• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unity Ruleset discussion

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
You like Norfair as ROB? Personally, I don't like it. He's not bad on there, but the characters who would actually bring him there are better than him, and ROB can't really bring anyone besides D3 or Diddy there effectively.

Personally, I like PS2 as ROB. None of the transformations really hurt him, and he can float infinitely on the air stage using dair. :awesome:

Also, D3 and Diddy are both probably not the greatest on PS2, so we can just bring them there instead of Norfair.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Norfair is amazing for ROB, and terrible for lots of other chars. It's also my favorite ROB ditto stage, just don't CP against wario or marth.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
I guess I don't have much practice on it to really think it's that good for him, then. It's barely ever legal around here.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
I like a bigger stagelist. Would've liked to see japes and PTAD on that list, but I don't think PTAD will ever have much chance...
and I don't understand why

I agree that norfair would be nice to have, but I'd be switching to Pikachu there probally. :awesome: I do like it as ROB still though.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I haven't had much time nor been in the mood (bad week) to check the rule list out. I will later tonight tho and I'll comment on it. I can already say that I wish we'd try out a 10 min timer tho

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Norfair is amazing for ROB, and terrible for lots of other chars. It's also my favorite ROB ditto stage, just don't CP against wario or marth.
If there was more of one flat, consistent stage for Norfair, then I'd probably like it more. I'm not a great fan of approaching from ledges a lot with ROB. I like my space to work with and reset. But hey, this could just be my bias kicking in due to my playstyle. But to pile on top of it, the fact that one of the stage "accessories" covers the entire (I'll use this a bit loosely) playing field (the lava fall), really irks me about it too. Granted, you are warned when it's going to happen...but it's soooo annoying when it happens about 4 - 7 times a match. At least on a stage like picto, delfino, etc, you can learn the cycles and plan ahead. Also I feel it hurts our top play a little.

That's my main reasoning for not enjoying the stage.

That starterlist is a joke.
Diddy Kong ftw
As long as it doesn't get struck to FD, I'm happy xD

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Mr Eric, you gotta camp on norfair. If you can stay on the bottom corners of the map and spam stuff there's not much people can do about it. The fact that gyro bounces on lava is amazing. Approaching people below you is just not smart.

And like I said, the hazards are WAY more telegraphed than picto, ROB is good at forcing people into stuff.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Mr Eric, you gotta camp on norfair. If you can stay on the bottom corners of the map and spam stuff there's not much people can do about it. The fact that gyro bounces on lava is amazing. Approaching people below you is just not smart.

And like I said, the hazards are WAY more telegraphed than picto, ROB is good at forcing people into stuff.
Like I said, I'm probably saying this with bias due to my playstyle.

I still feel like ROBs camping game is not strong at all. Yeah, setting the gyro up for stage crontrol (for example, letting it bounce off the lava like you said) is a good tool, but simply spamming two slow *** projectiles...I don't think I'll ever be convinced that that's going to work at high levels of play. Maybe to people who just haven't quite figured it out yet..but seriously, it's so easy to see our spam coming lol. Maybe that's just me tho xD

Also you can learn the transformations (iirc) on picto,... at least it doesnt turn the entire screen into a potential kill move.
yeah im salty! wuts up!?

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
I still feel like ROBs camping game is not strong at all. Yeah, setting the gyro up for stage crontrol (for example, letting it bounce off the lava like you said) is a good tool, but simply spamming two slow *** projectiles...I don't think I'll ever be convinced that that's going to work at high levels of play. Maybe to people who just haven't quite figured it out yet..but seriously, it's so easy to see our spam coming lol. Maybe that's just me tho xD
Agreeing with this.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
As long as it doesn't get struck to FD, I'm happy xD
I still don't think we lose to Diddy on FD. I know you mentioned ROBs poor camping (and I can agree, but it is an annoyance) but if we stay outside of his glidetoss range he can't really do anything to our camping on FD. If he tries to set up a nanner you can set a gyro on top of it to make it hard for him to access. Not to mention it still seems like we control nanners better than he does in general....

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
certainly, cubone. there's a time and a place to camp. even I do it as much as I'm against it. but it's knowing when it's best to "camp" and when it's best to say "beep this" and fight. I feel like camping should be more centered around resetting and stage control than an overall dmg dealer. sure we have our gtfo moves that we can hassle an opponent with until they finally figure out how to get inside, once that happens, I encourage any robot main to be the aggressor and show them who's boss if they're able to do so.
-enters rambling mode-
this is when rob's endgame becomes so beepin difficult to develop. this is a big reason i stay so...i guess you could say... mobile. i just need better work at controlling my robot and knowing when and where to overwhelm an opponent. I have one month of college left this semester, and you bet your sweet gyro that I will do all I can to polish up my rob's playstyle. I hope to introduce and inspire more people to explore rob's potential and not center themselves around a passive/campy approach.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
YES!

someone else understands

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i still believe a passive playstyle is best =] but y'all can beep around the stage to ur hearts content lolol

Top Bottom