• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uncle Punch Training Mode Verification

dunk-eve

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,

So I used to play Melee a few years ago, and would do a lot of training on 20XX Hackpack. However, I started getting back into the game, and heard about the Uncle Punch Training Mode Mod and it is supposed to be very good. I followed the instructions on the Smashboards thread to get it all working, however, once I created it I could not find a place to verify the checksum. I know 20XX used to have the MD5 checksum to see if the file was correct.

Does anyone know if Uncle Punch Training Mode has any sort of MD5 checksum on the Github or Patreon or anything like that.

Thank you all.

Also apologies for any english errors, still trying to get better at the language.

Pauer

The Pauerful
Yeah it's in the github readme:

Note: $PROJECTROOT prefers to the root of this project

1.) cd into wherever you downloaded the JLaferri/gecko repo (e.x ~/Downloads/gecko)

2.) Run go build. This will generate a an executable called gecko. Place that executable in the $PROJECTROOT/Build TM Codeset/mac directory of this project

3.) You'll need the Start.dol file from your Melee iso, this is where wine comes in handy. Run wine $PATH_TO_GCREBUILDER.exe, GCRebuilder should open its own window, from there you can extract your Start.dol. Your Melee iso md5 hash should be equal to 0e63d4223b01d9aba596259dc155a174.

dunk-eve

Smash Rookie
I think that is the md5 hash for the original melee iso. However, after I create the Uncle Punch ISO, I get a completely different hash, which I cannot find in the Uncle Punch Github. Is it supposed to be the same, I feel like it should be different from the 0e63... one.

Pauer

The Pauerful
Ah you're right. I couldn't find an MD5 sum of the Uncle Punch ISO either, seems like this is an open issue:

dunk-eve

Smash Rookie
Yeah seems like that. Hopefully Uncle Punch will be able to solve the issue soon, but it has been some time since the issue was made so maybe not.

Top Bottom