• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List / Chart Unofficial Tier List

Wello

Smash Rookie
Here's my Unofficial Tier List, let me know your thoughts:

S: :ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultinkling::ultpichu::ultlucina::ultwolf::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultike::ultroy::ultchrom:(Peach and Daisy are the best the others are in no order)

A: :ultolimar::ultwario::ultmarth::ultgreninja::ultyounglink::ultpalutena::ultsnake::ultyoshi::ultpokemontrainer:(No Order)

B: :ultmegaman::ultshulk::ultcloud::ultivysaur::ultmewtwo::ultsonic::ultrob::ultness::ultlink::ultlucario::ultzss::ultgnw::ultfalco::ultdk::ultluigi:(No Order)

C: :ultmario::ultbowser::ultswordfighter::ultmetaknight::ulttoonlink::ultlucas::ultpacman::ultdoc::ultrichter::ultsimon::ultganondorf::ultfalcon::ultsheik::ultbayonetta::ultwiifittrainer::ultkingdedede::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultryu::ultken::ultdiddy::ultgunner::ultsquirtle:(No Order)

D: :ultzelda::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultincineroar::ultridley::ultkrool::ultcorrin::ultisabelle::ultvillager::ultbrawler::ultjigglypuff::ultrobinf::ultrosalina::ulticeclimbers:(No Order)

F: :ultpiranha::ultduckhunt::ultbowserjr::ultkirby::ultcharizard::ultlittlemac:(Little Mac is the worst the others are in no order)

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Wario and Greninja should be S, Doc should be B, Icies, Villager, Jigglypuff,Incineroar, Rosalina, and Zelda should be C. Ken should be B.Chrom should be B. And Duck Hunt should be C.

Last edited:

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
The only one I whole-heartedly disagree with is Ice Climbers. There is still a ton of incredible tech being discovered with them as far as I've observed and while this may make for a highly technical character that takes a while to master, that shouldn't necessarily be reflected in a tier list as its supposed to be showing the max potential in the meta.

Granted, thats huge speculation on my part. And I understand we haven't seen that potential in tournament just yet as the Icy players still seem to be labbing. I just don't think they should be underestimated and could be in 'B' tier at the very least.

DelugeFGC

Smash Stick Space Cowboy
Switch FC
SW-2582-1162-1537
I disagree with quite a few placements, I suppose check my signature to find out exactly which. Overall it's not horrible though.

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
You know what I said earlier about Ice Climbers lacking (big) tournament results? Check out the recent 'Battle of BC 3' :grin:
Been following this part time Icies player and he's been winning some smaller tournaments too.

WomenRespecter64

Smash Rookie
I like how on mostly every tier list I've seen, The only two characters i've mained are always on bottom tier

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
I like how on mostly every tier list I've seen, The only two characters i've mained are always on bottom tier
Who are your mains? Just curious.

Anyways, I am nervous about Yoshi dropping to mid or low tier because that is what happened in 4. Some people think that he will drop on the tier list as time goes on and I hope that doesn’t happen, at least too low. Even if this does happen however, I am still going to stick with him because he is the character I enjoyed the most. I stuck with through 4, even when he dropped on the tier list and if it happens again, I will stick with him.

Last edited:

WomenRespecter64

Smash Rookie

Anyways, I am nervous about Yoshi dropping to mid or low tier because that is what happened in 4. Some people think that he will drop on the tier list as time goes on and I hope that doesn’t happen, at least too low. Even if this does happen however, I am still going to stick with him because he is the character I enjoyed the most. I stuck with through 4, even when he dropped on the tier list and if it happens again, I will stick with him.
Love the dedication to a character I'm having trouble with. I main Little Mac and Kirby btw

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
Love the dedication to a character I'm having trouble with. I main Little Mac and Kirby btw
If it makes you feel better, I struggle against Yoshis online too, despite being a Yoshi main. I just don’t find that many of them. I have been dedicated to Yoshi since the late days of Brawl and he is one of my favorite characters in video games so I am a bit of a character loyalist. Sorry that you struggle with him.

Also, Kirby is awesome! I think people rate him a little too low. He has major flaws, but he can combo and he is not combo food because of how small he is. He is definitely bottom tier.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
My tier list consists of 0 to 1. Pokémon Trainer is a unit, rather than a singular character, but I'd suspect Ivysaur is the strongest of the three. Since there are 85 characters (I'm including echo fighters), my tier list will be presented in a particular way. As far as I'm aware, there aren't too many differences between echo fighters to separate them, with perhaps the exception of Marth and Lucina. The order in which I present my tier list will be in alphabetical order. Of course, my my knowledge is limited, so here's what I have so far.

1 - 0.8
:ultcloud::ultfox::ultinkling::ultolimar::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultsnake::ultwolf::ultyounglink:

0.79 - 0.6
:ultluigi::ultmario::ultness::ultpokemontrainer::ultrichter::ultrob::ultsimon::ultzss:

0.59 - 0.4
:ultdarkpit::ultdarksamus::ultmarth::ultpit::ultsamus::ultwiifittrainer:

0.39 - 0.2
:ultisabelle::ultridley:

0.19 - 0
:ultlittlemac::ultpiranha:

Last edited:

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
I'd recommend taking a look at this:

http://ssburesults.blogspot.com/

Done by CovertGhoul CovertGhoul

It shows a weighted chart that contains each character's tourney rep. The further each character gets in a tournament, and the larger the tournament is, the more points that character is awarded in this database.

Snake is very prominent in these results, which may warrant him being S tier instead of A. He's actually #1 here.

I also don't get why Ridley is consistently placed so low. He's #28 in tournament representation according to the above website, and he has several dedicated players constantly getting results in tournaments playing him, including Trela, who's placed first in three tournaments playing Ridley. Vreyvus won Valhalla II with Ridley as well. I think he deserves better than D (or F, which he is routinely placed in on other people's lists, down with Little Mac and Kirby). He's gotta at least be C tier, or average, maybe C+.

Last edited:

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
Nice list man

My biggest differences are:
:ultolimar:- S tier
Switch :ultmario: and :ultluigi: placement
:ultganondorf:-B
:ultfalco:-A
:ultsheik:-D
:ultgnw:-D
Not saying your placements are wrong these are just my opinions.

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
Regarding G&W sense you brought him up xwingz900, I think Wello's placing is probably fairly accurate. Have you seen Maister play? Or at least seen how far he got in the Full Bloom tournament? Plus, with him being a pretty hard counter to Snake who people argue is a High-Tier to Top-Tier I wouldn't put him any lower than C.

Also, to add further thoughts on other characters, I would also put Ganondorf in B. I think Robin could potentially be closer to C. They might just be a tough character to master but are deceivingly strong in the current engine. Jul seems to be one of the best Robins currently and he recently won a local. I also wonder whether Ridley is truly in D with the various Ridleys who have won locals and even Tweek seems to be trying him out. But if he is higher than D I wouldn't put him any higher than C. Because his mass/weight ratio does seem bad enough to hold him back.

Aquuds

Smash Cadet
Time for my tier list
S: (:ultpichu::ultpeach::ultdaisy:),:ultlucina:,:ultwolf:,(:ultinkling::ultolimar:),:ultpikachu:,:ultpalutena:,:ultwario:,:ultfox:,:ultgreninja:
A::ultsnake:,:ultshulk:,:ultyounglink:,:ultroy:,:ultpokemontrainer:,:ultmarth:,:ultyoshi:,:ultrob:,:ultlink:,:ultcloud:,:ultzss:,:ultchrom:,:ultness:,:ultlucario:,:ultpacman:,:ultmegaman:,:ultlucas:,:ultsonic:,:ultmario:,:ultivysaur:
B
::ultjoker:,:ultmewtwo:,:ultfalco:,:ultcorrinf:,(:ultsimon::ultrichter:),:ultdk:,:ultganondorf:,:ultwiifittrainer:
C::ulttoonlink:,
:ultmetaknight:,:ultbayonetta:,:ultsquirtle:,:ultfalcon:,:ultswordfighter:,(:ultsamus::ultdarksamus:),(:ultpit::ultdarkpit:),:ultsheik:,:ultluigi:,:ultdiddy:,:ultdoc:,:ultduckhunt:,:ultgunner:
D::ultbowser:,:ultvillager:,:ultisabelle:,:ulticeclimbers:,:ultike::ultkingdedede:,(:ultryu::ultken:),:ultincineroar:,:ultbrawler:,:ultjigglypuff:,:ultcharizard:,:ultgnw:,:ultkrool:,:ultrobinf:,:ultzelda:,:ultridley:,:ultbowserjr:
E::ultkirby:,:ultpiranha:,:ultlittlemac:

Last edited:

Yoshi_smash

Smash Apprentice

Is Yoshi currently near the top of the tier list on official Ultimate tier list(s)?

Even if Yoshi drops in the tier list, I'm still going to main him, but what worries me is that not enough people will main him, causing his rankings to become lackluster.

I guess I am a "character loyalist" (I will main Yoshi regardless of how high or low he is on tier lists).

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Is Yoshi currently near the top of the tier list on official Ultimate tier list(s)?

Even if Yoshi drops in the tier list, I'm still going to main him, but what worries me is that not enough people will main him, causing his rankings to become lackluster.

I guess I am a "character loyalist" (I will main Yoshi regardless of how high or low he is on tier lists).
"Official" may be overstated but a lot of top-players have their tier list out.
Yoshi looks like a fairly good high-tier character but on the highest level, only Suarez plays him.

Top Bottom