• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Bagan's work focuses mostly on monstrous characters and villains. I'm pretty sure there are already other modders out there re-creating Smash 4's new characters. I've seen Shulk, Little Mac, Ryu and Lucina so far.
Shulk doesn't have his moveset yet, but maybe soon.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Shulk doesn't have his moveset yet, but maybe soon.
well there are beta versions of one as far as i know there is one that just needs to be released dont quote me on it though, and there is a shulk moveset based more on Xenoblade chronicles (it was made before smash 4 was even anoused)

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
About the grounded side B, I don't think it should have different grounded grab/throws even if file size permits it. The move is not very good when used on the ground and I find that a good thing. It's pretty much just an aerial grab which is enough really. The only change it could really get is make it similar to modern Ridley's old up B to make it a little more sense on how Ridley manages to get his victim in his talons.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The Meta Ridley alt for Classic Ridley will definitely be a sight to behold when it becomes a reality. Without your mods I'd have no Ridley, who I use to torture friends and family with. I will always be grateful that you thought sack of rice was full of **** and made Ridley into a working character. The fact that you've done it twice is just the icing on the cake...
Good to hear that. If only i would have done classic Ridley when PM was in development...
i will wait for ridley...... i have a few questions.. 1. the other m model works still working?? 2. when you will release the other meta ridley? 3. can you make another mod... for example, like bayonetta with her smash 4 moves??
1. Yes.
2. When i'll properly rig it and remove parts that aren't supposed to be seen like his real shins. Right now, it's even bigger than default model and when he's holding something, half of his body stops moving.
3. That's already been answered.
Bagan's work focuses mostly on monstrous characters and villains. I'm pretty sure there are already other modders out there re-creating Smash 4's new characters. I've seen Shulk, Little Mac, Ryu and Lucina so far.
Correction: my work is just whatever i feel like doing. I'd be fine with making characters that aren't villains or monstrous, but there's just no one like this that i want to do. Not now at least.
um...how do i delete this?
You can't. I don't know why you can't delete your own messages.
About the grounded side B, I don't think it should have different grounded grab/throws even if file size permits it. The move is not very good when used on the ground and I find that a good thing. It's pretty much just an aerial grab which is enough really. The only change it could really get is make it similar to modern Ridley's old up B to make it a little more sense on how Ridley manages to get his victim in his talons.
True. It would make normal grab even less useful and that's not good. As for making him move like during modern Ridley's old up B, i think that wouldn't fit a Side B. Up B would be more fitting for the animation.

I should be able to get back to work soon. Pretty much everything i had to worry about is now out of the way and once i'll be alive again, i should get things going. I'm sure i'll get a lot of things Now i just hope that a cricket will stop chirping 24/7.

Last edited:

superpudding

Smash Rookie
would classic ridley even be capable of doing a ground pound? compared to modern ridley he seems less heavy

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
honestly would love to see more screens of Classic Rids and PM K. Rool right now.

also Bagan, what do you think of Nanobuds' Ganon costume he made?

you're still interested on doing Ganon?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
would classic ridley even be capable of doing a ground pound? compared to modern ridley he seems less heavy
...Goooood question!
...i'm not sure. He is light, so, he shouldn't be able to deal much damage with it if he can even perform it, but for the sake of gameplay, he can do it just as well as modern Ridley.
honestly would love to see more screens of Classic Rids and PM K. Rool right now.

also Bagan, what do you think of Nanobuds' Ganon costume he made?

you're still interested on doing Ganon?
I can give y'all some screenshots of classic Ridley, but not PM K. Rool...unless you're fine with looking at something so outdated that's going to be deleted once his model will be rigged properly anyway.

Ganon model looks good. I'm still interested in doing Ganon because a model swap is not really same thing.

Ridley1994

Smash Cadet
Classic Ridley did ground pounding attacks as Meta Ridley and Omega Ridley, so it is not improbable. He only lacked them in his 2d appearances.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
would classic ridley even be capable of doing a ground pound?
for the sake of gameplay, he can do it just as well as modern Ridley.
He only lacked them in his 2d appearances.
You're forgetting that Ridley did ground pounds in Zero Mission, at the very start of the battle, and occasionally if you're crouching/Morph Balling too often. In this (oddly) impressive video, Ridley does it several times in the first 30 seconds.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You're forgetting that Ridley did ground pounds in Zero Mission, at the very start of the battle, and occasionally if you're crouching/Morph Balling too often. In this (oddly) impressive video, Ridley does it several times in the first 30 seconds.
Never saw him do that. He never survived for more than 15 seconds in ZM (he doesn't deal enough damage to make it worth dodging his attacks on normal mode). In that case, a better question would be "would Ridley's ground pound really do much if he is so light?" and i don't think Ridley in this mod would be heavy enough to deal so much damage and knockback.

Last edited:

Ridley1994

Smash Cadet
Well thanks for correcting my oversight. I forgot ZM Ridley had a ground pound. If I replayed Zero Mission more often I would have noticed, but usually I'm replaying Metroid Fusion.

Last edited:

latinking

Smash Apprentice
Never saw him do that. He never survived for more than 15 seconds in ZM (he doesn't deal enough damage to make it worth dodging his attacks on normal mode)
Well thanks for correcting my oversight. I forgot ZM Ridley had a ground pound. If I replayed Zero Mission more often I would have noticed, but usually I'm replaying Metroid Fusion.
You all should try playing Zero Mission on hard mode, with the lowest amount of items as possible. It's the only way to make the Ridley fight worthwhile, like the video i posted earlier.

I dodge Ridley's spinning tail and pogo tail with the Morph ball. It's tricky, but epic! Any other difficulty or additional items sadly make Zero Mission Ridley the easiest and shortest fight in the game.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You all should try playing Zero Mission on hard mode, with the lowest amount of items as possible. It's the only way to make the Ridley fight worthwhile, like the video i posted earlier.

I dodge Ridley's spinning tail and pogo tail with the Morph ball. It's tricky, but epic! Any other difficulty or additional items sadly make Zero Mission Ridley the easiest and shortest fight in the game.
It sounds interesting, but i don't think i could handle stuff that comes after it (like Mother Brain's wall of projectiles).

As you probably already know, Smash 3 is finally done. There are some things that need to be fixed here and there (like wrong CSPs in Project M version and some missing things in separate downloads like Ness' 9th costume and Zelda's stocks), but other than that, it's finished. So, i prepared something:
MenSelchrChrNm.471.png
MenSelchrChrNmS.048.png

It's not really much of course. I wish i could make stocks, but i still don't understand how that should be done. I would also have a Smash 3 CSS ready for both Ridley...s if i would know how they made those.
k thx bye

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
It's not really much of course. I wish i could make stocks, but i still don't understand how that should be done. I would also have a Smash 3 CSS ready for both Ridley...s if i would know how they made those.
k thx bye
maybe you can talk to Jaystring about the stock icons, he knows how to make them, as for smash 3 CSS there might be a tutorial somewhere on brawl vault maybe

Last edited:

Ridley1994

Smash Cadet
with ridley-x? your poor ears
Ridley X is one of my favorite 2d incarnations, second only to SM Ridley. Also I keep the volume low enough to hear and so my ears don't bleed. Ridley X's shrieks aren't the only ear piercing sounds you have to suffer through, power bombs are even worse in my opinion.

Last edited:

spicywingz

Smash Rookie
Ridley X is one of my favorite 2d incarnations, second only to SM Ridley. Also I keep the volume low enough hear and so my ears don't bleed. Ridley X's shrieks aren't the only ear piercing sounds you have to suffer through, power bombs are even worse in my opinion.
i've never thought power bombs were annoying, but one thing for sure, fusion is hard, and zero mission is a good time, plus it has the original metroid too

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
i don't contribute anything to this thread but i still want to get notified whenever anyone says anything here, is there anyway i can get notified without putting comments.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
i don't contribute anything to this thread but i still want to get notified whenever anyone says anything here, is there anyway i can get notified without putting comments.
You just put down a comment.

spicywingz

Smash Rookie
also, unless someone said asked this earlier, does C ridley's side b stay the same regardless of whether it is on the ground or air?

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
i just re watched the classic ridley video and i have 3 questions
upload_2016-8-12_23-36-13.png
how did this connect.
2.how did this
upload_2016-8-12_23-42-0.png
not kill?
3.could you make ridleys down air send you up higher? being the ness at 0:33 looks like for glory level torture.

Top Bottom