• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Under the Southern Cross, Anything is Possible!" | Mike Jones Support Thread

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
To be entirely honest, I don't think our boy has any realistic shot as a character. I really expect nothing as sad as it is but hopefully, he'll get at least a spirit at some point.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
To be entirely honest, I don't think our boy has any realistic shot as a character. I really expect nothing as sad as it is but hopefully, he'll get at least a spirit at some point.
You know I'll take what I can get, and the fact that we don't have a StarTropics spirit at this point is inexcusable. I genuinely don't understand why would they not aknowlegde the series unless Sakurai doesn't genuinely know about it, which is unlikely.

Oddball

Smash Lord
So uh, now that spirits don't deconfirm fighters, what does that mean for Mike? He's not even a spirit yet...
Absolutley nothing.

It would be like if there was suddenly a rule that SNES characters couldn't get in the game. It doesn't matter because he's not SNES.

Maybe he won't, but that doesn't mean you can't still try to get the word out for the guy.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Ok, sooo... I'm out of ideas for Smash related content for the Twitter campaign. I've already posted the mayority of the essencial things. I guess a moveset but I'm not really motivated for something so big like that.
Do you guys have any ideas?

Oddball

Smash Lord
Let's see...

You don't want to do move set, but we still have ...

Character costumes/color options
Mii costumes
Spirit Board
Stage
Adventure Mode
Paultena's Guidance
Snake's Codex

Then there's always whatever fanart and renders you can dig up. You might even be able to commission somebody for some new work.

You're also more than welcome to use whatever images I've posted in this topic (such as the Spirit board idea or the outfits colors). I'd also post the Youtube video I had linked to. Another thing, you have a lot of screenshots of the StarTropics reference in Animal Crossing and a lot of screenshots of your Mike jacket in animal crossing, but I didn't see any that had both.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
View attachment 277517

this has been going around lately. what if this "super secret new project using classic IP" is StarTropics?
Considering that July 6th is almost done and we haven't gotten any kind of announcement from Nintendo, I wouldn't put much stock into what that Twitter user has to say. Plenty of people have coincidentally guessed the date that a reveal of some sort will happen on.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Can I just say you all have the best op write-up on the entire board? when I first poked my heard in here awhile back for kicks that expose on mike and the history of startropics singlehandedly made me a fan. Sadly I don't think there is anything in the cards for ST for the foreseeable future beyond small nods from NoA since nintendo seems dead set on pretending it doesn't exist, but I'd love to see it make a comeback in any form and would happily induct it in smash if I had the power (at the very least there should be a spirit)

keep on trucking y'all, you'd be surprised how much passive support out there exists for your cause.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Can I just say you all have the best op write-up on the entire board?
Agreed. It is very well written and in depth. It does need one small update though.

Despite its status as a major first-party NES release, it remains one of the extremely few Nintendo games which has never been referenced in any other game since, including the Smash series.
It has now been referenced in Animal Crossing.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Ok so theres a Melee mod that gives the game N64 visuals and adds new features and levels.
Here's the sountrack, it features a remix of the StarTropics dungeon theme!

At least there's a few modders out there who remember...

Oddball

Smash Lord
Does anybody happen to have that music track by itself rather than part of the entire soundtrack upload?

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Some more custom stages and stuff.

Also here's some cool Earthbound style art
pixil-frame-0_35.png

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So much cool StarTropics content! It's great to see that there's still a living, dedicated community making stuff.

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5973-6666-0298
Last edited:

smash puffle

Smash Ace

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5973-6666-0298
Top Bottom