• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ungrabable state?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
wondering if anyone made any progress as to what exactly makes giga bowser immune to grabs OR what makes someone unable to be grabbed while in grab animation. and if its possible, to apply it during another action state such as walk/run/fair etc...

Punkline Punkline , youre the only one who I would think who would know anything about it. not sure if achilles would evem respond to a tag

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
@flieskiller taught me about this flag in his version of a code request we both fulfilled in different ways~

From the looks of it, it's located in bit 0x80 of byte 0x222A of the internal player data. I believe you can toggle it in a code like this:

# r31 = internal player data BA

lbz r3, 0x222A(r31)
ori r3, r3, 0x80
stb r3, 0x222A(r31) # toggle on

lbz r3, 0x222A(r31)
andi. r3, r3, 0x7F
stb r3, 0x222A(r31) # toggle off

---

Applying it to specific action states would likely run into an interrupt problem if not done in a way that applies to each action state change, since I don't think the flag gets reset between state changes.

So the way I'd go about it is to write an injection in the action state change function that toggles the flag on when it finds that the passed ASID matches something you want to make immune to grabs--and off in else cases.

I could write an example if you like. What would your full list of action states include? Also, are you looking to do this to all characters, or just a particular one?

Last edited:
Top Bottom