• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I have to agree about Reggie. Memetic bada**ery aside, what can he do? Easily the worst idea for a newcomer.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-I would like Anthony Higgs XD
-I don't want a FE newcomer.
-I hate retro characters.
-I think 2 DK newcomers are pretty impossible.
-I think Bandana Dee is extremely likely.
-The only reason I would like K.Rool in Smash is because that probably would mean more classic DK music like Crocodile Cacophony, but I don't care about the character.
-If Pikachu doesn't have Iron Tail this time, I would be dissapointed.
-I don't like Kirby's moveset, it is so generic for a character with that potential.
-Jigglypuff looks better in Melee than in Brawl XD
-I don't like Pokemon Trainer and I think he will not return.
-I loved Pichu in Melee.
-I would like Krystal, but I would accept her only after a Kirby, DK and Metroid newcomer.
-Mewtwo needs a new moveset, tail attacks are ridiculous.
-I love Wario Ware, but I didn't like Wario in Brawl, he needs Wario Land moves...and a decent running animation.
-Meta Knight needs a lot of nerfs, BUT buffs in other attacks too.
-I would like Baby Mario in Yoshi's back, that would be much more iconic IMO.
-Roy = Pichu = Dr. Mario = Young Link.
-Melee Fox is incredibly ugly, Brawl Fox looks much better, same with Falco and Ganondorf.
-I like Wii Fit Trainer, but Villager...not so much.
-All the stages look like a big Final Destination/Battlefield, and I love it.
-I would like Toad or Bowser Jr.
-Waluigi never had a chance and I'm very surprised with the reactions of some people.
-I hope the release date is in December.
-I hope all the unlockable characters are incredibly hard to unlock (Not like Ness in Brawl, play 5 matches? Wat?!)
-I like Brawl Plus more than Project M.
-Pikmins look pretty bad in the Wii U version, they need some work.
-Charizard needs to be bigger if he is in this game XD
-I think the 3DS version is a mistake :/
-I will be dissapointed if the characters's voice clips are the same than in Brawl.
-I don't care so much about the items.
-Bomberman > Snake.
-I don't like Pikachu's face, he needs to look more angry, same with Kirby.

TA-DA!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let's give this a go again.

-Bandana Waddle Dee would actually be a pretty cool character, and if Kirby is going to get any newcomers, it's going to be him
-Mario does not need more representation. I don't care if it's Nintendos flagship franchise, 5 characters is enough
-Krystal would be a horrible addition
-I think Pac-Man would make for a good character
-I don't really care for K. Rool or Ridley, but I think I've said this before anyway
-I'm happy that Toon Link is back.

R0Y

Smash Master
Warning Received
Smash 4 won't be half as good as PM.

You can tell anyone arguing against snake's inclusion is a scrub. He's one of the better designed characters in Vbrawl.

L cancel is a good mechanic.

Because you don't agree with him doesn't mean you have to mock him with a dumb meme.

-I don't care about Ridley, King K Rool, Krystal, Bandana Thing, or any character people request out of need for nostalgic value or achieve their dream of playing super fan fiction bros.
-People should learn to stop expecting characters and learning how to like what you get; it sounds incredibly selfish and childish that you would let an inclusion / lack thereof control your emotions and better judgement.
-Snake and Wii Fit Trainer are arguably 2 of the most brilliant additions to smash because they are so unexpected, yet fit right in with a brilliant design that pays homag to their game and character.
-Anyone who compares Snake to a generic Call of Duty soldier is a fan boy and knows nothing of either franchises.
-No Smash Bros. game will be as fun as Melee
-Marth was an amazing addition to Smash for franchising reasons. He was also designed brilliantly
-Marth will never be a bad due to his design; he is the Chun-Li of smash bros.
-Fox, Falco and Wolf are the perfect characters to rep the Star Fox series. We really don't need any more
-Same applies to the Zelda characters; they're perfect. It's the Triforce of power. We don't need Ghirawhatever the **** his name is, he's lame.
-Speaking of Star Fox, I think General Pepper would be a bad ass character, or atleast an assist trophy
-Additional tech skill will never hinder smash, it can only help it
-I like every character in smash bros
-People who expect the characters they like are selfish and will cling to any piece of information to believe their grand delusions hold ground.
-Waluigi is a great character...in Mario Tennis.
-Zero Suit Samus was a brilliant answer to the lack of Metroid reps
-Meta Knight is an awesome character
-Melee tether recoveries need to return
-Character momentum will be a huge factor in the competitive value of smash 4
-Megaman X>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Megaman
-Zero would be an awesome character for this game.
-The only good reason to buy a Wii U would be for smash 4 and Zelda.
-The Wii U in general is a terrible idea with terrible execution and terrible marketing; it will not succeed.
-If Smash 4 wasn't releasing for Wii U I would not buy one.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
My turn!

-I don't really care about Shulk. Heck, if anything, he has just as good as a chance Pac-Man has.
-The only reason I support a Hoenn Trainer is the possible chance of Mudkip (or, at least a relative).
-I'm very disappointed they took out the "New Age Retro Hippie" track in Brawl.
-I believe Brawl is a great, albeit flawed game.
-I'd main Pokemon Trainer if it wasn't for their gimmicks.
-I plan on exclusively getting the 3DS version (don't have a Wii U).
-I can't use Ness (or Lucas) for the life of me in Brawl.
-I actually like 75M and Mario Bros. Mostly for their retro factor though...
-I enjoy unlocking the characters. And hope that unlocking will be like how Melee did it.
-I prefer Dr. Mario over Rosalina.
-And that said, I hope Dr. Mario returns. I understand it's unlikely, but a man can dream can't they? ;)
-I'd like Melee's Target Test back.
-I'll probably one of the few that their first Smash game was on an emulator (well, not yet. I still have to get it, just don't have the right computer right now).
-I kinda want Pichu (I feel that it would be hilarious).
-I don't care about Ridley or K. Rool. But I'd gladly support Balloon Fighter.
-I think the Palutena leak is just a really good fake.
-I never knew who most of the cast was in Melee (I was a stupid kid).
-I never actually used the shield button until a flash game (SSF2 to be specific).
-My favorite stage is Big Blue, not Flat Zone.
-I fully support a deeper Stage Builder.
-I'd like a character creation option. But I don't like customizable Miis.
-If somehow Project M becomes a more relevant competitive game than Smash 4. I'd lose all hope in the fanbase.
-I never cared about Smash until 2012.
-I'd rather eat my own shoes than have Yoshi team up with Baby Mario.
-I hate the idea of Rosalina. But I admire her moveset.
-As much as I could care less about Ridley. I hate the "too big" argument.
-I'd love the ability for custom music. But I know it'll never happen.
-I honestly don't see myself being any good at tournaments. I believe my strength is knowledge.
-I might be the only one. But I suck with MK.
-I really hope for a demo at the next E3.

-Waluigi is a great character...in Mario Tennis.
To be fair, them flashy eyes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-I don't really care about Shulk. Heck, if anything, he has just as good as a chance Pac-Man has (he's technically third-party. Square Enix owns him).
While I do respect your opinion on Shulk, what I've bolded is not true. Monolith Soft, the creators of Xenoblade Chronicles and Shulk, is a first party company to Nintendo. Therefore, Shulk is a first party character and the rights to use him in Smash can easily be obtained.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
My turn!

-I don't really care about Shulk. Heck, if anything, he has just as good as a chance Pac-Man has (he's technically third-party. Square Enix owns him).
Shulk is owned by monolith soft, which is now a subsidiary of nintendo.
"Nintendo owned controlling interest in the company after Namco Bandai sold 80% of its 96% stake in Monolith Soft to Nintendo. This went into effect May 1, 2007"
(this is pretty interesting, Bandai owned monolith, and now they're helping nintendo with sm4sh, while they still apparently have a 13 ish % stake in monolith)

Monolith's Kyoto division has been known to help work on some of nintendo's recent games like skyward sword, animal crossing and pikmin 3.

I do respect your opinion, but shulk is not a 3rd party character by any means.

Edit: ninja'd by the monado

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Shulk is owned by monolith soft, which is now a subsidiary of nintendo.
"Nintendo owned controlling interest in the company after Namco Bandai sold 80% of its 96% stake in Monolith Soft to Nintendo. This went into effect May 1, 2007"
Monolith's Kyoto division has been known to help work on some of nintendo's recent games like skyward sword, animal crossing and pikmin 3.

I do respect your opinion, but shulk is not a 3rd party character by any means.

Edit: ninja'd by the monado
Ah. Didn't know that...
Well, I edited my post then...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll give this another go…

-I think that the competitive community will still be strong with Melee and Project M after SSB4's release. Brawl's competitive scene will probably die out when SSB4 is released.

-I am more focused on veterans than newcomers right now. While I would love see a character like Shulk get confirmed soon, I rather see obvious veterans get confirmed soon as well (Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Ness, Falco, Ganondorf, Mr. Game & Watch, Meta Knight, and Wario). I don't think that they will get cut, but I rather not suffer through another Mewtwo where we have a character that shouldn't be cut get cut. I also think that Wolf was a fantastic inclusion, but I would understand if he got cut.

-I am open to some cuts. If Lucas, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., and the Pokemon Trainer got cut, I wouldn't care. In fact, I am open to the PT getting cut if it means to free development time and resources.

-Wario's moveset in Brawl made it clear that Sakurai never played a Wario Land game. I find that it was OK in Brawl, but he desperately needs Wario Land moves. It's depressing to see a major part of Wario not get represented as much. Sadly… I don't think that Wario will even get those moves in SSB4.

-I don't care for Stage Builder. Even if the mode got improvements, I still wouldn't care. It was a boring and bland mode that serves no purpose to me. The most useful thing that it has done for me now is to have access to Project M on my hackless Wii.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Miis are totally happening whether we like it or not.

I desperately want Pokemon Trainer back. He was so incredibly fun. The "Let's cut him so we don't have to waste so much time on him" excuse is biased and terribly flawed. He's a veteran so he wouldn't take that much time. Furthermore, the same could be said about any character really.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm going to use this opportunity to express my extreme hatred for the idea of this character becoming playable.

Actually maybe I shouldn't since I'd be typing for at least an hour. >.>
I also don't really understand the hatred for them.

Are they very exciting? Not really. But hatred?

Never got that.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
-) People expecting more than 12 new comers (counting the already shown) are delusional and should get their hopes a little more in the ground.

-) I´m expecting:
Miis
Pac-Man
Palutena
Ridley
Chrom
Ghirahim
Takamaru

As the last new comers to be announced and see the forum in tears because Shulk, King K. Rool, Isaac, Dixie, Krystal, Bandana Dee, Toad, Lip, Robin, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Hades, Medusa, Toon Zelda are not added even if they were highly requested for this Smash.

.n_n.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

Never got that.
It's not necessarily Mii's themselves, but what they represent (the casual market).

Nothing wrong with the casual gamers per say, I just can't stand the effect they've had on the video game industry as a whole recently.

But like I said that's an entirely different convo that would likely derail the thread so I'll just keep my mouth shut on that one. xD

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Dude, how is this an unpopular opinion when 90% of Smashboards agrees with you?

Also, the only thing I have to say is that a part of me will die if Miis are playable.
Yesterday everybody was like: OMG the Bumpers, yeah! XD
And also...like the 90% of Smashboards hates Miis.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

Never got that.
The hate probably because they aren't exciting. Miis are just generic blank dolls that have nothing to bring to Smash 4. Wii Fit Trainer already represents the "Wii" series and for the "Avatar" type character, Villager already has it handled (kinda).
Plus there's the problems for allowing custom Miis. If they are customizable, then you bet there's gonna be a lot of obscene faces online. And if they aren't then there's really no point for them to be there then. Probably not the best debate about it but that's all I'll say.
Miis, Reggie *cough*and Pacman*couch* are probably the worst characters to add.

And more random opinions just for fun:
- I mostly dislike K.Rool cuz of his design. I mean, he's just all grossly goofy looking. Fix your damn eyes! I don't get the appeal.
- It should be noted that I strongly support Bandana Dee but am strongly against Toad (who never really had a chance). That seem a little odd to you?
- Windy Hill is a huge disappointment for a Sonic series stage. Chemical Plant or Planet Wisp would've been better. Besides, the hype for Lost World has pretty much died down anyways.
- Who's to say we're even getting another 3rd party character anyways? Megaman, Sonic, and possibly returning Snake are just fine really.
- Shulk should not only represent Xenoblade Chronicles, but the whole Operation Rainfall movement. That's Nintendo history, right?
- I'm not that big of a Metroid fan so I see no problem in Ridley being sized down. I have a Ridley model hack for Charizard on Project M and it looks just fine.
- There needs to be a new Ice Climbers game. Seriously Nintendo, get on that!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
- I support almost any popular character, even Krystal or Cranky Kong, as long as they are fun.

- Except Mii and Pacman. I will scream with hatred if they get in.

- I think Villager strongly hurts Mii's chances.

- Many characters popular on Smashboards, i.e. Takamaru, Shulk, Palutena, are less likely than choices unpopular here, like Krystal, Chrom...

- I think representing long-running established franchises should be prioritized over including many small ones. Small franchises should get representation through content other than stages and characters.

- I hate bumpers. They are overpowered, don't represent anything, and take the place of the Flipper, which represents a good game, Balloon Fight, and is a way more fun item.

- Stage Builder needs to return with way more options. More hazards, platforms, that kind of stuff. Back elements too. (This is where Bumpers should be used, not as an item!)

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
-Zero would be an awesome character for this game.
Which Zero?

This one?

or this cooler one?

Or perhaps it is a completely different Zero like

Or are we talking bout the number

As for unpopular opinions. Ermmm ones I haven't stated yet. Hrmmmmm.

The only reason I support Ridley is because he is a dragon. Smash needs more dragons. Especially since Charizard is just a dragon wannabe when not in Mega X form.
With that said. I would also be fine with Spyro, Tiki, any other manakete (or dragon Laguz), Tamagon, and/or any other dragons.
I think most of the newcomers should be retro characters.
But that most likely won't happen, but we should at least get 4 with
Lip is my most wanted Retro
I honestly don't want Shulk unless we get Zael and Aeron to go with them. As they form a trilogy to me, even if they don't else where.

That's all I got at the moment.

Which Zero?

This one?

or this cooler one?

Or perhaps it is a completely different Zero like

Or are we talking bout the number

As for unpopular opinions. Ermmm ones I haven't stated yet. Hrmmmmm.

The only reason I support Ridley is because he is a dragon. Smash needs more dragons. Especially since Charizard is just a dragon wannabe when not in Mega X form.
With that said. I would also be fine with Spyro, Tiki, any other manakete (or dragon Laguz), Tamagon, and/or any other dragons.
I think most of the newcomers should be retro characters.
But that most likely won't happen, but we should at least get 4 with
Lip is my most wanted Retro
I honestly don't want Shulk unless we get Zael and Aeron to go with them. As they form a trilogy to me, even if they don't else where.

That's all I got at the moment.

When I say Zero I mean the one from Megaman X. I never understood how the hell going to sleep turned him into A starved transvestite with pupils the size of olives. Cocains a hell of a drug

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Unpopular opinions.

Character choices in previous games have been too Japan-centric.
Subspace Emissary was fun
I could understand K Rool beign left out if so.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
- Kid Icarus really doesn't need more than 1 rep.
- Most people who say Sakurai will put in Palutena because he made the last Kid Icarus game are lying to themselves, They know darn well this was the the reason we never saw Dedede or Metaknight until Brawl.
- Sakurai adds in characters based on potential movesets not because you want them in there (I'm referring to less popular characters such as Bandana Dee or Alph).
- I really want Gooey to be the next Kirby rep.
- I've never likes Marth, metaknight, Zelda/Sheik, Fox, or Falco.
- I'd rather have Kraid playble than Ridley
- I think all of the newcomers so far have been excellent choices.
- Ghirahim better stay the **** out of my Smash 4.
- L canceling better be in this game.

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
-I hate the excuse that Sakurai only puts in characters because of potential movesets. If that was the case then Toon Link, Ganondorf and Falco wouldn't exist.

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
The 3DS community may end up being the leading portion of the Smash 4 scene due to the number of people with 3DS's and ease of organizing tourneys with them.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
-Moveset and play style are definitely the deciding factors when it comes to most newcomers, the exception being clones added late into development.
-Wario's current move set is 1000 times better then what a land based one could ever be, and it's silly to want a land based one to replace his current one. A shoulder charge and a ground pound bring nothing unique. But I suppose his fsmash could be buffed and a couple others could get replaced.

D

Deleted member

My unpopular opinions

- I don't care for Dixie Kong or Ridley
- I'm OK with Star Fox having 4 reps
- I don't want Ghirahim as a playable fighter in SSB4.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Unpopular Opinions

-I still believe Geno has a chance to appear as a playable character for the Mario series. This is why Rosalina & Luma was revealed so early. Geno will be a much bigger surprise.
-I like the Pokemon Trainer. I hope he stays.
-If Square-Enix gets a rep if Geno is added, then it should be Crono. He is a very unique character that has always been appealing.
-I've never played Fire Emblem. Who stays, leaves, and comes doesn't matter to me at all.
-I've never played Metroid. But, who doesn't want a space dragon?
-I wouldn't mind seeing Tails appear with Sonic. Mario and Sonic vs. Luigi and Tails, anyone?
-I wouldn't mind if Snake got cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom