• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon Belmont CONFIRMED PLAYABLE for Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Simon Belmont-exclusive Social Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Cosider me a supporter for Simon! While my most wanted character from Konami is muh boi Snake, I would love if they added alongside him Simon and Bomberman. Those three are my most wanted TP characters for the next Smash!
Simon Belmont, Bomberman, AND Snake for Smash 5 would be a dream come true!

And we would technically have a "dream mix TV" match in Smash if all three got in.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I just finished watching Castlevania last night. To my surprise, it was really short! I was expecting at least 13 episodes from the get go. Not 4.

Still, pretty cool.
Can't wait for Season 2.

Smash related, I wonder if Holy Water should affect everyone, or just "evil-ish" characters?
Should it work lile PK Fire (Ness)?

I definitely want Axe, cross, and Holy Water in his movesets. I wonder if we can get Sheik's old Side B for Belmont's Neutral B (which doubles as a tether recovery if you just tap).

D

Deleted member

Smash related, I wonder if Holy Water should affect everyone, or just "evil-ish" characters?
Should it work lile PK Fire (Ness)?
For the sake of balance, I don't think Holy Water should affect just the villains/evil-ish characters.

As for it working like PK Fire, that's how I imagined it myself. Though another possibility is it having the wave-like forward motion from games like Rondo of Blood and Richter mode in Symphony of the Night. Maybe that can be one of Simon's custom moves if those return.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Smash for Switch has finally been announced, with Inkling confirmed (no surprise).

I'm excited for this, but to keep it in the topic of this thread, no, I am not getting my hopes up for Simon. With the iffy state of Konami in recent years and one of his main competitors being the beloved veteran Snake (who I wholeheartedly agree should return), I can't say he's a plausible third party candidate.

That being said, even if his chances are far from great, he remains one of my most wanted characters, and it's been an honor running this support thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
I think Simon Belmont should come into the Smash World. And he should come with Trevor and Richter as well. They could push them all into the same slot like they did with Olimar in SSB4. The only problem with designing him is that his B-moves are easy to dream up, but his A-moves...not so easy. Should he use his fists and legs to punch and kick along with using his whip for smash attacks?

D

Deleted member

I think Simon Belmont should come into the Smash World. And he should come with Trevor and Richter as well. They could push them all into the same slot like they did with Olimar in SSB4. The only problem with designing him is that his B-moves are easy to dream up, but his A-moves...not so easy. Should he use his fists and legs to punch and kick along with using his whip for smash attacks?
While I think the whip is fine on its own in regards to A attacks, you do bring up an interesting possibility. In fact, it wouldn't be the first time a Belmont has done punches and kicks, like some of the additional moves that were given to Richter in Symphony of the Night and his subsequent appearances.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
As far as third party goes, a Belmont and Bomberman stand as my most wanted third party characters. Belmont especially, since I'd dig using their subweapons and the whip.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Castlevania to some extent is relevant because of the Netflix anime and who knows if Konami will do anything as far as games.

That being said, I'm still all for Simon Belmont.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And I haven't taken anyone off the support list, but good to know you're still all for him.
I doubt anyone had taken older members off these lists since we had them earlier last year.

Not that there is any point in that.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Simon has been my #1 pick since even before Brawl ;;-;; I love Castlevania so much. If he, by the grace of god, makes it in I would hope it were his more "modern" incarnation from the Chronicles redesign. Of course, Id love for him to have his Classic look as the Alt costume.

Ex. pics

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Simon has been my #1 pick since even before Brawl ;;-;; I love Castlevania so much. If he, by the grace of god, makes it in I would hope it were his more "modern" incarnation from the Chronicles redesign. Of course, Id love for him to have his Classic look as the Alt costume.

Ex. pics

I actually prefer the Ayami Kojima art style by a small margin. If Simon Belmont does get in, it's up to the Smash devs how they envision Simon Belmont. Perhaps a mixture of the designs not including Judgement's?

LaughingLefou

Smash Apprentice
I want to support this, but Konami doesn't seem to have any sense left in them what with their obsession with Pachinko machines and destroyed many of their most popular franchises. (Plus, I always preferred Trevor Belmont to Simon.)

D

Deleted member

I want to support this, but Konami doesn't seem to have any sense left in them what with their obsession with Pachinko machines and destroyed many of their most popular franchises. (Plus, I always preferred Trevor Belmont to Simon.)
So do you want me to add you to the support list, or not?

As for Trevor, he'd cool too.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
If Simon Belmont got in I'd like the Castlevania: Chronicles. I just really like that design the best!

Quillion

Smash Hero
I'm excited for this, but to keep it in the topic of this thread, no, I am not getting my hopes up for Simon. With the iffy state of Konami in recent years and one of his main competitors being the beloved veteran Snake (who I wholeheartedly agree should return), I can't say he's a plausible third party candidate.
I've said this on another thread, but at least Smash can celebrate Konami as it once was instead of how it is now.

And even if Snake gets in, why not have another Konami character to go with him?

D

Deleted member

And even if Snake gets in, why not have another Konami character to go with him?
It's definitely possible. Even then, I can't guarantee it would be Simon. For example, Bomberman seems to have gotten a boost in fan support recently with the release of Super Bomberman R, a timed exclusive and a launch title for the Switch. And three characters from the same third party company coexisting is both unprecedented and arguably a bit on the unrealistic side, but it's not impossible.

I still don't feel all that confident in any Konami character making it in, though, even Snake. But we'll see what happens, and I've been wrong about certain characters before.

Quillion

Smash Hero
@Xeno VII: Honestly, the fact that Konami's rep is in the toilet makes it seem like they NEED Smash representation for good press.

Also, I don't really see Bomberman as particularly appropriate as the secondary Konami rep since he wasn't even created by Konami in the first place.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I have rarely played Castlevania, but I have always liked the idea of Simon in Smash, just because of his legacy.
This Netflix series has made me even more a fan. I never could have thought the character could be so attractive (even if this is his father).

D

Deleted member

Golden Icarus made 2 "Simon Belmont for Smash 5" signatures.

One for X68000 Simon:

and the other for Chronicles Simon:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I'd much prefer Chronicles Simon. It just looks to me more what Simon Belmont should look like. The original Simon Belmont looks too inspired by Conan the Barbarian or He-man to me.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I'd much prefer Chronicles Simon. It just looks to me more what Simon Belmont should look like. The original Simon Belmont looks too inspired by Conan the Barbarian or He-man to me.
There's no reason why we can't have both, right..?

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
With the inclusion of Mega Man, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Street Fighter and Pac-Man; Castlevania is the only third-party series that screams Nintendo that isn't already in Smash Bros. Simon undoubtedly deserves to be in, and has lots going for him to make him a unique fighter. Of course, I need my boy Snake back in first, but having the two appear alongside so many legends would be perfect for me.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Simon. Bomberman. Bring Snake back. Come on Konami, do something.

D

Deleted member

With the Wii Shop Channel being closed soon, all of the WiiWare games and the Virtual Console games currently unavailable on Wii U will inevitably be no longer available for purchase. Among these games include the excellent Castlevania: Rondo of Blood and Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth. While there's still a chance that the former may still join the Wii U VC lineup (or you can get the PSP remake if you have that option), the latter has remained a WiiWare exclusive. So I recommend purchasing at least ReBirth while you still can if you haven't already.

As unlikely as my gut tells me it is, I'd be grateful if Konami ported Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth, along with the Contra and Gradius ReBirth games, to newer platforms like the Switch so that more people can experience them. If a Switch port happened, then it'd be interesting to play these on the go.
As of today, you are no longer able to add Wii Points to your Wii Shop Channel account. However, depending on how many points you have remaining, you might still be able to buy Rondo (900 points), ReBirth (1000 points), or whatever else interests you that you can afford. The Wii Shop Channel won't be fully discontinued until January 30th of next year.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, Wii Shop Channel finally shut down.

At least I got all the Castlevania games years ago.

My favorite Castlevania games ranked:

1 - Super Castlevania IV
2 - Castlevania
3 - Dracula's Curse
4 - Rondo of Blood
5 - The Adventure Rebirth
6 - Simon's Quest

It is a shame that the Genesis game Bloodlines and the arcade game Haunted Castle and both N64 games Castlevania 64 and Legacy of Darkness never came to the Virtual Console. I would have gotten them in a heartbeat.

RIP Wii Shop Channel :sadeyes:

D

Deleted member

Well, Wii Shop Channel finally shut down.

At least I got all the Castlevania games years ago.

My favorite Castlevania games ranked:

1 - Super Castlevania IV
2 - Castlevania
3 - Dracula's Curse
4 - Rondo of Blood
5 - The Adventure Rebirth
6 - Simon's Quest

It is a shame that the Genesis game Bloodlines and the arcade game Haunted Castle and both N64 games Castlevania 64 and Legacy of Darkness never came to the Virtual Console. I would have gotten them in a heartbeat.

RIP Wii Shop Channel :sadeyes:
For me personally...

1 - Rondo of Blood
2 - Super Castlevania IV
3 - The Adventure ReBirth
4 - Castlevania I
5 - Dracula's Curse
6 - Simon's Quest

I like 'em all, though. Even Simon's Quest is a guilty pleasure of mine despite me feeling that much of the hate it gets is warranted.

Seconded on Bloodlines. I've always wanted to play that one, and a VC release would've been a steal compared to the prices physical Genesis copies tend to go.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Simon’s Quest is pretty interesting. It is also the “Symphony of the Night” of the NES. That’s what it is... a Metroidvania. Maybe it needs to be remade for the 3DS like Metroid Samus Returns.

D

Deleted member

Arcadenik Arcadenik and @Xeno VII: I just want to say it makes me happy to see people prefer the Classicvanias over the Metroidvanias like I do.

...I'm correct, yes?
Oh, we were just listing the games that were available on the Wii Shop Channel. But I'd definitely put some of the Classicvanias (IV and Rondo in particular) among my top 5 entries in the series.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Arcadenik Arcadenik and @Xeno VII: I just want to say it makes me happy to see people prefer the Classicvanias over the Metroidvanias like I do.

...I'm correct, yes?
Oh I love both styles.

I also have Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, and Aria of Sorrow on my Wii U.

Only reason Super Castlevania IV is number one is because it’s the only Classicvania game I can beat easily. The only frustration is level B-2 with that wheel. It’s also my favorite because I love that I can whip in 8 directions.

Oddball

Smash Lord
If Simon gets in, would you rather his alts be his different looks or would you prefer them be other Belmonts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom