• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University Research, Interviewees Needed!

Tarnhold

Smash Rookie
Hello, my name is Tyler Arnhold and I am a student at DePaul University in Chicago. Currently I am in a Virtual Worlds & Online Communities course in which we choose to research this website. I am IRB certified to legally perform the required interviews, and I must ask that you only agree if you are 18+ to avoid parental consent and the sort. Basically if you agree, we schedule a date, go on Skype, and I interview you solely about your experiences on this site. In no way are we looking to provide a negative outlook upon the site, we are just researching how it functions as a community. ALL information in the interview will be kept private. No names, usernames, regions, or any other personal information will be used in our report.

Also, the questions only cover experiences with the site. Nothing about real life or the sort for anyone wondering. It mainly covers why you joined, what has your time here been like, viewpoint on the community, etc. I am open to a text conversation on Skype or if you want a video interview.

If you have any questions or would like to be one of the THREE participants, please email me at Quetzalty@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
If you get an admin's approval, I, and most likely others, will feel more comfortable doing this since you're collecting personal information. I know you sent a message to alpha. You might want to try some others (or wait and see if he gets back to you). Some more information on the types of question you'll be asking would help as well.

Tarnhold

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I'm doing the best I can. Hylian had told me to ask the owner so I left a message there as well. Since I'm legally certified and it is strictly focused on this one website, I think I should be okay in the long run. As for the questions, they just range from why you wanted to join, to how you view it as a community. Nothing really regarding real life or anything like that.

(Added this to initial post as well for a bit more clarification)

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I recommend holding off on the bumping a bit. People will hop on if they're interested, don't worry. I also think you may find more success by asking elsewhere as well in addition to here; maybe you could even talk to some of the veteran staff? They'd have a clear idea on how this community as a whole functions.

Tarnhold

Smash Rookie
I left posts on most of the admin profiles. Hylian told me to ask the owner and Sveet told me of a tournament about 2 hours away. I unfortunately couldn't make it to the tournament today at EXP Gaming. I'm just becoming a bit desperate because I'm running low on time.

Tarnhold

Smash Rookie
Also, the questions only cover experiences with the site. Nothing about real life or the sort for anyone wondering. It mainly covers why you joined, what has your time here been like, viewpoint on the community, etc. I am open to a text conversation on Skype or if you want a video interview.

Top Bottom