• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unlocking characters/stages

Ninja_

Smash Rookie
Hey, I am new to melee and recently purchased the game. I was wondering if there was any faster way to get all of the characters and stages. I don't really care about unlocking trophies/music.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I am new to melee and recently purchased the game. I was wondering if there was any faster way to get all of the characters and stages. I don't really care about unlocking trophies/music.
We got a 1-player section for this, so I'll just move it over there.

Otherwise, the thread mentioned is pretty good.

-Dubs

Smash Cadet
Follow the guide posted by Monkley6, but don't forget to hit 1,350 ft in Home-Run Contest to unlock Yoshi's Island 64. The guide left that part out.

Ninja_

Smash Rookie
Follow the guide posted by Monkley6, but don't forget to hit 1,350 ft in Home-Run Contest to unlock Yoshi's Island 64. The guide left that part out.
I'm following that guide right now, thanks.

The Young Izzy Iz

Smash Apprentice
If you have a Wii you can download a completed save from Gamefaqs onto a flash drive, then transfer the save from the flash drive to the memory card through the homebrew channel. (You have to do something similiar to this to play Project M anyway, so getting familiar with the homebrew channel is good because you'll probably use it again.)

Alternatively if you have a friend with the game you can load their save file, swap your memory cards, then save the data onto yours.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
What I did i have a action replay (Kind of a game genie or a game shark for GameCube) And look of the list of codes available where it said's unlock character and stages. You need the action replay memory card that came with it also you only do this in a original GameCube it wont work on Wii sadly. I used this when my bro deleted my file with everything unlocked. Or just get a action replay new versions of it without a memory card much easier and it works on Wii think it cost like 20 bucks on eBay, I hope I helped.

Last edited:

Segnifs

Smash Cadet
Do 1 stock matches then jump off the edge and repeat, you can unlock all characters in 1 - 2 days.

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
Follow the guide. Otherwise just playing the game in multiplayer unlocks every character eventually (every character have a "play X amount of matches" unlock you can choose to go for).

Face of /b/

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0233-1984-3567
Do 1 stock matches then jump off the edge and repeat, you can unlock all characters in 1 - 2 days.
Dude, nice Smash Wii U memes.

Edit: I know it's possible and you were probably serious, but this method is way too tedious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom