• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Regarding classic ridley, what still needs to be done before releasing him?
Misc. animations like tripping, item animations, 100% ledge stuff, Final Smash, victory animations, taunts and, if i won't get too close to max file size, moving eyes. Of course this doesn't mean much when i can randomly decide to make animations for five hours or do nothing like i've been doing with Metal Face.
does classic ridley use the same sfx as modern or is it different?
Completely different SFX.
I tried to put the Ridley's Lair stage over Norfair & it crashes...

I got the rel from here: http://www.lakora.us/rel/
I think you shouldn't be using a rel file if you're putting it over Norfair.
also, unless someone said asked this earlier, does C ridley's side b stay the same regardless of whether it is on the ground or air?
It's same.
i just re watched the classic ridley video and i have 3 questions
1.View attachment 114694 how did this connect.
2.how did this View attachment 114695 not kill?
3.could you make ridleys down air send you up higher? being the ness at 0:33 looks like for glory level torture.
1. Hitboxes go beyond his arm.
2. His aerial attacks are very weak in terms of knockback. I didn't want to make his ground attacks useless, but i couldn't make them faster either, so, this is my solution. Combined with how fragile Ridley is, i think it balances things out nicely.
3. You mean make Ridley bounce up higher or make it launch the enemy higher?
will both ridleys be able to be on the same match without issues?
It seems likely, as "Modern" Ridley uses Pit as a base, while "Classic" Ridley uses Lucario as a base.
That and i'm making him with ports in mind. He already uses Gray Fox's GFX and shares Wolf's soundbank. I just need to figure out how to completely remove Lucario's aura without changing Lucario's GFX or doing something that will affect Lucario too.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I just need to figure out how to completely remove Lucario's aura without changing Lucario's GFX or doing something that will affect Lucario too.
That's very easy to do if you're talking about his Palm Aura. Just insert Terminate GFX commands to get rid of Lucario's Palm Aura GFX into the Wait1/WaitItem/EntryL/EntryR Sub Actions. If you're talking about the Aura mechanic, that's also easy. Just make the damage multiplier Floating Points all 1.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That's very easy to do if you're talking about his Palm Aura. Just insert Terminate GFX commands to get rid of Lucario's Palm Aura GFX into the Wait1/WaitItem/EntryL/EntryR Sub Actions. If you're talking about the Aura mechanic, that's also easy. Just make the damage multiplier Floating Points all 1.
...i never tried that because i thought it's something that is contantly generated. Thanks.

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
1. Hitboxes go beyond his arm.
2. His aerial attacks are very weak in terms of knockback. I didn't want to make his ground attacks useless, but i couldn't make them faster either, so, this is my solution. Combined with how fragile Ridley is, i think it balances things out nicely.
3. You mean make Ridley bounce up higher or make it launch the enemy higher?
1.its fine that it goes beyond his arm but mario is much closer to his ass than his hand when hes being grabbed in the picture i used. maybe the hitbox should be smaller is what i'm suggesting
2.i don't get what you're saying here so whatever.
3.make the enemy bounce higher. when i had ridley in project m my friend would use him and he would always down air because its basically lagless, huge range, and safe on sheild. it doesn't look any different from then and now. the only reason hes not on anymore is because i screwed up my sd card downloading a mod.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Aura fix didn't work. GFX is still here.

1.its fine that it goes beyond his arm but mario is much closer to his *** than his hand when hes being grabbed in the picture i used. maybe the hitbox should be smaller is what i'm suggesting
2.i don't get what you're saying here so whatever.
3.make the enemy bounce higher. when i had ridley in project m my friend would use him and he would always down air because its basically lagless, huge range, and safe on sheild. it doesn't look any different from then and now. the only reason hes not on anymore is because i screwed up my sd card downloading a mod.
1. I looked at original video.
1.PNG

He is on frame 7 of the Side B animation. Hitboxes that appear on next frame look like this:
BrawlboxScreencap0.png

Looks like he caught Mario's head, which isn't that far from his hand in that pose. I don't see a problem here when this kind of stuff isn't rare:

2. Aerial attacks (including BAir) have low knockback growth. That is why Kirby survived that attack.

3. I can do that. But first, we'll need to test it.
And you really shouldn't shield Ridley's DAir. Spot dodging is a much better way of avoiding it. He falls so quickly that he'll land before his enemy will no longer be invincible. At least that's how i deal with it.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Aura fix didn't work. GFX is still here.

1. I looked at original video.
View attachment 115263
He is on frame 7 of the Side B animation. Hitboxes that appear on next frame look like this:
View attachment 115262
Looks like he caught Mario's head, which isn't that far from his hand in that pose. I don't see a problem here when this kind of stuff isn't rare:

2. Aerial attacks (including BAir) have low knockback growth. That is why Kirby survived that attack.

3. I can do that. But first, we'll need to test it.
And you really shouldn't shield Ridley's DAir. Spot dodging is a much better way of avoiding it. He falls so quickly that he'll land before his enemy will no longer be invincible. At least that's how i deal with it.
Omg
omg.jpg omg2.jpg

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
...i didn't even notice that guy's face. Huh.

Copying Mewtwo's fix worked. Looks like i needed to terminate more than 1 effect.

Small thing, but now Ridley is actually facing his enemies.
View attachment 115426
It looks better than i thought it would.
That does look pretty good. But if this Ridley ever makes it into Smash 4 I think the camera facing pose would work without looking out of place. Especially if Ridley got the mirror treatment that Mario, Bowser, Megaman, etc got.

thisoneheredude

Smash Rookie
Everything's looking maximum rad thus far.

Question: now that porting animations from Brawl to Sm4sh is apparently a thing, once this becomes more refined it will likely become possible to relatively smoothly port vBrawl Ridley to 4U; does this seem like something that you could see yourself being interested in doing/having done?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Copying Mewtwo's fix worked. Looks like i needed to terminate more than 1 effect.

View attachment 115426
narci.jpg

I saw that painting in the background and I couldn't resist.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE KING OF THE KOOPAS, YOU OVERSIZED WRETCH!

(all seriousness tho, that is a really good drawing and I love it. It be even better if you made a mod of Bowser's castle with that picture being the only edit.)
xD Hahaha, oh geez, thanks! I'm not sure about the mod (Maybe...I would have to re-make the bowser pic or something, but I'm tired)...but it would be endeed hilarious!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Everything's looking maximum rad thus far.

Question: now that porting animations from Brawl to Sm4sh is apparently a thing, once this becomes more refined it will likely become possible to relatively smoothly port vBrawl Ridley to 4U; does this seem like something that you could see yourself being interested in doing/having done?
I would like to do it, but i'm not sure i'll have free time for it. I already have problems with that.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration

View attachment 115426
You know what bugs me about this pic? Ridley's eyes look kinda of goofy, it think it's because of the pupils, or maybe it's because he has a blank expression on his face, I think giving him a angry look would make him look more like the killer he his.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, I've done a little playing around with Project M files, and I've found the culprit behind the Single Player crashes that sometimes occur when the Ridley 2.1 files are added: it's the files in the info2 folder (infohomerun, infocorp, infobossbattles, etc.). Fortunately, all that's in those files for Ridley seems to be a few stock icon images, which can be added in manually with little hassle in BrawlBox.

The other item I found was that Ridley 2.1 freezes the game whenever he lands a sweetspotted tail attack while playing on the Kongo Jungle 64 stage. Dunno how that could be fixed, though the obvious solution is just to play on different stages.

waffulz

Smash Rookie
does classic ridley give the tail crash issue like modern does or has that not occured?

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
does classic ridley give the tail crash issue like modern does or has that not occured?
Classic Ridley has no crashes at the moment. I've been testing him for a while now trying to find a way to crash the game but nothing seems to work (which is good).

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Classic Ridley has no crashes at the moment.I've been testing him for a while now trying to find a way to crash the game but nothing seems to work (which is good).
Nothing makes me more happy than people trying to break things.

To fix them later, that part's good too, but you gotta break the limits, y'know?

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Can people stop asking this? It comes out when Bagan releases it which can be whenever.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, probably a dumb question here, but I'm curious.

With Smashified having made a completely new model for their series, is there any interest (From Bagan or anyone else) to ask for that model and implement it into the mod? I understand the process would be nearly impossible, with having to rig a different model and skeleton to all the animations again, but it's still technically possible.

Like I said earlier, dumb question, just curious.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
So, probably a dumb question here, but I'm curious.

With Smashified having made a completely new model for their series, is there any interest (From Bagan or anyone else) to ask for that model and implement it into the mod? I understand the process would be nearly impossible, with having to rig a different model and skeleton to all the animations again, but it's still technically possible.

Like I said earlier, dumb question, just curious.
if anyone gonna have to obtain the Ridley model from Smashified, you're gonna have to donate to their patreon and access the dropbox note page where they host their assets of their Smashified characters.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
if anyone gonna have to obtain the Ridley model from Smashified, you're gonna have to donate to their patreon and access the dropbox note page where they host their assets of their Smashified characters.
Lame and brilliant.

Bagan's already worked so hard on the animations and is using a much better model for Brawl... Maybe when Smash 4 modding evolves. That model's for rendering purposes alone, so it's probably got a ridiculous polycount.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Lame and brilliant.

Bagan's already worked so hard on the animations and is using a much better model for Brawl... Maybe when Smash 4 modding evolves. That model's for rendering purposes alone, so it's probably got a ridiculous polycount.
I too personally think the smashified ridley model should be reserved for sm4sh modding in the deep future.

That and the fact modders already ported HW Ganondorf into Smash WiiU unlike their attempt on P.M.'s engine.
1471985755274.jpg

latinking

Smash Apprentice
It sounds interesting, but i don't think i could handle stuff that comes after it (like Mother Brain's wall of projectiles).
In that case, you could try skipping most upgrades in Zero Mission except the Screw Attack. That item will help you survive Mother Brain's room. Btw, have you had the chance of playing the amazing AM2R?
Bagan's already worked so hard on the animations and is using a much better model for Brawl...
If there's one thing I'd love for Bagan's Ridley to have from Smashified, it's the eyes. I honestly prefer them without pupils, as it makes Ridley seem more menacing than Brawl Ridley's eyes.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
That and the fact modders already ported HW Ganondorf into Smash WiiU unlike their attempt on P.M.'s engine.
The reason importing HW models into PM was tough wasn't just because of the facepoint but mainly because of the model importing tools. Any object that had physics in that game wouldn't export properly, which means hair, dresses, etc.
It got fixed by the time Sm4sh model importing was a thing, which made the importing process as easy as any other.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Things may be a little quiet around these parts, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the mod isn't being touched.

Here's a little tweak to the Other M Meta Ridley I made recently, to fix a clipping issue;
Edited Meta Ridley Legs (Project M Ridley).png

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hello. It's been a while, huh? Well, I am not surprised. Pursuit of higher education leaves no time for life. It appears that this thread has been dead. And it's Halloween today. So, it is time to bring it back to life...i guess.
While I dislike to release unfinished content, I think I should do it at least once. Classic Ridley is pretty much done if you don't care about items. He is still missing some animations, but he is stable enough to release a beta version. It should be released today if everything will go on as planned. You'll have to install him manually though. I'm kinda rusty after not doing anything related to Brawl modding and I'm too lazy to check where things go, but it's nothing really complicated anyway.
As for the Smashified Ridley, looks cool and I'd like to see it in action, buuuut that's probably not gonna happen because of how it's obtained.

See you later.

...oh, and forget about the Thanksgiving break. That's not a thing in this country.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Hello. It's been a while, huh? Well, I am not surprised. Pursuit of higher education leaves no time for life. It appears that this thread has been dead. And it's Halloween today. So, it is time to bring it back to life...i guess.
While I dislike to release unfinished content, I think I should do it at least once. Classic Ridley is pretty much done if you don't care about items. He is still missing some animations, but he is stable enough to release a beta version. It should be released today if everything will go on as planned. You'll have to install him manually though. I'm kinda rusty after not doing anything related to Brawl modding and I'm too lazy to check where things go, but it's nothing really complicated anyway.
As for the Smashified Ridley, looks cool and I'd like to see it in action, buuuut that's probably not gonna happen because of how it's obtained.

See you later.

...oh, and forget about the Thanksgiving break. That's not a thing in this country.
That's cool, nice to see you're not dead, but then again this could be your ghost typing this is either way it's nice to hear from you.

And now since it's Hallow's Eve, time for some music.

Top Bottom