• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Underrated DLC Character Requests

BrookshireBros

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I made this thread so we could talk about underrated picks for smash DLC. I personally would love to see Rayman as a fighter in smash because he has so much potential, also half of his moveset is already done in Rayman Legends. I know that my friend has also been wanting Maxwell from Scribblenauts, which is also a good choice, but I want to see what some other people want that is an underrated request.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Cooking Mama, Sarah Kerrigan, any Phantasy Star and Valkyria Chronicles character, and Reiko Nagase from Ridge Racer, to name a few.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Dr. Eggman - I have no clue why more people don't discuss this guy as a Smash candidate, he has tons of moveset potential in the Classic trilogy alone, comes from an EXTREMELY underrepresented series and would be a third party villain - he's easily my most wanted 3rd party.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
A Fallout character. When it comes to Bethesda, most either flock to Doomguy or Dovahkiin so a Fallout rep is slept on.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
-DeMille (Tomato Adventure): I’ve been wanting him in Smash ever since 2017, long before Alpha Dream shut down. There’s so much unique moveset potential from just a few of his gimmicks.

-Claude von Riegan: I’m pretty sure I was the only one quick to start a support thread for him, and that was nearly three months after Three Houses came out. Simply put, I’m glad I chose the Golden Deer, because Claude has some of the most unique moveset potential of any FE character.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Poochy himself from the Yoshi series, it bothers me that my favorite green dino hasn't got a 2nd rep for years, also Shake King from Wario Land as well, he's so freaking underrated and this guy would be awsome to play as.

BrookshireBros

Smash Rookie
Dr. Eggman - I have no clue why more people don't discuss this guy as a Smash candidate, he has tons of moveset potential in the Classic trilogy alone, comes from an EXTREMELY underrepresented series and would be a third party villain - he's easily my most wanted 3rd party.
Actually now that I think about it, Dr.Eggman is actually a great pick

BrookshireBros

Smash Rookie
-DeMille (Tomato Adventure): I’ve been wanting him in Smash ever since 2017, long before Alpha Dream shut down. There’s so much unique moveset potential from just a few of his gimmicks.

-Claude von Riegan: I’m pretty sure I was the only one quick to start a support thread for him, and that was nearly three months after Three Houses came out. Simply put, I’m glad I chose the Golden Deer, because Claude has some of the most unique moveset potential of any FE character.
Yeah but people would HATE it if we got another fire emblem rep.

BrookshireBros

Smash Rookie

I would be okay with it if claude was able to get in, because from what I saw (after like a 2 minute google search) he seems like he could be a pretty unique fighter, but I feel like most people would just see "Just another Fire Emblem clone", and they would get mad.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Marina Lightyears from Mischief Makers and Krypto from Destroy all Humans

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I would be okay with it if claude was able to get in, because from what I saw (after like a 2 minute google search) he seems like he could be a pretty unique fighter, but I feel like most people would just see "Just another Fire Emblem clone", and they would get mad.
Frankly if they think a character who strictly uses a bow would be a clone of anyone on the roster, they're likely not worth talking to.

Hell, literally only one of the four main Three Houses characters uses a sword, and it's a whip sword, so even that's different. Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude wouldn't play like any of the other Fire Emblem characters at all.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Goemon from the Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja series.

Impact would be his Final Smash. Just look at Impact:

He is a ******* giant Power Ranger robot that can shoot lazers and kick ***! Goemon outside of Impact would have his pipe, chainpipe, and ryo. Totally would be a awesome character. He's got a Mii costume. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Frankly if they think a character who strictly uses a bow would be a clone of anyone on the roster, they're likely not worth talking to.

Hell, literally only one of the four main Three Houses characters uses a sword, and it's a whip sword, so even that's different. Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude wouldn't play like any of the other Fire Emblem characters at all.
Exactly.

Why the fact that the series has many fighters (which is understandable consodering it is now officially one of Nintendo's AAA IP according to Kimishima) be a problem for UNIQUE fighters to join?
Especially after 3H being a major success of sales AND even won more awards than Smash Bros or any other Nintendo game at the VGA, an American show, including Player's Voice which is basically a Fan Voted GotY. You can't tell me a Nintendo game that overthrow everyone else with the actual players' votes isn't worth having a rep in Smash just because FE got lucky with two echoes, especially because these people that would hate that are clearly a minority considering how much FE3H is beloved.

Also if these people were coherent they would bash Geno and Waluigi fans too because there are "too many Mario characters".

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
PaRappa. I actually see more people wanting Monika from DDLC and Freddy Fazbear from FNAF than Sony's old forgotten mascot. I think he'd be pretty fun to play too, especially with a U Rappin' gimmick incorporated into his moveset. And don't forget about the songs he'd bring with too. Oh man. I honestly think he's up there with the gaming giants like Mario, Sonic, Megaman, Pac-Man, and Banjo & Kazooie. If not a gaming giant, then at least a videogame icon whose debut game pretty much kickstarted rhythm games.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
For me it’s:

Farmer Pete/Jack

Goemon

And at this point pretty much any Nintendo character. But specifically:

Captain Syrup

Andy or Sami

Tingle

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Darkrai
Tapu Lele
Maple Story rep
Dungeon Fighter rep
Arcana Heart rep
Under Night in Birth rep

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I agree with Poochy as Yoshi rep 2. If included, I would like to see him in his Yarn incarnation because I think it would bring a unique look to the cast. However, he would still be announced as "Poochy".

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I agree with Poochy as Yoshi rep 2. If included, I would like to see him in his Yarn incarnation because I think it would bring a unique look to the cast. However, he would still be announced as "Poochy".
Agree with that, I made up some alt costumes for Poochy.
1. Default
2. Pink Poochy Pup
3. Blue Poochy Pup
4. Black Poochy Pup
5. Yarn
6. Gold
7. Polterpup (would have white glowing eyes.)
8. Inverted Colours

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
The top 10 most underrated picks IMO:

10. Dr. Eggman
9. MP Hunters / Sylux
8. Funky Kong
7. King Boo
6. Birdo
5. Maxwell
4. Ray MK
3. Bub & Bob
2. Earthworm Jim
1. Agumon

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Prince of All Cosmos from Katamari Damacy (most gravitate to Lloyd, Heihachi, Nightmare, or KOS-MOS)
Quote from Cave Story (most gravitate to Shantae, Shovel Knight, Touhou, or Undertale).

D

Deleted member

My boy Strider Hiryu, one of the Big late 80’s arcade classics, it also got a reboot in 2014.

Dichotomy

Smash Rookie
I'd LoVe To SeE iAgO fRoM fIrE eMbLeM fAtEs!

No, but seriously. The lead from Hollow Knight would be a cool character.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Billy and Jimmy Lee (Double Dragon) used to be HUGE characters. They had their own cartoon series, they had their own movie (neither was good, but we'll ignore that part) and they were icons of not only the NES era but of beat-em-ups in general.

But you hardly ever see anyone talk about them for Smash.

(Billy and Jimmy Lee Support thread)

Top Bottom