• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Smash Legacy TE 2.0 & Knuckles Only Build - Released

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Hey everyone, I'm back from my nearly 2 year hiatus, but not likely here to stay. Before the latest release of Legacy TE I had been playing with Motobug's Knuckles only build for 1.1 TE. Now that knuckles' model and moveset have been updated it's time to use a Knuckles' only build that no longer contains content directly from the leaked PM build.

Please note that I didn't make this content. I just compiled things that already existed. The only thing I truly made by myself was the CSS icon.

Z-Alt
OVA Knuckles
fzxQ3XdQ.png

R-Alt
Ugandan Knuckles
KNXCSP~1.PNG

Yes it's horrendous. You can certainly change it you'd like. I won't.

Screenshots -
00000000-8.png

00000000-6.png
00000000-10.png

00000000-9.png

How to Install -
(First you've gotta successfully install Legacy TE 2.0)

1. Download the build - Now you know his strength

2. Extract the contents from the .rar file. This is a Drag&Drop so all you need to do is drag the files over the root of your SD card and replace all files of the same name (Note that this will replace any custom content you've already added, so it's preferable you try this on a vanilla build.) If you have your codes in different folder than LegacyTE/ then you'll have to copy them over there.

3. Load Legacy TE with whichever method you used before.

4. Enjoy. (Please respect the PMDT's wishes and use this strictly in friendlies; it's already controversial enough for this to exist)

Knuckles Model
Knuckles Moveset
CSProject & Knuckles Expansion

Surfer Jet Set Alternate Costume
Fighter Files
Cosmetics

OVA Knuckles Cosmetics
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kbdg3qcbapc07c7/AADKvVifXlaPlIRYYLId53-Ma?dl=0&m=

Credits - I did not directly work directly with anyone in this list, nor did any of them endorse this project, but they need to be properly credited.
Nanobuds (Model and Textures)
Silentd00m (Main Animator)
Fireball Stars (Animator)
SHeLL-Animator (PSA / Wall Climbs)
ishmael1205 (Side / Down Taunt Animator)
Rage83 (SFX)
Eternal_Yoshi (Made custom skeleton)
bringobrongo (PSA Down Taunt)
Motobug (Codes)

CSProject Credits
DavidKimball (CSProject)
LuminousWarrior
StarWaffle
Mach 7
Sub
Vapor

Known Issues & Bugs
1. Red and White costume stock icons are surrounded by a black square.
2. Character voice may stop working. Installing again fixed this for me.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
You are absolutely crazy if you think Knuckles if finished. Have you even played the public versions of him?

Last edited:

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
"I'm by no means an experienced hacker, I only made texture hacks before this. But I know there's a demand for this and I've made (relative?) progress."

Sorry Nano, I'm literally the exact same as my fellow mortal down below the PMDT deities

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
You are absolutely crazy if you think Knuckles if finished. Have you even played the public versions of him?
btw, I have played the public version of knuckles. He definitely doesn't need too much work to be considered polished (super awesome job btw, great addition to the roster)

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I understand the concern, but this'll probably be the best Knuckles we'll get for a long time. I've had a blast playing it and I just don't want to replace Sonic.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Maybe this is necroposting, but who cares. The build is finished and I'll post after making some sfx fixes.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Hey everyone, I'm back from my nearly 2 year hiatus, but not likely here to stay. Before the latest release of Legacy TE I had been playing with Motobug's Knuckles only build for 1.1 TE. Now that knuckles' model and moveset have been updated it's time to use a Knuckles' only build that no longer contains content directly from the leaked PM build.

Please note that I didn't make this content. I just compiled things that already existed. The only thing I truly made by myself was the CSS icon.

Z-Alt
OVA Knuckles

R-Alt
Ugandan Knuckles
View attachment 151777
Yes it's horrendous. You can certainly change it you'd like. I won't.

Screenshots -

How to Install -
(First you've gotta successfully install Legacy TE 2.0)

1. Download the build - Now you know his strength

2. Extract the contents from the .rar file. This is a Drag&Drop so all you need to do is drag the files over the root of your SD card and replace all files of the same name (Note that this will replace any custom content you've already added, so it's preferable you try this on a vanilla build.) If you have your codes in different folder than LegacyTE/ then you'll have to copy them over there.

3. Load Legacy TE with whichever method you used before.

4. Enjoy. (Please respect the PMDT's wishes and use this strictly in friendlies; it's already controversial enough for this to exist)

Knuckles Model
Knuckles Moveset
CSProject & Knuckles Expansion

Surfer Jet Set Alternate Costume
Fighter Files
Cosmetics

OVA Knuckles Cosmetics
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kbdg3qcbapc07c7/AADKvVifXlaPlIRYYLId53-Ma?dl=0&m=

Credits - I did not directly work directly with anyone in this list, nor did any of them endorse this project, but they need to be properly credited.
Nanobuds (Model and Textures)
Silentd00m (Main Animator)
Fireball Stars (Animator)
SHeLL-Animator (PSA / Wall Climbs)
ishmael1205 (Side / Down Taunt Animator)
Rage83 (SFX)
Eternal_Yoshi (Made custom skeleton)
bringobrongo (PSA Down Taunt)
Motobug (Codes)

CSProject Credits
DavidKimball (CSProject)
LuminousWarrior
StarWaffle
Mach 7
Sub
Vapor

Known Issues & Bugs
1. Red and White costume stock icons are surrounded by a black square.
2. Character voice may stop working. Installing again fixed this for me.
Hey there! I know this is mega late, but can you please credit me as "davidvkimball" instead of DavidKimball? The middle initial V is part of my username. :)

Cheers,

David

Top Bottom