• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Undertale Mafia, 13 man! Game over! Town wins!

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
A grudge from 3-4 years ago which you use to always kill me since. You also NK'd me the last game we were in together soooooo yeah.
:D Well, you know me. Also, you just scare me as a player in general, so... :|

~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ Is the gamefaqs thing the only thing that's stuck out to you about Spak's posts? Please explain, regardless.

#HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup Cool, I'll ask again in a few pages then (well, try to)

Kantrip Kantrip if you think that J's questions for Rake are pointless routes of questioning, where else/what else do you think can be done to facilitate conversation and get reads from people? You seem to be interested in questioning other people but you are dismissing this very quickly (maybe too quickly).

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kantrip Kantrip if you think that J's questions for Rake are pointless routes of questioning, where else/what else do you think can be done to facilitate conversation and get reads from people? You seem to be interested in questioning other people but you are dismissing this very quickly (maybe too quickly).
I've made a couple lines of questioning but I don't want to clog up the thread and make everything about me. Other people need to interact too.

As for J, I decided it was better to just let Rake respond and see what J has to say about that rather than spelling it out for him. I'll probably learn more that way.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I dunno about Spak. I guess I don't really have a problem with him coming across a bit more laid back than usual but that whole gamefaqs story he was talking about really looks like ... he's trying a bit too hard? That may not be the right way to put it but I can't find any better word for it atm. He really just seemed to mention it for the sake of looking like he's taking things super easy and I don't remember him that way.
SangfroidWarrior SangfroidWarrior

This post sums up what I think about Spak right now. Not sure what more you want me to explain.

:059:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
:D Well, you know me. Also, you just scare me as a player in general, so... :|
Right back attcha. Now let's move away from our usual fear of each other and discuss some things. Kanty seems weird to me this game. What do you make of him? You lightly touched this and I want to talk it more with someone.

What do you make of Rake and what he has posted thus far? Then I'd like to talk Adam (tHe-Man's) large post too.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Lol. Alright then Gheb. I was asking if there was anything else besides that but I'm not in the mood to deal with that right now.

Kantrip, you can facilitate people interacting without it focusing on you, but I understand where you're coming from. As for the second thing, that's definitely not how it seemed like it to me. As I said, it just seemed like you were attempting to shut down a conversation, both of J and Rake along with J and you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
As I said, it just seemed like you were attempting to shut down a conversation, both of J and Rake along with J and you.
I agree with this, which is why I am thinking Kanty is a bit off. That's what I mean by weird/why I am asking you about him in particular.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I was attempting to call J out for asking a rhetorical question because it looked pointless and like it would lead nowhere. I still hold this opinion, but when I asked J about it he insisted that he thinks Rake can give him an answer that will satisfy him. Rather than continue to push the issue I decided to just let him wait for Rake's answer.

That's not to say I'm satisfied, but rather I'm not going to get anywhere banging my head against a wall so I'll wait for Rake to answer J before I proceed.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Soup, since Duncan is m.i.a., I will have you be our Man-At-Arms, but first let's level. Regarding everything you have discussed, has anything been solid and if so, what has? If the purpose was to get out of RVS, then feel free to follow your prince. The drought is over.
Nothing too much to note, "Adam." I will say that right after you post the interaction between Kantrip/J is the most interesting thing thus far. Kantrip's attitude is especially important here and it feels like he's putting up a front with J, which is, coincidentially, more what Kantrip does as town. Outside of the meta realm I'm not seeing much a problem from his responses either way and my vote on him is practically useless at this rate.

unvote

*ahem*

I'll say one thing dear prince, our friends seem to be entangled by their own wits of knowing each other. To what end to the deceivers come clear if someone doesn't speak up? It's troubling, adam. Watching your, no... our men bicker like that with nothing especially coming out of it is disappointing to see. Is my judgment wrong on our fellow Kantrip?

#HBC | ѕoup

(Though I will say that J/Kantrip doesn't seem partner-esque).

#HBC | ѕoup

Actually, I do have a bone to pick with Kantrip Kantrip . You never responded to me after I answered you. I'm trying to understand what you're doing and I feel as if you're keeping your cards to yourself. I agree with J that it's weird and I want to know if you disagree/agree with me in regards to my logic.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Actually, I do have a bone to pick with Kantrip Kantrip . You never responded to me after I answered you. I'm trying to understand what you're doing and I feel as if you're keeping your cards to yourself. I agree with J that it's weird and I want to know if you disagree/agree with me in regards to my logic.
What were you hoping for? I got what I wanted out of your response and had no further questions.

I am keeping my cards close to my chest because it helps me form stronger opinions rather than spewing thoughts the second they pop into my head.

I appreciate your efforts to get out of RVS and I think your attempts at doing so were genuine. I disagree with your logic on Koopa and Rake but that doesn't bother me so much as understanding your thought process so I'm content.

#HBC | ѕoup

Okay, so you disagree, so now the part comes in where you tell me why perhaps.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Like I said, I find that Koopa's approach to the thread indicates that he is comfortable and therefore has nothing to hide, so I have no reason to suspect him at this time. Conversely, Rake's entrance to the thread did not come off to me as particularly different than any other game and left me feeling neutral about him.

Neither player has really done anything to warrant a read for me one way or the other, but since you were trying to get the thread out of RVS phase I don't have a problem with the ones you provided.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
*taps foot*

I wasn't asking you though, but thanks? What's the point of your 105 and 106? They seem to be lip service in terms of types of questions.
it'll depend on how kary responds. I think this cult thing is largely a "Let's see will sheep me, when and how ard" I also want to see how kary reacts to who agress with him because to my mind ryker should be opposed to the idea.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Also, I feel like Kantrip saying i have no thought process, while a nice little shot, wasn't done to demean my efforts and tehrefore im ok with it. Im liking poking prodding questioning j more than afk j. Although some of his questions seem like: I have a select few questions to ask so i might as well ask thm around so i dont know how to feel about tat

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Right back attcha. Now let's move away from our usual fear of each other and discuss some things. Kanty seems weird to me this game. What do you make of him? You lightly touched this and I want to talk it more with someone.

What do you make of Rake and what he has posted thus far? Then I'd like to talk Adam (tHe-Man's) large post too.
In terms of Kantrip, I just find this entire scenario bizarre, as I've more or less stated. It just really feels like he's willing to ask questions of the same caliber for other people but, when it comes to Rake he was willing to shut it down as basically "Rake being Rake". His reasoning behind dropping it seems somewhat after-the-fact, either out of frustration or unwillingness to continue the discussion. Either way, it ends a pertinent discussion that may continue to get us info, currently useful or not. Although he says that there was an ulterior motive, it doesn't necessarily come off to me that way. That being said, I could be reading this wrong and it could be somewhat akin to "I'm tired of this... Oh, wait, there might actually be something here" but, for the moment, it's just... odd.

Rake has been giving me interesting vibes just because, even with as much he's posting, I can't really tell where his head is at. I might just have to reread it later but I don't really have an opinion right now.

Adam uh.... Idk. I mostly just get a little... annoyed? Maybe not annoyed but nervous about people that come in and try to control what the thread is going to do, which is definitely the vibe I'm getting from that post. For now I'm fine with it because I know where they're at (more or less, at least how they're portraying). I'm just super wary of them currently because of their iron-strong entrance into the thread, but I'm waiting for their commentary on stuff that's actually happening, if they have any.

That's not to say I'm satisfied, but rather I'm not going to get anywhere banging my head against a wall so I'll wait for Rake to answer J before I proceed.
So, now that Rake has responded, how are you going to proceed?

I would've mentioned it if there were anything else.
I'm not entirely sure that you would, but that's neither here nor there right now.

@#HBC | soup you stated that this "bickering" is leading to nothing, or that nothing is coming from it. Why do you say that?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Sang, do you honestly think Rake asking "soup which one of you and kantrip is scum" is a question of the same caliber as questions that other people have asked? Do you think he thinks it's of the same caliber? I can answer that for you. No. It's one of his rapid fire questions that he asks just to get a reaction that he can work with, and I think everyone knows that at this point. Including J. J asking Rake for clarification on why Rake asked such a question reads very off to me because I know that J knows the answer already.

So my interaction with J was not an attempt to shut down Rake's question, but an attempt to understand if J was serious about needing clarification from Rake or if he was asking a rhetorical, finger-pointy question. Honestly, his post looked to me like the latter.

Knowing that it was not, and that he genuinely wanted Rake to explain his question, worries me. Add that to the fact that J's questions thus far have seemed very dead-end compared to those of Rake, soup, or even myself, and I would say there's reason to be concerned.

Even Rake was fine with my side of the interaction because he knows as well as anyone that what I said about the question was true. Knowing this, I don't like J's reaction to my call-out because it reads as very disingenuous. All that said,

Vote: J

Kantrip

Kantplay
it'll depend on how kary responds. I think this cult thing is largely a "Let's see will sheep me, when and how ard" I also want to see how kary reacts to who agress with him because to my mind ryker should be opposed to the idea.
Why does how Kary responds affect the nature of you asking two different people to call one of me/soup scum?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I definitely don't think it's of the same caliber but, as you said, there is a reason for him to do it. It's to see reactions and things to use and work with later, whereas you said that Rake would have no reason to ask them initially. Maybe I worded incorrectly. I didn't mean that you were trying to shut down Rake's questions but more of J's questions. But... hmmm... you may be on to something, but I want to see J's response to that.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
J asking Rake for clarification on why Rake asked such a question reads very off to me because I know that J knows the answer already.
In that case, why didn't you just clarify? J might have legitimately missed it earlier in the conversation, so it would have been nice of you to make sure you were on the same page. Also, nice knee-jerk; you're voting J for putting a little pressure on you after he didn't read something the same way you did.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Kantrip Kantrip

So I have a few questions regarding your most current post where you vote me.

1.) How do my questions come across as dead-end/go nowhere? Especially when my questions have prompted the following responses:
a.) Helped Sparky get out of being tangenty and not being on-topic. Now he seems more engaged in the game.
b.) Got a response from Rake that you didn't predict and actually had a valid other reason to it. So I want to ask again, why did you try and pigeon-hole Rake here into one of two options purely based on being a tad rude towards the player and also barring yourself to a very black-white view of how Rake is?
c.) Questioned Sang to start posting. She posted more about your slot and about you being odd although she seems to be back on the fence again after bringing up a valid point. *Weird point towards her*
d.) Opened a vein of conversation with Soup where he also pointed out that you were being odd. He also has seemed engaged and cooperative in my questions and didn't dead-end.​
2.) How has my reaction been disingenuous in the fact of your poking me about Rake?
3.) Why are you attributing the way you read Rake (which is primarily meta) as a reason to call me scummy because I view Rake differently than you do?
4.) Do you truly believe in what you pointed out to be scummy regarding my slot and also something that is indicative of me, J, being scummy in such a strong fashion to move from RVS voting to pressuring my slot rather than you seeming to have a difference of opinion regarding the situation at hand which you, Kantrip, have put yourself into?

I think that'll answer my main concerns with your last post, but I will say your reasonings for voting me are a bit contrived which is fair considering how early in the game it is. I want to know your mindset behind what you are doing because again, you are being weird and not making sense. I want to see whether that is scummy or just derpy at the moment.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I definitely don't think it's of the same caliber but, as you said, there is a reason for him to do it. It's to see reactions and things to use and work with later, whereas you said that Rake would have no reason to ask them initially. Maybe I worded incorrectly. I didn't mean that you were trying to shut down Rake's questions but more of J's questions. But... hmmm... you may be on to something, but I want to see J's response to that.
Talk to me about the bolded bit. I want to know what you thought Kanty may be onto regarding my slot. I'll explain after you respond.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'd prefer if J explained before Sang answers him.

I'll get to the longer post tomorrow. I'm falling asleep.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
J, what part of my post seems odd to you? I'd like to clear up any confusion if I could. (odd as in why pointing?)

Also, in explanation of the bolded bit, it's in terms of Kantrip saying that you already knew the response. But, I wanted to see your response first because I wasn't exactly positive and, re-reading through it, Kantrip doesn't really make any solid stance on that, tbh, so there's nothing really I can agree with because he just kind of... talks in circles, IMO. I really don't think you already knew the answer (I didn't and would have asked if you hadn't, probably), but for some reason it's put some [granted, minimal] suspicion in my head.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Okay that's fair. The reason I think you seem odd and why I wanted to you to respond before I told you is because I wanted to see if you took a stance and supported what you were saying. I am currently reading your posts as very fence-sitty and that always strikes an odd vibe with me whenever I read your posts because it's your way of keeping your hand open and being able to do pick and choose.

I would say it is odd because you were agreeing with me and then Kanty comes in with his vote post and then you are like "hmmm, well now that you mention it, I can see that angle." which strikes me as odd because nothing in his vote post really changed anything that he had said explicitly. Ya see where I'm coming from with that?

#HBC | ѕoup

Yeah. I've been pretty content with Kantrip until his vote on you which I don't really makes a lick of sense to me. I feel he's holdin you to great standards that aren't even really definable to scum-play..just..J play? His argument pretty much boils down to 'J did something that J might've not done as town' and I don't really feel like that's a reasonable or logical approach here.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
So, my stance is this: Kantrip is weird af and I don't know how I feel about his slot at all but I don't particularly like it. I am kind of fence-sitting (I will admit, I do it too often), but that's mostly because I do like keeping an open mind at least, not particularly an open hand. I should have clarified, I do not, in any way, agree with his vote on you because, to me, it just seems like a "You know what, I think I realize that I put enough effort into this that I should vote him" without actually... really believing it, if you feel me. It's like with his stepping back from questioning you about questioning Rake. Just seems to contrived, too delayed to be sincere.

I do see where you're coming from, which is why I should be more clear that I don't agree with what he's saying, but it's just something that I can keep an eye out for from you that I wouldn't have thought of previously (in terms of the questions you ask and why you may be asking them).

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Okay, I'm glad it's not just me who is thinking Kanty's play just doesn't make a whole lot of sense nor his vote haha.

So a question to both Soup/Sang then, if you had to pick a side of the nonesensical play, which way would you lean? Stretchy scum or Misguided Town.

#HBC | ѕoup

I

@#HBC | soup you stated that this "bickering" is leading to nothing, or that nothing is coming from it. Why do you say that?
That's because Kantrip preemptively shut it down. I think the case scenario here is that Kantrip halfheartedly believes in J being voteworthy, but then it begs the question as to why he did everything that lead up to it. If he wanted to pressure J, he could've just grilled him further when he had his attention, but instead he chose not to. That alone doesn't uh, make sense. If his vote is pressure then it's got to be the worst applied pressure here and what he's put up isn't even all that much to even pressure for.

On the other end of the argument, J seemed sort of done with Kantrip too perhaps because of his attitude. I'd say he's the less offender here because he was originally the instigated instead of the instigator, which is even more puzzling for the reasons stated in the last paragraph. The only thing I could note on J's side is that he's being very sassy and has his claws out. Take that as you will.

So what do you think? TvT? TvS?

#HBC | ѕoup

Okay, I'm glad it's not just me who is thinking Kanty's play just doesn't make a whole lot of sense nor his vote haha.

So a question to both Soup/Sang then, if you had to pick a side of the nonesensical play, which way would you lean? Stretchy scum or Misguided Town.
Right now I lean the former, which is ironic given I was being facetious about him being Mafia a page back. I think he either needs to accept his applied pressure did not work out or he might be facing a D1 lynch, because I don't see town skipping the hypothesis and going straight to the conclusion unless you're just trying to force a read, which is what it feels like.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
To answer both of your questions, I'd have to say I'm leaning toward a Kantrip scum lean at the moment. With hardly anybody else posting anything of note currently, that's all I have to go off of (and from my reasons stated previously)

#HBC | ѕoup

The synchronization right now between us 3 is almost scary

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sassy I'll attest to. I've been having wine tonight and being more vocal in that regard. I'm also just happier due to being very stress free which could translate to sassiness when it isn't.

I was trying to force a read from you in order to start a paper trail and to also to fish where your head is at since this is the only thing of note to happen in the game so far.

Why do you think he would be the D1 lynch if he continued down this path? I am not seeing scum-intent yet besides more derp-intent and I doubt I'll push this avenue any harder than I have been barring his responses to my questions. A little pressure on my slot is no problem though I will say that his vote hasn't really netted what he was probably hoping.

Top Bottom