feels terrible.

- Mascots should be up next or first up if they're more popular than the main characters. (eg: Morgana over Joker)

- Mr. Game and Watch's hammer is useless thanks to no down throw comboing.

- I feel like Pichu shouldn't really hurt himself so much. Maybe during one or two moves. I don't remember if Pichu actually hurt himself through all electric attacks in Pokemon or not though.

- Mario should be happy, not PO'ed.

- Luigi's new throw is fine

- We have too many gen 1 pokemon. Cut Pkmn trainer, and Mewtwo/Jigglypuff and we will be fine.

osby

Smash Obsessed
- I feel like Pichu shouldn't really hurt himself so much. Maybe during one or two moves. I don't remember if Pichu actually hurt himself through all electric attacks in Pokemon or not though.
Smash is almost never loyal to source material 100%. Plus, the damage isn't that high.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
-I would like to have more western chars, but at the same time I dont like the idea of Steve from Minecraft to get in, maybe as a mii costume and call it a day.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Oof, that's the spiciest dish at the buffet! You're taking this thread's theme seriously.

I don't disagree tho
I think there aren't enough sword characters.

(.......Pyra and Mythra for dlc please)

-I would like to have more western chars, but at the same time I dont like the idea of Steve from Minecraft to get in, maybe as a mii costume and call it a day.
I've realised what my biggest issue is with Steve if he were to get in - art style. I don't know why, considering we have G&W who is basically a 2D cardboard cut-out, but I begrudge the thought of paying for a blocky, pixelated and poorly animated model. At least G&W has personality and references in his animations

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oof, that's the spiciest dish at the buffet! You're taking this thread's theme seriously.

I don't disagree tho
It's an unpopular opinion, though. Just because Fire Emblem haters' circlejerks exist, doesn't mean a majority of fans think one of the oldest series of Nintendo has no place in Smash.

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I think there aren't enough sword characters.

(.......Pyra and Mythra for dlc please)
I like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but even I don't like Pyra and Mythra. I'd love to have pretty much anyone else from that game, but not those two.

Eh, I guess but it's really crippling Pichu, honestly. That down b recoil is horrible
That's the point of Pichu. She's not supposed to be good. If anything Pichu is way too good, which takes away all the satisfaction of winning with her.

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
One more and I'll be done

- I don't care much for popularly requested characters (aside from a few like Dee, Waluigi, Geno, and Isaac). If they get in then I wouldn't really care and probably would of expected it because they were probably high in the ballot and I keep hearing them 24/7.

- I have a feeling Sakurai thinks Ness is Ninten......

- We should of gotten Terra/Bartz instead of Cloud, tbh. Cloud brings nothing new to the table but Bartz can be literally every weapon user you can think of in one sitting with a toss of magic and Kirbyism.

- More Namco! More Namco! More Namco! But no Heihacheese.

- Kirby is overpowered. (But not as much as Pikachu)

- Akuma > Ken

- Mega Man feels very clunky to use. Maybe if we had X instead....

- The roster could use a huge makeover. I mean, come on. 3 links, 2 pits, 2 samuses, and 7 Marths?

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
I like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but even I don't like Pyra and Mythra. I'd love to have pretty much anyone else from that game, but not those two.

That's the point of Pichu. She's not supposed to be good. If anything Pichu is way too good, which takes away all the satisfaction of winning with her.
I feel like it's better to just cut a bad character rather than keep them in. I like Pichu's buffs and it makes up for the self damage. Please don't make Pichu trash. I love Pichu.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Just about all of this I can agree on except for the third party one.
Yeah, this was definitely unpopular, but I feel like if Smash is a game of icons, the main character of some random game years ago with little fanservice is far less deserving than a character who may be third party, but has shaped gaming history/is more prominent or relevant in modern gaming/has a lot of fanservice.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultpit::ultroy: both outshine every other character when it comes to star ko screams

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD

I love Pyra and Mythra - probably an unpopular opinion in itself! That being said, I'd have Morag in the game.

Honestly for Pichu, I would just have it cause more damage to itself at this point. That way, the character is still playable, but there's still a huge risk and satisfaction.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Are we doing more hot takes now? Well then:

-Mega Man's moveset feels very lovingly crafted and people only complain because they can't be bothered to learn him.
-Waluigi, Lyn, and Shadow all deserve promotions next game, their fans have been kicked in the face long enough.
-Tails would not make sense as a Sonic Echo and should be a semi-clone akin to Isabelle.
-Roy is supremely overrated.
-World of Light is way too long for what it is.
-Echo Fighters feel like a lot of wasted opportunity and is something Nintendo really needs to bank on (though since Shadow is probably out I kind of wonder what the point is now personally).
-Assist Trophies are way too powerful now.
-The RNG in Smash needs to be cut or toned down severely. In Smash 4 you were constantly getting the same rewards over and over again, while in Ultimate I've counted at least six times I unfairly lost a match because of a hazardous item spawning directly on top of me in a situation where I couldn't react.
-Several stages need to be axed. Yoshi's Island Melee, 75m, Green Greens, Skyworld, all need to go. Stages like those are completely unfun to play on.
-Metroid Prime series needs more love in Smash, starting with a new stage for both Prime 2 and 3 and a boatload more music. Do not keep shoving Other M in our faces just because it was Japanese-developed.
-The balance is skewed and the devs need to try to make things a little more consistent among the cast. Characters like Ridley and Wolf can have an absolutely miserable time recovering while Isabelle gets two virtually free options.
-Speaking of Isabelle, she feels very much like a corporate pick and should not have been promoted over so many other characters who have been aroound longer and done more than her.
-Any game character is viable whether you like it or not.

Last edited:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
- Kirby is overpowered. (But not as much as Pikachu)

- The roster could use a huge makeover. I mean, come on. 3 links, 2 pits, 2 samuses, and 7 Marths?
How is Kirby overpowered and when did we have 7 Marths ? I mean, Ike play differently than Marth, like Robin and Corrin. Robin is completely different from the others FE characters !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom