• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unique surprise features

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
What if, like Lucario every char has an unique secret not told in the manual but that come out if you play the game (like Lucario, that is the only char whous might grows proportionally to his damage)?
Samples:
If Sonic takes the Metal box he transforms into Metal Sonic.
If Mario and Yoshi fights in the same team Mario can climb on Yoshi.
If Fox and Captain Falcon fights in the same team they get human James Mc. Cloud as AT every time, and only them two.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that would be a really nice touch, as long as it doesn't drastically change gameplay.

:phone:

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a cool idea, like if Ganondorf or Zelda team with Toon Link, they turn into Toon Ganon & Toon Zelda, would not be mad at that

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Sounds like a cool idea, like if Ganondorf or Zelda team with Toon Link, they turn into Toon Ganon & Toon Zelda, would not be mad at that
Uhmmm... That would be too much radical. Don't you think so?
I meant something more subtle like, say: If sonic gets the smash ball when he has at least 150% of damage, instead of Super Sonic he turns into Weresonic. Why? Because 150% of damage makes Sonic angry and Sonic SMASHES!!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think it should just be in the form of aethetic changes, nothing that changes the gameplay. Like, specific matchup entrances for teams or if certain characters are to face each other (i.e. Mario vs. Sonic), voice clips, victory taunts, etc. Just little extra attention to details that only serve to enhance the experience.

Basically, I'd like to see them take BlazBlue's way of implementing the story into the fights with dialogue.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think it should just be in the form of aethetic changes, nothing that changes the gameplay. Like, specific matchup entrances for teams or if certain characters are to face each other (i.e. Mario vs. Sonic), voice clips, victory taunts, etc. Just little extra attention to details that only serve to enhance the experience.

Basically, I'd like to see them take BlazBlue's way of implementing the story into the fights with dialogue.
Agreed. Like, for instance,

• if Yoshi and Mario team up, their entrance could be Mario riding onto the stage on Yoshi. Or flying onto the stage on Yoshi. However you want to look at it.
  • Mario vs. Bowser entrances could be a dramatic staredown. Possibly with a higher chance of vs. Bowser boss music playing :p
  • If Toon Link bests Ganondorf in a stamina match (only), Ganondorf turns to stone :D
  • A two Yoshi team entrance could be one Yoshi hatching from an egg laid by the other one! ...If that's not too inappropriate for silly people.
  • Pokemon Trainer v. Any of the Pokemon characters invoke a dialog box in the start of the match during the countdown that say "A wild _____ appeared!" or "Rival wants to battle!" if it's another Pokemon Trainer.
  • If Kirby beats Meta Knight in stamina mode, MK's mask splits in half, revealing his face briefly, before MK warps away, like in the Kirby games.

Just some ideas.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Mario's footstool does damage.
Too easy, can't believe it's not been suggested.
I approve of this thread, sir.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
It's still far-fetched,Toon Zelda's proportion would be wrong or she would be a weaker range Zelda.
What I meant. Thought, I have nothing against a Toon Zelda as a character, as long as she turns into Tetra rather than in Toon Sheik. But that's another thread.

I think it should just be in the form of aethetic changes, nothing that changes the gameplay.
Well, Lucario's peculiarity did influence the gameplay, but not in a bad manner. And so did Samus peculiarity. Not to mention Zelda-Sheik's peculiarity.
If, for example, Barbara The Bat's kiss-hold will reduce her damage while damagaing her opponent (basically she sucks his energy like a vampire, before blowing him out) that would be fine as well. Don't you think so?
And well, these are pretty evident but there might be peculiarities that are more secret, and of which we get a hint by talking to the background chars in the story mode.

Top Bottom