• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Yoshi Bug and Interaction Report Thread

Ssbm_Jag

Smash Journeyman
Hi Yoshis and others,

I'll be posting valid replies onto this list. So reply with any bugs or oddities that you find. This is not a thread for suggested fixes to Yoshi's attacks or general design, but rather only a thread to report actual bugs or unintended gameplay-hindering notices. If I post something here that was intentionally put into place, please let me know so I can remove it. I will try to test any claims personally before adding to the list.

3.6:
>Stuck in shield If shield is held at the end of roll animation for a minimum of 33 frames. If shield is held over 33 frames after a roll, Yoshi can drop shield like usual.
>Yoshi Bomb start-up hit-box does not hit aerial opponents.
>Edge cancelled eggs on stages such as Pokemon Stadium 2 and Smashville can collide with the side of stage.

Last edited:

Limbose

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0748-3141-7837
But why? So we can all have a place to circlejerk about how bad you want to pretend Yoshi is because of a couple glitches? How is that productive? I suppose it could be a place for people to look to see if they've run into something new, but there's something called a search function in the bug reporting forum that accomplishes that in a much more broad scope.
Post them to the actual PM bug report forum, leave the PMDT to their hard work, and move on.

Ssbm_Jag

Smash Journeyman
But why? So we can all have a place to circlejerk about how bad you want to pretend Yoshi is because of a couple glitches? How is that productive? I suppose it could be a place for people to look to see if they've run into something new, but there's something called a search function in the bug reporting forum that accomplishes that in a much more broad scope.
Post them to the actual PM bug report forum, leave the PMDT to their hard work, and move on.
I never said PM Yoshi is a bad character nor do I think he is. If there are bugs or unintentional hitbox interactions that need to be fixed, why would I not want them to be fixed? I stated that the thread is not a thread to complain about Yoshi's intentional design, so you don't need to troll and accuse me of hosting a pity party. I didn't know about a forum for reporting bugs and this thread is titled "unofficial," meaning you don't have to be a part of it and PMDT doesn't have to acknowledge it in any way. This isn't exactly spamming the yoshi boards either. My ultimate hope is that there eventually isn't a need for a thread like this. I'm doing more for the meta doing this than you are by accusing me of holding a belief that you might feel guilty of having yourself.

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Could you provide some more information about Yoshi Bomb?

Also, is the ECE happen when Yoshi is doing fully invincible ECEs?

DankPancake

Smash Rookie
Is there a glitch where yoshi will grab ledge and almost instantly let go and fast fall? This happens to me often, but I dont know if its just my inputs.

Limbose

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0748-3141-7837
Is there a glitch where yoshi will grab ledge and almost instantly let go and fast fall? This happens to me often, but I dont know if its just my inputs.
Yeah, but it's more of a global glitch. Some characters have it worse than others, most prominently Bowser, but Yoshi's got it worse than normal too. It happens when you move a long disatnce and snap to the ledge. Something weird goes on with collision boxes and it pops you off.

Last edited:

Ssbm_Jag

Smash Journeyman
I've never had this ledge grab glitch happen to me and I play a lot. If you can consistently find a way to prove this glitch I'll definitely test it out. Scatz Scatz , what more info would you like to know? I tested the hitbox that sets up the strong hit of down-b and the only reason I care about it hitting aerial opponents is because yoshi in some ways can't combo into down-b.

Top Bottom