• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unlockable Alternate Costumes?

TheCraigadile

Smash Rookie
Would you like unlockable alternate costumes?
Personally, I feel like unlockable costumes would be really fun. They would give us even more to work towards on top of the characters.
They could either be unlocked via in-game currency, by beating a certain mode or playing as a certain character. Heck, I'd be down with lootboxes (that don’t use real money) or even DLC (like the Mii costume packs.
Maybe each would come with 3 alternate colours? So, for example, Ocarina of Time Link would come with the standard green as well as 3 others, so perhaps red, blue and purple.
What Alternate Costumes would you like? Personally, I would like an Ocarina of Time costume for Link, an Outset Island outfit, and a Fusion Suit for Samus.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I feel like this thread has already been done...

D

Deleted member

Yea, I would like this! But I do think there is a thread already like this if im not mistaken.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
No. For one, less than eight right off the bat for each character breaks the game as you can't do eight of the same fighter battling it out.

Also, I feel like there's no need for the extra costumes besides the eight we already have per character. They're nice enough as it is.

D

Deleted member

I would like the Samus Returns Varia and Grvavity suits.

Uffe

Smash Hero
It would be a cool features in Ultimate. As long as they don't give buffs and nerfs to the character, because then you couldn't use them in tourneys.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Absolutely (Been wanting this feature in the game since day 1 of Smash Ultimate's Announcement)!

In fact! Here some of the costumes I want to see as unlock-able content!

#1. Ness- Either Robot Ness Or Ness Wearing His Pajama's (Both Are From Earthbound/Mother 2)

#2. King K. Rool- Either Him Wearing His Boxing Outfit (From Donkey Kong 64) Or Baron K. Roolenstein (From Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!)

#3. Cloud Strife- Either His Appearance From Kingdom Hearts 1 Or Cloud Wearing A Shinra Guard/Soldier Outfit (From Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII)

#4. Chrom- Either Great Lord Chrom (From Fire Emblem: Awakening) Or Knight Exalt Chrom (From Fire Emblem Heroes)

#5. Simon Belmont- Either Him Wearing His Red Knight's Armor (From Castlevania II: Simon's Quest) Or His Appearance From Castlevania Chronicles (The 2001 Playstation 1 Video Game)

#6. Isabelle- Either Her Wearing A Yellow Rain jacket and Hat (From Animal Crossing: New Leaf) Or Isabelle Wearing Her Green Kimono (As Seen On Her #215 Amiibo Card)

#7. Sonic The Hedgehog- Either Sonic Wearing Link's Green Tunic (From The Sonic Lost World Zelda Zone DLC Map) Or Classic Sonic (From Sonic Generations)

#8. Captain Falcon- Either His Retro Appearance From The F-Zero SNES Instruction Manual Comic Book Or Captain Falcon Without His Helmet (From F-Zero X)

#9. Bowser- Either Moon Wedding Bowser (From Super Mario Odyssey) Or Dry Bowser (From New Super Mario Bros.)

#10. Dark Samus- Either Her Metroid Prime 2 Concept Art (Spiky Armored Dark Samus) Or 3 Eyed Visible Skull/Skeleton Dark Samus (Her Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Concept Art)

TheCraigadile

Smash Rookie
Absolutely (Been wanting this feature in the game since day 1 of Smash Ultimate's Announcement)!

In fact! Here some of the costumes I want to see as unlock-able content!

#1. Ness- Either Robot Ness Or Ness Wearing His Pajama's (Both Are From Earthbound/Mother 2)

#2. King K. Rool- Either Him Wearing His Boxing Outfit (From Donkey Kong 64) Or Baron K. Roolenstein (From Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!)

#3. Cloud Strife- Either His Appearance From Kingdom Hearts 1 Or Cloud Wearing A Shinra Guard/Soldier Outfit (From Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII)

#4. Chrom- Either Great Lord Chrom (From Fire Emblem: Awakening) Or Knight Exalt Chrom (From Fire Emblem Heroes)

#5. Simon Belmont- Either Him Wearing His Red Knight's Armor (From Castlevania II: Simon's Quest) Or His Appearance From Castlevania Chronicles (The 2001 Playstation 1 Video Game)

#6. Isabelle- Either Her Wearing A Yellow Rain jacket and Hat (From Animal Crossing: New Leaf) Or Isabelle Wearing Her Green Kimono (As Seen On Her #215 Amiibo Card)

#7. Sonic The Hedgehog- Either Sonic Wearing Link's Green Tunic (From The Sonic Lost World Zelda Zone DLC Map) Or Classic Sonic (From Sonic Generations)

#8. Captain Falcon- Either His Retro Appearance From The F-Zero SNES Instruction Manual Comic Book Or Captain Falcon Without His Helmet (From F-Zero X)

#9. Bowser- Either Moon Wedding Bowser (From Super Mario Odyssey) Or Dry Bowser (From New Super Mario Bros.)

#10. Dark Samus- Either Her Metroid Prime 2 Concept Art (Spiky Armored Dark Samus) Or 3 Eyed Visible Skull/Skeleton Dark Samus (Her Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Concept Art)
Great ideas! I would love Baron K. Roolenstein.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Costumes I would like to see:

:ultzelda:: Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, Hyrule Warriors
:ultganondorf:: Twilight Princess, Hyrule Warriors
:ultbowser:: Dry Bowser, Dark Bowser
:ultmewtwo:: Armored Mewtwo
:ultpeach:: Shadow Queen Peach
:ultluigi:: Mr. L

I would add K. Rool's personas on the list, but I don't think it's very likely to happen because of K. Rool's side special.

Top Bottom