• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unidentified Item Found in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

New_Item.png

Thanks to a new promotional video for the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Wendy’s College Tailgate Tour which came out October 25th, 2018, a unidentified item in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has been discovered. This item comes with potential spoilers about the game’s roster, so please only continue reading if you’re comfortable with spoilers, and if you’re ready, have a look at the promotional video below.

Did you catch it? Either way...

sprout in a bubble.png

It’s this little plant in a bubble! The item you see above has been the subject of much speculation, and there’s many possibilities of what this thing could be. For starters, it’s been pointed out that there’s a visual resemblance between this item’s apparent sprout and the Healing Field item in Smash Ultimate. While the Healing Field ultimately has a different appearance than this item, it also has a green plant etched into it's design, so it’s a possibility that this item is related to it and/or is the Healing Field item in a form we haven’t seen yet. The Healing Field isn’t the only similar looking thing that’s already in Smash, the icon for low item frequency in Super Smash Bros. for Wii-U is also an sprout and sports a relatively similar design as well.

Perhaps most importantly though, this mystery item also bears a striking resemblance to something from a series that’s been highly speculated to be a part of Smash Ultimate; Growth Psynergy from the Golden Sun franchise! Growth Psynergy is a recurring attack and utility move throughout the Golden Sun series, and is represented in Golden Sun by... you guessed it, a green sprout! If this is truly Growth Psynergy, perhaps we could see Isaac or Matthew from Golden Sun as a playable character in Smash Ultimate? Only time will tell.

All Item Chart.png

For reference, number 1 is the Healing Field, number 2 is the low item frequency icon in Smash Wii-U, and number 3 is Growth Psynergy from Golden Sun.

Author’s note: What do you think of this new item, do you think it’s related to any of the above suggestions, something else, or are you too busy trying to steal Christmas to even think about it?

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Healing Field: multiple person regen over time field that you pick up and throw
This item: Single person regen over time pickup that you "absorb" like a maxim tomato

I suspect it's worth pinching a grain of salt regarding Isaac... just because we got Rathalos, doesn't automatically mean we get a Monster Hunter, after all.

it could be something from Golden Sun, or, for all we know it could be a Leech Seed from the Pokemon series if I wanted to stretch the imagination... I'm just saying don't make any expectations and stick to them, not that I cared too much to speculate, I prefer to keep myself busy instead of going insane with waiting for this game alone.

Makes some sense. I hate to say this, but a lot of leakers seem to think Issac from Golden Sun is coming to Smash. Take that with a pinch of salt, though.

Makes some sense. I hate to say this, but a lot of leakers seem to think Issac from Golden Sun is coming to Smash. Take that with a pinch of salt, though.
Then again though, Sakurai usually does things for a good reason. Look at the décor of where the first Smash Direct was held, with the barrels and wood; the next Direct gave us K.Rool.

View attachment 173136

Thanks to a new promotional video for the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Wendy’s College Tailgate Tour which came out October 25th, 2018, a unidentified item in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has been discovered. This item comes with potential spoilers about the game’s roster, so please only continue reading if you’re comfortable with spoilers, and if you’re ready, have a look at the promotional video below.

Did you catch it? Either way...

View attachment 173138

It’s this little plant in a bubble! The item you see above has been the subject of much speculation, and there’s many possibilities of what this thing could be. For starters, it’s been pointed out that there’s a visual resemblance between this item’s apparent sprout and the Healing Field item in Smash Ultimate. While the Healing Field ultimately has a different appearance than this item, it also has a green plant etched into it's design, so it’s a possibility that this item is related to it and/or is the Healing Field item in a form we haven’t seen yet. The Healing Field isn’t the only similar looking thing that’s already in Smash, the icon for low item frequency in Super Smash Bros. for Wii-U is also an sprout and sports a relatively similar design as well.

Perhaps most importantly though, this mystery item also bears a striking resemblance to something from a series that’s been highly speculated to be a part of Smash Ultimate; Growth Psynergy from the Golden Sun franchise! Growth Psynergy is a recurring attack and utility move throughout the Golden Sun series, and is represented in Golden Sun by... you guessed it, a green sprout! If this is truly Growth Psynergy, perhaps we could see Isaac or Matthew from Golden Sun as a playable character in Smash Ultimate? Only time will tell.

View attachment 173137

For reference, number 1 is the Healing Field, number 2 is the low item frequency icon in Smash Wii-U, and number 3 is Growth Psynergy from Golden Sun.

Author’s note: What do you think of this new item, do you think it’s related to any of the above suggestions, something else, or are you too busy trying to steal Christmas to even think about it?
Rest in peace, Isaac´s chances of getting in smash

Top Bottom