• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Undertale Mafia, 13 man! Game over! Town wins!

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Yeah Dietz generally not being around was super lame. Ryu and I had at least one opportunity to get an alpha strike for a quick win but we never caught each other at the same time due to time zone differences. Could've sealed the deal on D3 or so. :059:
God forbid you win and end the game. ;)

"Huh? WHY am I still doing this? Don't you get it? This is all just a GAME. If you leave the underground satisfied, you'll "win" the game. If you "win", you won't want to "play" with me anymore. And what would I do then?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AndThenWhat
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AndThenWhat

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This is the slowest post game of all time..............

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I feel like life decided to kick me in the face directly after this game ended because I got super busy. Here's the post I meant to make the other day.

Ran - I think you did pretty well for the position you were put in, and I have to say that even without the claim I probably would have read you as town. You tried so hard to get this game moving instead of allowing it to stagnate like it kept trying to, so I definitely give you props for that. I know I was getting pretty exhausted with this game at some points, but you just kept on trying. And, no worries about you pushing for Chibo. If I didn't have a more or less gut feeling that Gheb was scum, I would have looked more at Chibo. Let's play again and keeping being town buddies, yeah?

Chibo - I'd love to play a game with you when you have more time! Good luck with everything that's keeping you busy!

Gheb - I think you were right on my read on you coming down to PoE, but I don't think I even realized it at the time. You had a pretty darn good play, and if everything had lined up with you and Ran and Dietz you all probably could have won the game. You are so hard to read sometimes and I think that helped you in making it to the end of the game, and you're such an interesting player to read.

Joey - I wish you could have been in the game more, but I get that life happens. I hope everything is going well, and I wish you luck with it all!

Kanty - You got NK'd so early on :( You had a good play, especially dealing with all that pressure so early on in the game. Sorry for reading you as scum.

J - Sorry for not trying more to combat your lynch more. I definitely need to get over my nervousness about playing with you; I think you just scare me as a player because you can be so good as scum but also good as town. We won though! Thank you for getting me back into mafia and for convincing me to play this game. Next time we play together, I hope we both make it further than D1/D2.

Koops - The thing I most remember is you sticking it out D1 despite everything that was going on and the pressure on you, so props for that. Being modkilled sucks, but I hope I get to play with you again soon.

Spak - Whenever I did a re-read, it just occurred to me more and more how town you seemed, so definitely good job on that. Also, I wish we could have seen your PR in play. That would have been really neat.

Rake - Sorry for all that pressure I put on you D1 and for reading you as scum for so long. If I hadn't done that I probably could have saved you that one night. I'll try to do better next time.

JD - I feel bad that we lynched you when you weren't really here to defend yourself, but that was just the best/only time to really do that, so I hope there are no hard feelings. It was fun playing with you, though!

Kary - I need to work on being able to re-consider my reads without having that feeling that my previous read might still be right. Your play D1 and D2 made me really think you might be scum, but moving on from there, you were seeming so towny to me but I think I was still biased for no reason.

Red Ryu - I think what really got you was consistently pushing for Ran but not at the same time. When you were posting about other people I had a hard time reading you as scum, but that one-track mind was your downfall. The fact that we didn't find you until later in the game speaks to you doing something right.

In general, just... thanks to everyone, and especially Bardull, for making this game happen. The flavor is amazing, and the game itself was fun, and a little stressful at times, but I definitely enjoyed it.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I wanna let Bardull write his thoughts about the set-up first, but I helped him build the entire thing, so I'm also down to talk about it once he's done. I'm the one who came up with the Indy linked Survivor, the Wiretap, and the BP!Bodyguard, the wiretap being something I plan on keeping around for other set-ups.

:186:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
What is there to say? The game dragged out like a record played at half speed. It was awful.

Thumbs up: Sang, Gheb, Ranmaru, Kantrip, J

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb - I think you were right on my read on you coming down to PoE, but I don't think I even realized it at the time. You had a pretty darn good play, and if everything had lined up with you and Ran and Dietz you all probably could have won the game. You are so hard to read sometimes and I think that helped you in making it to the end of the game, and you're such an interesting player to read.
I don't know why you're not more confident in your play. There's no reason for you to not be. You seemed to restrain yourself unnecessarily almost every time I was around to post. The only time you really had things go your way was when you lynched Dietz ... when I wasn't there. You should be a lot more influental.

I wanna let Bardull write his thoughts about the set-up first, but I helped him build the entire thing, so I'm also down to talk about it once he's done. I'm the one who came up with the Indy linked Survivor, the Wiretap, and the BP!Bodyguard, the wiretap being something I plan on keeping around for other set-ups.
Indy Survivor is bad and BP!Bodyguard should not be a thing.

Hmu on Skype if you wanna talk about the Wiretrap, I really dig the idea behind it and think you could do tons of cool stuff with it.

:059:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
What am I thinking? I never posted celebratory music. Here ya go:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Sorry guys, was busy. Literally worked three 12-hour days in a row over the weekend in SF.

Randomly assorted general thoughts:

Tons of inactivity, tons of replacements, tons of odd plays, this game was just...well, I guess it happens every so often. Maybe it was the flavor, or lack of outwardly abundant interesting mechanics, or perhaps it really was a roster issue. Maybe I should have stuck to my "All-PR" game philosophy...I probably will for next time, but will talk to peeps about balancing it.

Scum could have easily won the game many times, so of course many of us in the green room were shocked to see them lose. Never seen Town come back from such a deficit, let alone see scum throw the game to such a degree. Granted, time zones seemed to have really affected scum's ability to win the game through alpha strikes, so it seems like it was just a matter of bad luck.

Was annoyed that Joey shoved himself on the guillotine and let himself go. It would have made for a very interesting role had he played to his win-con. Honestly don't know how to respond to this action except shake my head at Joey. I'm not upset about it anymore though :p

Was also annoyed that Soup, having already replaced out, came in and claimed for the slot he was already replacing out of. IDK, I see the Town motivations of claiming in that slot's position, but I was already seeking replacement for his slot, so he should not have been posting to begin with. It really prevented Ranmaru from utilizing his role the way it was meant to be used; had Soup not claimed what his role was, JDietz probably would not have roleblocked Ranmaru, and Ranmaru would have been able to pair his results with Rake's results. I guess it's possible his slot could have been lynched on the same day if he hadn't claimed, but this is basically impossible because Joey confirmed himself scum and doomed his slot to a lynch.

Very appreciative of the players that played this game out to its full length. Instead of just giving the faction that won some months of premium, I'll just give it to people who stuck it out. It should be in effect soon enough.

Big thanks to Laundry-Chan for helping me build the set-up. Very fun roles came from the collab.

Thoughts on set up:

I thought it was a cool set up with some cool mechanics. Mafia was guaranteed the ability to kill anyone in the game with the strongman (even piercing Sang's BP). Gheb's role allowed his team to work around the investigatives, and JDietz's role allowed the scum team to render the investigatives and bodyguard useless. It seemed fairly well balanced as a team.

Town had the body guard, two fairly unique investigative roles that needed each other to be truly effective, the Night Vigilante (was restricted so that they couldn't shoot N1) and the lynch-stumper role, which I figured would be an interesting role to try out for this game. I feel like the lynch-stumper was too hard to successfully pull off though and should have been buffed significantly, but that's perhaps for another time. Anyway, I thought Town was well balanced with the propensity to screw itself over (which it essentially did, but scum didn't capitalize enough on this enough.)

Indy was cool in concept, was disappointed entirely by how it was played. Bad Joey, bad >=[

I'll refrain from individual shout outs, but the players that played well and stuck it out should know of their own accord how they did.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'll refrain from individual shout outs, but the players that played well and stuck it out should know of their own accord how they did.
That's the best part! I was looking forward to that broski.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
where is the scum qt
where is the dead qt

no fun when we can't give those out anymore

Top Bottom