• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Ridley1994

Smash Cadet
What a glorious Halloween treat. But on to a more serious question, has anyone had a problem installing Classic Ridley? I renamed the appropriate files and placed them in the lucario folder. Lucario only has eight costumes in my build so i left out Charizard Ridley and the darker ZM costume, but my game keeps crashing just before the character selection screen. I don't have a clue what I've done wrong. If anyone can help me with this issue, I would be grateful. On another note what program should I trust for inserting gct codes? A PM would be a miracle at this point.

Last edited:

bringobrongo

Smash Rookie
I think that his fmash should be changed to something else, perhaps something fast and with multiple parts, like PM Snake's? Having the super slow tail spear like Modern Ridley just doesn't fit Classic's playstyle. Something similar to Modern Ridley's jab could work. His dash attack should land closer to where he starts to fall, as he falls backwards quite a bit. Also, it would be nice to have a move that includes the tail scrape from SSE.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I think that his fmash should be changed to something else, perhaps something fast and with multiple parts, like PM Snake's? Having the super slow tail spear like Modern Ridley just doesn't fit Classic's playstyle. Something similar to Modern Ridley's jab could work. His dash attack should land closer to where he starts to fall, as he falls backwards quite a bit. Also, it would be nice to have a move that includes the tail scrape from SSE.
His ground attacks are meant to be slow, but strong. Exact opposite of what he is in the air. Considering what else he has here, FSmash is fitting and it's range is useful.
Dash attack can be adjusted.
I'm not sure where i would put this attack.

bringobrongo

Smash Rookie
Most of his ground attacks aren't that slow, and his fsmash seems slower than even Modern Ridley's.
The new attack could be an A + B thing like Modern Ridley has.

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Trust me, you do not want the tail scrape as an attack. I think the first, unreleased build of Ridley Bagan made had that and it just doesn't fit for anything. Besides, the Ridley in SSE doesn't fight like Ridley (as it's a Dynablade clone).

latinking

Smash Apprentice
Nice to see an update in recent times. Hope you're going to have some free time for yourself bagan in order to relax from your studies and modding. :)
I apologize if this isnt the right place to ask, but can anyone tell me if there's a mod out there that exists that allows Smash 4 (or at at least its new characters) to be added to Project M?

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Nope, nothing. If there was it would be all over the internet.

Spigel

Smash Cadet
Hi, I been playing a few days whith Clasic Ridley and it feels great, its like the character that always should be or even better.
I know it's still a beta, but there is a graphic glith on some stages like Bowser's Castle, Warioland and Dreamland (Remake) every time he approach to the dead zones (it happens playing on wii, on dolphin doesn´t),

BTW Im playing regular PM, not PM+EX

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Seeing less crashes in classic Ridley compared to the other... That makes me happy.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Been loving Retro Ridley this week! He's so much more stable. Missing animations are a bummer, but I might add a couple of quick ones myself to make up for them.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Been loving Retro Ridley this week! He's so much more stable. Missing animations are a bummer, but I might add a couple of quick ones myself to make up for them.
If you ever get around to that, I'd like to use that in my build if you wouldn't mind...

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Seeing less crashes in classic Ridley compared to the other... That makes me happy.
There should be none. As long as you use default color it won't crash (unless colors were added in this release). Oh, there is also this:

To do: Up B on the ground, use all air jumps, Up B again.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
Nope, nothing. If there was it would be all over the internet.
I could have sworn I saw videos of a playable Ryu in Brawl/Project M, and Shulk (i think that was a beta).
How about the mods for Smash 4? Any worthwhile progress on giving it Project m physics?

Sorry again for the off topic questions.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Any plans for Classic Ridley, I know you might be busy with life but i'm just checking in on you're progress.

Speaking about life, how are you doing?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Dear me, it's been a while, hasn't it? Yes, I am not dead. I simply did not have the time or vitality to keep working on any of this. University really does take a lot out of you. I almost forgot this was a thing until today. While I was looking through the files on my PC, I found a lot of leftovers from mod development. It brought back a lot of memories and now I feel like I should go back to it. However, this does not mean I can (or cannot) go back to modding. I have got 3-4 more years to study and I am not sure if it will get more lenient or even worse. Until I get a clear answer to that, I will try to get all that rust off of me.

Now for something unpleasant I found out about. Metal Face was leaked at some point and I do not remember giving permission to do so. I do not mind him being out in the public as this version is not something I like anymore (which is why I haven't released him unlike CRidley) and I will completely remake him if I go back to modding, but I am disappointed.

As for something that is certainly more pleasant, I found this among my files:

I do not even remember when I made this, but I like it. Meta Ridley's face needs to blend in better though.

Last edited:

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Dear me, it's been a while, hasn't it? Yes, I am not dead. I simply did not have the time or vitality to keep working on any of this. University really does take a lot out of you. I almost forgot this was a thing until today. While I was looking through the files on my PC, I found a lot of leftovers from mod development. It brought back a lot of memories and now I feel like I should go back to it. However, this does not mean I can (or cannot) go back to modding. I have got 3-4 more years to study and I am not sure if it will get more lenient or even worse. Until I get a clear answer to that, I will try to get all that rust off of me.

Now for something unpleasant I found out about. Metal Face was leaked at some point and I do not remember giving permission to do so. I do not mind him being out in the public as this version is not something I like anymore (which is why I haven't released him unlike CRidley) and I will completely remake him if I go back to modding, but I am disappointed.

As for something that is certainly more pleasant, I found this among my files:

I do not even remember when I made this, but I like it. Meta Ridley's face needs to blend in better though.
He's alive!!!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Since the last time I've posted here, I've been working on the big guy almost non-stop. Haven't done that for a while and hopefully I didn't get rusty. I cannot post images at the moment or do much aside from posting text, so, i'll simply list some of the changes:
-Dash attack received a new animation. It's much better than before, that's for sure.
-Neutral B works properly now (he no longer automatically shoots a fireball as soon as the charge is complete). I've implemented coding from KingJigglypuff's version to do so.
-Side B received new grab attempt, transition and grab release animations and its frame data is now same on the ground and in the air. I've also implemented some coding from KingJigglypuff's version.
-Now he has his Final Smash. It's a very strong beam with short duration and limited vertical range (but there is some recoil, so, it's not a straight line). I decided not to use Lucario's FS because then we would have another Landmaster situation. It might be a bit too simple, but it works well enough and there isn't really anything else I could do aside from simply reusing modern Ridley's FS.
-Most of item and misc animations have been added.
-Up and side taunts have been added. They are variations of modern Ridley's taunts, but animations are different, with the side taunt being more unique (both of his arms are used for the gesture, it looks more natural and the roaring part is completely different).
-Second victory animation added. It's a long roar like one of modern Ridley's victory animations, nothing fancy.
-Proper clapping animation has been added. It's nothing special.
-Meta Ridley model. It needs some work, but there's nothing you'll notice in action. Proportions were changed as there were several major differences.
Hopefully I'll finish him before I'll have to go back to studying.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Since the last time I've posted here, I've been working on the big guy almost non-stop. Haven't done that for a while and hopefully I didn't get rusty. I cannot post images at the moment or do much aside from posting text, so, i'll simply list some of the changes:
-Dash attack received a new animation. It's much better than before, that's for sure.
-Neutral B works properly now (he no longer automatically shoots a fireball as soon as the charge is complete). I've implemented coding from KingJigglypuff's version to do so.
-Side B received new grab attempt, transition and grab release animations and its frame data is now same on the ground and in the air. I've also implemented some coding from KingJigglypuff's version.
-Now he has his Final Smash. It's a very strong beam with short duration and limited vertical range (but there is some recoil, so, it's not a straight line). I decided not to use Lucario's FS because then we would have another Landmaster situation. It might be a bit too simple, but it works well enough and there isn't really anything else I could do aside from simply reusing modern Ridley's FS.
-Most of item and misc animations have been added.
-Up and side taunts have been added. They are variations of modern Ridley's taunts, but animations are different, with the side taunt being more unique (both of his arms are used for the gesture, it looks more natural and the roaring part is completely different).
-Second victory animation added. It's a long roar like one of modern Ridley's victory animations, nothing fancy.
-Proper clapping animation has been added. It's nothing special.
-Meta Ridley model. It needs some work, but there's nothing you'll notice in action. Proportions were changed as there were several major differences.
Hopefully I'll finish him before I'll have to go back to studying.
Hopefully you took into account of KJP's revamp's problem with Mewtwo from that coding and fixed it in your finished version.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Hopefully you took into account of KJP's revamp's problem with Mewtwo from that coding and fixed it in your finished version.
That's due to the Fireball ID fix code (for some reason, it breaks Mewtwo's Shadow Ball ID). Pyotr's currently away right now, but I'm hoping it'll be fixed if he gets back.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Now that I can upload images, here they are:

I've also been working on Metal Face and K.Rool, but there isn't much at the moment. So far, I've changed MF's stance and proportions and reversed K.Rool idle animation as he was facing the wrong direction, making it a bit hard to animate him.
Old:

New:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I've also been working on Metal Face and K.Rool, but there isn't much at the moment. So far, I've changed MF's stance and proportions and reversed K.Rool idle animation as he was facing the wrong direction, making it a bit hard to animate him.
Old:

New:
I swear, every post you make on the progress of your Ridley mod is like one birthday present after another. These are all absolutely incredible, and I can't wait to try this out when it's done.

Love that first picture with Ridley and Samus. It really reminds me of Ridley's Melee trophy pose, though I'm not sure if you had that in mind lol.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I swear, every post you make on the progress of your Ridley mod is like one birthday present after another. These are all absolutely incredible, and I can't wait to try this out when it's done.

Love that first picture with Ridley and Samus. It really reminds me of Ridley's Melee trophy pose, though I'm not sure if you had that in mind lol.
...I can see it now, but it isn't what I had in mind. Huh.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
It's amazing how far you've gone since you've started modding. I tried your first Ridley mod way back when, and it was okay but definitely janky.
Your current moveset is amazing, clever, unique, and I love it. You've improved so drastically and it's impressive.
Stay strong Bagan. <3

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Old:

New:
Outstanding work as always, Bagan! :D It is great seeing you around the boards from time to time! Keep it up!

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros
Bagan, did you see Samus Returns' secret boss?
Meta Ridley SR.png
Proteus Ridley boss.png

this is Proteus Ridley, the endgame "nearly-healed" stage of Meta Ridley from the Metroid Prime series

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
it should be possible
in the secret ending of SR, you will see a Hornoad gnawing off on the claw of Ridley's former attachments. (implied he finally got his body all healed up after the fight)
who knows? MercuryStream may have a backup model of his original self as well within the data of their game

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
... You weren't far off. :p

Haven't checked back here in quite some time due to the earlier periods of inactivity, but glad to see things are still being worked on for Ridley and others, slowly but surely. Also recently saw someone was in the process of porting the earlier PM Ridley mod to SSB4, so will be good to see how that goes eventually.

Most of all though, am eager to see what Proteus Ridley eventually adds to the modding scene in the future, aesthetically or otherwise. I screenshotted most of his new attacks and stuff here not too long ago, though don't know how feasible they would be to incorporate in a new custom moveset, but figured it'd be worth bringing up as food for thought for future moveset ideas.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Oh wow, back in action I see. Good to see that you're doing well Bagan. It's rather unfortunate that Metal Face got leaked. I haven't been here in a while since I got into Smash 4 modding but it's good to see that Brawl modding is as strong as it ever was if not stronger. I might get back into it because Ridley is Ridley and Smash 4 doesn't have Ridley (yet).

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I'd hate to necro, but I have a minor teaser regarding Classic Ridley. Bagan re-animated Back and Up Throw (I've done the PSA coding), and has given me permission to reveal these throws.

New Back Throw:
New Up Throw:

Top Bottom