• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
ikr? do what you can dude.

major problem is who's going to host the downloads to PM to play the Ridley and K.Rool mods?
Cut one head and two will take its place. In other words, whatever download link is taken down will be reuploaded more than needed if its worth time spent on reuploading it. It won't be hard to find PM 3.6 reuploaded somewhere.

souphard

Smash Rookie
Cut one head and two will take its place. In other words, whatever download link is taken down will be reuploaded more than needed if its worth time spent on reuploading it. It won't be hard to find PM 3.6 reuploaded somewhere.
hail hydra

Lunchmanalchemist

Smash Cadet
How competitively viable do you think Ridley would be? Since Project M discontinued, this instantly became THE way to enjoy Ridley in a smash game. He's not gonna be removed as a boss and added back in as a character in Smash 4 sadly. This really is the only character IMO that got shafted. I know I've done before kind of subtlely but I cannot praise your work enough. I might even try to add him in with BrawlEx.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
How competitively viable do you think Ridley would be? Since Project M discontinued, this instantly became THE way to enjoy Ridley in a smash game. He's not gonna be removed as a boss and added back in as a character in Smash 4 sadly. This really is the only character IMO that got shafted. I know I've done before kind of subtlely but I cannot praise your work enough. I might even try to add him in with BrawlEx.
Mid tier. Yeah, he is strong and has fancy stuff in the air, but he is big, slow and light. Not that he is ever going to be in tournaments of course.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Idea. What with the leaked builds floating about and Isaac being a a barely playable concept, I wonder if it's possible to port Ridley over him...

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Idea. What with the leaked builds floating about and Isaac being a a barely playable concept, I wonder if it's possible to port Ridley over him...
I can confirm that this is possible. Once I open up the last clone engine slot, expect some fun stuff

However, I'll need someone to make a boss .sawnd file, since I hate working with supersawndz and otherwise, ridley will not have SFX.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
I can confirm that this is possible. Once I open up the last clone engine slot, expect some fun stuff

However, I'll need someone to make a boss .sawnd file, since I hate working with supersawndz and otherwise, ridley will not have SFX.
I made a SFX file for Ridley and Pit to share a soundbank. Pit uses his original sound arrangements from 3.6, while Ridley's sounds go over unused ones in Pit's bank. The PMDT also did this for 3.6 Roy and Mewtwo, who now share soundbanks with Marth and Lucario, respectively.

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez8ztl9o4j2cy0h/10pitandridley36.sawnd?dl=0

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
I made a SFX file for Ridley and Pit to share a soundbank. Pit uses his original sound arrangements from 3.6, while Ridley's sounds go over unused ones in Pit's bank. The PMDT also did this for 3.6 Roy and Mewtwo, who now share soundbanks with Marth and Lucario, respectively.

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez8ztl9o4j2cy0h/10pitandridley36.sawnd?dl=0
So, this is where it gets hairy. Lyn shares a soundbank with Pit now in the dev build, so people who want to keep her in the game will have an issue. If it's not too much to ask, would you mind making a new soundbank that fills in the blank spaces of a different character? If you choose to do it, I'd really appreciate it if you document the SFX IDs of the sounds you ultimately overwrite, since it would make my life SO much easier when I fix Ridley's SFX

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So how possible is it looking to get Ridley (and K. Rool when he's finished) into my PM along with Knuckles and Lyn now that (apparently) the Clone Engine has gone open source?

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
So how possible is it looking to get Ridley (and K. Rool when he's finished) into my PM along with Knuckles and Lyn now that (apparently) the Clone Engine has gone open source?
Patience my friend, patience. It's possible and I know how to do it, but it's a relatively complex manual process done on a per-character basis. I need to make sure that the remaining two slots are safe to use for everyone. I've never noticed any corruption on my end, but I only play VS., so I need to test it out.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Patience my friend, patience. It's possible and I know how to do it, but it's a relatively complex manual process done on a per-character basis. I need to make sure that the remaining two slots are safe to use for everyone. I've never noticed any corruption on my end, but I only play VS., so I need to test it out.
Cheers! I'll be waiting patiently!

I only really play local versus with my friends as well (Hackless) so that's cool by me.

Would love to swap out Isaac for some working PM-friendly mods so I can have the ultimate PM experience with my friends, y'know? :cool:

Rage83

Smash Ace
So, this is where it gets hairy. Lyn shares a soundbank with Pit now in the dev build, so people who want to keep her in the game will have an issue. If it's not too much to ask, would you mind making a new soundbank that fills in the blank spaces of a different character? If you choose to do it, I'd really appreciate it if you document the SFX IDs of the sounds you ultimately overwrite, since it would make my life SO much easier when I fix Ridley's SFX
I would love to, but I can't at the moment. My headset(I have no speakers) have been busted for a while now, so I have no way of hearing the sounds to get them into someone else's soundbank. If anyone wants to help, they can use Super Sawndz to put the soundbank into a BRSAR over Pit's stuff, then they could open the edited BRSAR with Brawlbox to rip the filesize-reduced sounds for Ridley and Pit.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Good to know and i can make one over Meta Ridley. Just a bit later because its kinda late here (and by that i mean its 4:52 AM).

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
This might be an issue - that popped up as playing Knuckles, on classic mode, each attack on Master Hand does one damage. I don't know if it's something that you'll have to address or not, but something you'd probably like to know.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
This might be an issue - that popped up as playing Knuckles, on classic mode, each attack on Master Hand does one damage. I don't know if it's something that you'll have to address or not, but something you'd probably like to know.
Applies to all bosses. The spring however, does full damage.

Boss Bossanova

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1246-9191-9008
To my knowledge, Lyn actually uses Tabuu's soundbank (327.sawnd). Knuckles uses Porky's soundbank (322.sawnd), and Isaac (obviously) has no sounds at all. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Is Ridley being planned to have a custom slot eventually?

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
To my knowledge, Lyn actually uses Tabuu's soundbank (327.sawnd). Knuckles uses Porky's soundbank (322.sawnd), and Isaac (obviously) has no sounds at all. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.
yes, you are correct, as it turns out. Rage83 Rage83 , I know I've asked for this before, but could you please tell me which sounds correspond to Ridley's original sounds in your soundbank? If anyone else wants to take up the task, that would be great as well. It's a daunting enough task to switch out all of ridley's sounds.

Rage83

Smash Ace
yes, you are correct, as it turns out. Rage83 Rage83 , I know I've asked for this before, but could you please tell me which sounds correspond to Ridley's original sounds in your soundbank? If anyone else wants to take up the task, that would be great as well. It's a daunting enough task to switch out all of ridley's sounds.
The're all in the second part of Pit's soundbank(where pit's effect sounds are).

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Maybe I re-downloaded the wrong 2.1 version of the mod or something after I updated to PM 3.6 awhile back, but it freezes on me whenever I try to use Ridley on target test, all-star, event matches, and maybe other things I'm not thinking of, though it was also the case for me on the first two mentioned modes back when I still had PM 3.6 beta. =( Didn't really have those kind of issues with previous versions, but I guess worst case scenario, I can wait to see if those problems disappear with 2.2 whenever it gets finished and released next year...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Is Ridley over Meta Ridley soundbank still needed?

Is Ridley being planned to have a custom slot eventually?
Yes.
Maybe I re-downloaded the wrong 2.1 version of the mod or something after I updated to PM 3.6 awhile back, but it freezes on me whenever I try to use Ridley on target test, all-star, event matches, and maybe other things I'm not thinking of, though it was also the case for me on the first two mentioned modes back when I still had PM 3.6 beta. =( Didn't really have those kind of issues with previous versions, but I guess worst case scenario, I can wait to see if those problems disappear with 2.2 whenever it gets finished and released next year...
I think its because 2.1 was made for beta version or you installed it incorrectly. Need more info on that.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I can confirm this. When I downloaded the Ridley mod, the codes included are for 3.6 Beta and even change it to the beta version.
F***. Well, at least we won't have to worry about this kind of stuff after i'll update codes.
The rar I linked had the SFX wavs for Ridleys voice, if that was what you were looking for.
Turns out i already ripped them, so, its done: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7us3wd73qr9iy5h/326.sawnd?dl=0 I don't remember what and where i put here, but half of his roars are missing here anyway.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros I know you're busy, starting to working on other things (I'm super hyped for the K. Rool and Metal Face mods!), but the OP of this thread says there will be a BrawlEx port for Ridley some time in the future, and has said that ever since this mod first released.

Are you currently trying to figure that out, or is it a low priority "I'll get to it later" kinda thing?

Just wondering, as I'm starting to get into homebrew Brawl stuff, and I'm going to start working on my custom build using BrawlEx, and I'd love to have your Ridley on there.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros I know you're busy, starting to working on other things (I'm super hyped for the K. Rool and Metal Face mods!), but the OP of this thread says there will be a BrawlEx port for Ridley some time in the future, and has said that ever since this mod first released.

Are you currently trying to figure that out, or is it a low priority "I'll get to it later" kinda thing?

Just wondering, as I'm starting to get into homebrew Brawl stuff, and I'm going to start working on my custom build using BrawlEx, and I'd love to have your Ridley on there.
The problem with that kind of stuff is that you have to constantly update both versions and its not very fun to do. There is a BrawlEx port already (just needs to have GFX and SFX fixed), but its outdated. So, this is "eh, maybe later" kind of thing.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros About my question earlier, how will EX work on P:M? There was mod called Project M XP which was gonna have support with that, but when they finally had that implemented, the DT disbanded and XP closed (saltiest decision IMO).

Top Bottom