• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unexplored Ness Tech?

blue_flavored

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blueflavored
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXCj860Ii1A

Frame Cancel Kill Confirm

Video Description:

Additional notes:
I used the "Combo" indicator in Training Mode to determine if the up air follow up was a true combo for different percents. I have no clue how viable these kill percents are outside of Training Mode since there was no DI and since I have to one to lab with I can't do much myself.

Hopefully this will inspire a couple people to lab and help the Ness community have a better idea on how valuable this combo is.

Also, if you're wondering about the heart containers, I forgot that rage isn't a thing in Training Mode xD

Characters I tested this on while on Smashville:
Bayo, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Captain Falcon, Cloud, Corrin (after recording), Fox, and Mario

The combo did not kill on Bowser,, BJr, or Mario and it only seemed to work on Corrin for one specific %, can't remember it but I didn't lab it that long so I could be wrong.

Last edited:

_clinton

Smash Master
I've known that uair can combo into itself for a bit actually.

From even starting a double jump and then hitting another uair at low % while in the double jump for an easy 25% or so at 30-40% and on. and while this is cool it doesn't really work that well imo.

Stale moves is the main issue. The 2nd uair is weakended cause of it and doesn't really work that well.

Granted low ceiling stages really make this more useful. And it does make it easier to slap on more damage so this is still useful.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
largest factors that make this unviable is rage, stale moves and DI. Good (or even bad) DI / Vectoring negates this in actual play.
It's decent on a fresh stock though.

Top Bottom