• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Under the Southern Cross, Anything is Possible!" | Mike Jones Support Thread

smash puffle

Smash Ace
You know, at this point I'm not even surprised. I don't know what the hell is keeping them from rereleasing ST2 and I'm starting to lose my patience.

Oddball

Smash Lord
What that means is that the trademark they had for the series lapsed and they didn't renew it. Since it's gone past the deadline they have for renewal of the trademark they can no longer renew this particular trademark registration.

HOWEVER, that does not mean Nintendo can't trademark it again. It just means they'd have to start the registration process from scratch rather than renewing the trademark that already exists.

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5973-6666-0298
What that means is that the trademark they had for the series lapsed and they didn't renew it. Since it's gone past the deadline they have for renewal of the trademark they can no longer renew this particular trademark registration.

HOWEVER, that does not mean Nintendo can't trademark it again. It just means they'd have to start the registration process from scratch rather than renewing the trademark that already exists.
If that's the case, then that further supports the fact that they don't care about series, considering that other first-party games for the NES like Balloon Fight have their respective trademarks renewed.

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5973-6666-0298

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977

We probably won't even get a spirit event then. In a game that references many games, some of which can be seen as obscure, we don't even get to see any spirits.

I just will never understand why this game didn't have a wider release.

Last edited:

smash puffle

Smash Ace
It was about time I got around to make a StarTropics stage for Smash Bros. Crusade. If you have the game (either Vanilla or CMC+) and know how to install mods, you know what to do. But just in case you don't...
I hope people enjoy this one. A very late 30th anniversary present, but still...

EDIT:

Last edited:

smash puffle

Smash Ace
I kinda hate these kinds of coincidences at this point tbh, it just gives me false hope...
CLV-P-NAAZE-28.png

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5973-6666-0298
If you want to vote for StarTropics in this poll, please feel free to do so.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

smash puffle

Smash Ace
New Melee mod adds new Volleyball mode, 64 stages, and most importantly... a brand new character, Wolf!

Which got me thinking... what if now we also push Mike Jones for Melee? That would be really rad, wouldn't you think?

Oddball

Smash Lord
Pause.png

I've been trying to figure out exactly how to work his pause sprite into a taunt and it just occurred to me.

Just have him pull out the sign and have it say "TAUNT". maybe give him a smug smile on his face while he's doing it.

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5973-6666-0298
View attachment 301533

I've been trying to figure out exactly how to work his pause sprite into a taunt and it just occurred to me.

Just have him pull out the sign and have it say "TAUNT". maybe give him a smug smile on his face while he's doing it.
I'm assuming you are working on this taunt for some type of moveset, right? If so, then you could just use the classic "-1" or "+1". The "-1" would imply that Mike's making fun of the opponent for losing one stock and the "+1" could be interpreted as Mike just showing off his score.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Last year, Dr. Richie Dr. Richie sent a letter to Nintendo of America. In a shocking revelation, he got a reply back from them!
Here's hoping we will get at least SOMETHING this year, the Year of StarTropics.

EDIT: Of course shortly after I made the tweet Nintendo reveals new NES/SNES games for NSO and OF COURSE it doesn't include Zoda's Revenge, just fantastic....

Last edited:

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5973-6666-0298
Regardless of what happens in today's Nintendo Direct, we'll continue to fight for StarTropics to get the recognition it deserves!

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5973-6666-0298
Okay, how many of you knew about the Yōkai inspired enemy?

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Found this old article talking about Mike in Smash. This was before we even knew Smash Ultimate was it's actual name.

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5973-6666-0298
Does anyone know more about this user (leaker)? If a reboot of the series has been in the works, could this be the highly rumored game Retro Studios has been working on? And if for whatever reason Retro isn't the one developing it; could it then be Next Level Games? 👀
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5973-6666-0298
A user on the StarTropics subreddit shared a link to a leak they found on 4Chan. Could this be the fake leak this Twitter user is talking about? I know we shouldn't get our expectations way too high, but it is suspicious how more people have started to talk about StarTropics in recent years! Could the Animal Crossing reference have been meticulously made, so that more people would begin to spread the word about the series? Not to mention the other possible reference found in Luigi's Mansion 3; a game developed by Next Level Games! https://www.reddit.com/r/startropics/comments/lmmrlu

Top Bottom