• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon Belmont CONFIRMED PLAYABLE for Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Simon Belmont-exclusive Social Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Namely this:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-switch/76614511

Apparently this guy has like a 50/50 reputation with fighting game leaks. He's gotten things right and wrong.

He's mostly notable for leaking the TMNT characters in Injustice 2.
It’s worth noting that his Bandai-Namco-related leaks are almost always true (fill me in if I’m wrong). He was the first to say B-N is making Metroid Prime 4, and he leaked a bunch of DLC characters for Dragon Ball FighterZ.

He has done false general Nintendo leaks before, but his Namco-Bandai sources seem to be legit, so if they’re truly making Smash 5, this may actually be true.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@Xeno VII, now that the leak is gaining traction, i think it's time for me to take the role of OP once again. I don't care if it's real, now i have the passion to do this.

Cyn Cyn , we already agreed on this days before, so you can proceed in transfering ownership.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The whole Ridley deal makes me unsure about the leak, but it is true, it would fit with the Emily Rogers statement that this roster would be the best yet and jump-from-your-seat surprising.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
On a personal note, if this leak turned out to be true, I'm more excited for Simon than I am for Ridley.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I had my suspicions that Simon would get in as the 2nd Konami character. I hope to see this leak actually come to fruition. Ever since this leak came up last night, I could not get proper sleep and I ended up listening to Castlevania music all day today while researching for Smash speculation.

I think I wanna try to beat Super Castlevania IV after I finish DKC3. The leak has me in the perfect mood to play it again. I think I stopped playing at the rotating castle level if I recall. That time will come soon.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
OMG. I love this leak but only for Simon Belmont. Don't care about Ridley... but if Sakurai can wow me with a good quality playable Ridley, I will welcome that. I liked the other leak about Captain Toad, Spyro the Dragon, and Crash Bandicoot... but I really want Simon Belmont too... why can't we have both leaks be true?! Hmm.... wait a minute... one of them has to be fake. Ridley and Spyro are both purple dragons. Would Sakurai really add two purple dragons at the same time? He could but I doubt that would happen.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Simon was always my most wanted 3rd party anyway, so this would be a double dream come true for me if turns out it’s legit. The Metroidvania term would become even harder to live down than it already is as well.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
There aren't really any third-party characters left who I'd like to see get into Smash, with the exception of good old Simon Belmont. Castlevania, to me and a lot of others, is a flagship franchise for the NES/SNES eras and is definitive of the kinds of third-party series that practically feel like honorary Nintendo games. It's very much like classic Mega Man in that regard. I personally think he's the best new third-party candidate for Smash, and if it came down to only one Konami character being in Smash, I'd even prefer to have Simon over Snake.

D

Deleted member

From now on, if anyone wants to be added to the supporter list, tag me so i can keep track easily.

Also anyone that was added in the list before the ownership change is still on the list.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
A couple of thoughts about Simon Belmont. Konami, if they didn't want Snake back, or wanted another character in addition to Snake, would want a representative from their stable of IP's, not from the ones they acquired from Hudson. I know people want Bomberman, but Bomberman isn't truly Konami. Second, Konami over the past...year plus have been promoting Simon Belmont in his original, Conan the Barbarian style look instead of his 'modern look' which is terrible.

If Simon were picked, I'd say he's a Retro Pick, like Mega Man, that tugs on the strings of nostalgia.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
A couple of thoughts about Simon Belmont. Konami, if they didn't want Snake back, or wanted another character in addition to Snake, would want a representative from their stable of IP's, not from the ones they acquired from Hudson. I know people want Bomberman, but Bomberman isn't truly Konami. Second, Konami over the past...year plus have been promoting Simon Belmont in his original, Conan the Barbarian style look instead of his 'modern look' which is terrible.

If Simon were picked, I'd say he's a Retro Pick, like Mega Man, that tugs on the strings of nostalgia.
His modern look is now the barbarian look, as that's what Konami decided to use for "Belmont Bomber" in Super Bomberman R and in the new mobile game.

Also, Bomberman, Ridley, and Simon are my current top 3, so if that rumor pans out I'm 2 down.

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Simon Belmont is one my most wanted third partie characters that I want to see in smash reasons I love vampire culture and Netflix TV Show.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I also was thinking that another reason that Sakurai may choose Simon, over other third party, is cause he seems to have a heavy NES Bias... and frankly there arent too much NES stars left that arent already in the game.

Still, god damn leak. im taking it with so much salt that i might get hypertense. is good to note that he have had both legit sources and bad sources, and ridley and simon belmont come from 2 different sources, so even if one gets in, it doesnt automatically proves the other one DX...

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Add me to the support list!

Recently played through the first game for the first time and fell in love with the idea of Simon in Smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Add me to the support list!

Recently played through the first game for the first time and fell in love with the idea of Simon in Smash.
And now you see why some of us have been supporting Simon Belmont for Smash for the past 10+ years now.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Though I've only played through Super Castlevania IV, I would love to see Simon playable in this game, if only for the fact that I really want to see Smash-style remixes of "Vampire Killer", "Bloody Tears", and "Simon's Theme" (though I wouldn't be opposed to actually trying him out lol, he would be a lot of fun).

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
With Vergeben’s Simon Belmont/Ridley leak on Gamefaqs having notable credibility, I figured that I would analyze Simon again. What is the main reason Sakurai wanted to add a Konami character in Smash Switch, despite the company’s incredibly awful treatment to Kojima during their restructure? I can only think of three possible reasons, one of them being personal impact. Sakurai has personal history with Castlevania since the vert first game on the NES, based on the statement he gave in the Sakurai x Nomura interview:

“For me personally, it was the year 1986, when games like The Legend of Zelda and Castlevania were released, and I experienced physically interactive games. They had a big impact on me.”

I feel that such personal impact with this iconic franchise would tempt him to consider Castlevania character representation. Second, his potentially overwhelmingly massive ballot popularity. I have seen Simon Belmont constantly requested/campaigned in online forums since the ballot creation. Simon’s amount of votes in the ballot could have convinced Sakurai enough at least consider the idea thoroughly.

Third and most importantly, pure will. I think there would be no way Konami characters would be a consideration to Sakurai without getting past the Konami Kojima treatment. I feel two things would play into this. One, the strong likelihood that Kojima would want Snake back in Smash. Even back in Smash 4, he still wanted Snake to be in the game despite not being contacted by Sakurai to do negotiations. Metal Gear Solid is still Kojima’s baby, and I cannot imagine an event where Kojima would not want it to happen even in the hard circumstances. If Sakurai contacted him primarily for permission, Kojima would still say yes and possibly help Sakurai with his anger with Konami.

Two, wanting to make Smash have the best roster in fighting games ever. Sakurai has managed to create an unbelievable roster for Smash 4 thanks to the third-party additions like Sonic, Megaman, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud, all big gaming icons in a single fighting game. With Smash 4 in specific, he wanted the 3DS/Wii U installment to be the best character game in the world. If he wanted to fill in the remaining bases for big third-parties like he stated in a Nintendo Dream interview, then he will have to get past Konami’s treatment and try to negotiate one of Konami’s big icons to truly make Smash the number one character game in the world.

In my perspective, with Konami’s restructuring in 2016 when the Smash Switch project plan was created, they would still be open and fair with the negotiation of Simon Belmont. Around this time, they previously brought a majority of their old library via Wii U eShop consistently throughout the years when other third-parties couldn’t, allowed their titles to be part of the NES Mini lineup, and had a Castlevania anime in production in 2016. (If Vergeben’s information is anything to go by.) I personally think in 2016, Konami was free and available to make profitable business deals with Nintendo and Sakurai.

All of these factors create an small opening in which Simon Belmont’s inclusion in Smash Bros. is very possible. This is just my theory though to explain how an addition like Simon came to be.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait a minute, why didn’t I know about this thread before now? Simon has been my most-wanted third party since Mega Man. Add me to the list!

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I support Simon for smash!

He seems to fit right in and some CV content, especially the music, is gladly welcomed

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
I've come up with the greatest tagline when they announce him:

"Simon Belmont whips it out!"

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Daily reminder that the "Metroidvania on ice" (love this name btw) leak, while probably the more solid leak weve had, is still not too strong, and perfectly could be wrong.

On the other hand, i have to admit that it fills me with joy seeing everyone putting Ridley and Simon on their prediction rosters. Certainly just the idea of teh leak have boosted simon support a lot <3, even among people who don't know anyting about castlevania.

That being said, Based on the Metroidvania on ice leak, wouldn't bee super cool that if instead of a subscape emmisary, we got a metroidvania style world to explore as smash characters as a single player mode?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
On the other hand, i have to admit that it fills me with joy seeing everyone putting Ridley and Simon on their prediction rosters. Certainly just the idea of teh leak have boosted simon support a lot <3, even among people who don't know anyting about castlevania.
Keyword: “prediction”

They aren’t putting Simon Belmont on their prediction rosters because they want Simon Belmont. They are putting Simon Belmont on their prediction rosters because they want to be “right” (and we don’t even have concrete evidence that the leak is legit or not).

Most people didn’t put Duck Hunt Dog in their rosters for years. I did. After that leak, I started seeing Duck Hunt Dog in many rosters. Where were the support before the leak? Almost nonexistent. Same with Simon Belmont. Most of the support went to Snake and Bomberman.

But yeah, at least the leak got people to finally entertain the idea of Simon Belmont in Smash.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I started predicting Simon Belmont the moment Vergeben's leak popped up and learned about its credibility. Though I am not going to get the most bragging points for it, the least I can brag is predicting it before insiders give the leak more potential credibility. :p

But with insiders being quiet, now more people are putting Simon and Ridley in their predictions now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Im working on the new OP.

Here are some points that will be touched upon.

"Who is Simon Belmont?"
Talks about his origins and role in the first 2 Castlevania games.

"Castlevania? Why is Castlevania so important anyways?"
Highlights the importance of Castlevania in the gaming medium.

"Why him, out of all the other Belmonts?"
Mentiones Simon's appereances in every other game aside from the first 2 Nes games.

"What would he bring to Smash?"
Mentions all the weapons and abilities that Simon possesses.

Finally, i will attempt to refute these arguments that i costantly see against him:

"Castlevania is not relevant anymore in this era"

"Why Not Alucard instead?"

If not Alucard, why not Dracula? He's a pop culture icon"

"We already have a whip user, and that is Zero Suit Samus"

"We already had Snake, he should come back first"

"Bomberman is more relevant thanks to Super Bomberman R"

It will take a while (i want to have this OP ready by the end of May)

Keyword: “prediction”

They aren’t putting Simon Belmont on their prediction rosters because they want Simon Belmont. They are putting Simon Belmont on their prediction rosters because they want to be “right” (and we don’t even have concrete evidence that the leak is legit or not).

Most people didn’t put Duck Hunt Dog in their rosters for years. I did. After that leak, I started seeing Duck Hunt Dog in many rosters. Where were the support before the leak? Almost nonexistent. Same with Simon Belmont. Most of the support went to Snake and Bomberman.

But yeah, at least the leak got people to finally entertain the idea of Simon Belmont in Smash.
Reminds of when the Gematsu Leak started gaining credibility and everyone and their Grandma added Chorus Kids into the roster, and they ended up beign just a trophy (although i do believe they are one of the most underlooked characters that could make it into Smash Switch).

Hopefully that will not repeat itself........hopefully.

Also if im being honest, if Snake never got in Brawl and we got only Sonic, i will guarantee you that most people would be requesting Simon instead of him (and Bomberman too).

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I started predicting Simon Belmont the moment Vergeben's leak popped up and learned about its credibility. Though I am not going to get the most bragging points for it, the least I can brag is predicting it before insiders give the leak more potential credibility. :p

But with insiders being quiet, now more people are putting Simon and Ridley in their predictions now.
At least you are honest with your intentions. :troll:

I liked your analysis on the other post. You made some good points and I can see why “now” is a good time for Sakurai to add Simon Belmont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom