• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ULTRATECH's prototype cyborg - Fulgore for ULTIMATE

D

Deleted member

Highly unlikely. Sure, Kilgore has everything to he an Echo, but if another fighter was to appear, this may be a case of them just building a second character with a different skillset, most likely Jago.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Highly unlikely. Sure, Kilgore has everything to he an Echo, but if another fighter was to appear, this may be a case of them just building a second character with a different skillset, most likely Jago.
Or at least a clone variant, akin to Mario and Luigi. That could work.

Jago and Fulgore are the big guys of the series, though Fulgore is clearly the face. Jago's the protagonist. The only other one who played similar at first was B. Orchid. Basically, they're the main trio of characters.

Unfortunately, Jago's design makes him impossible as an Echo instead of a clone via the skeleton. They have a lot of major differences now, regardless, but he could be interesting.

D

Deleted member

Or at least a clone variant, akin to Mario and Luigi. That could work.

Jago and Fulgore are the big guys of the series, though Fulgore is clearly the face. Jago's the protagonist. The only other one who played similar at first was B. Orchid. Basically, they're the main trio of characters.

Unfortunately, Jago's design makes him impossible as an Echo instead of a clone via the skeleton. They have a lot of major differences now, regardless, but he could be interesting.
And that goes back to just building a new fighter from scratch. Jago and Fulgore behave differently in the games. Fulgore is designed to be an advanced fighter who has lots of ranged attacks, while Jago is meant to be a beginner fighter who fights up close with his fists and blade, with Endouken being the only range attack he has.

If that happens, I can see those two being playable and maybe Orchid being an Assist Trophy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And that goes back to just building a new fighter from scratch. Jago and Fulgore behave differently in the games. Fulgore is designed to be an advanced fighter who has lots of ranged attacks, while Jago is meant to be a beginner fighter who fights up close with his fists and blade, with Endouken being the only range attack he has.

If that happens, I can see those two being playable and maybe Orchid being an Assist Trophy.
Well, they were always similar to a degree till Killer Instinct 2013. It's somewhat comparable to Marth and Lucina, if you will. Easy Mode and Advanced Mode.

I know they further differentiated them in KI13, but not sure exactly how it was done. I haven't really had much of a chance to play that version yet. Just a little as Jago in the GameStop demo. I got the game, but not the system yet.

D

Deleted member

Well, they were always similar to a degree till Killer Instinct 2013. It's somewhat comparable to Marth and Lucina, if you will. Easy Mode and Advanced Mode.

I know they further differentiated them in KI13, but not sure exactly how it was done. I haven't really had much of a chance to play that version yet. Just a little as Jago in the GameStop demo. I got the game, but not the system yet.
I own the complete edition, including all three post-Season Three characters, so if anyone needs feedback on how they behave now, I can help.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

The main thing is that Fulgore's Shadow Meter is handled very differently to tie in with him having a nuclear reactor core.
He has a passive meter gain over time but at the start of a fight the meter is charging really slowly, the only way to speed it up is to get in on the opponent and do combos. If you use Eye Lasers, Plasmaport or Energy Bolts then the reactor slows down.

The meter itself is divided into 10 pips with a bar above to represent the time until another pip is gained. The meter is divided into pips because Fulgore can spend one pip to cancel a non-Plasmaport special into another special. Other benefits to this include gaining faster walk speed at 4 pips, faster back walk speed at 8 and then better dashes and access to the Devastation Beam at 10. Using a Shadow enhanced move also costs 4 pips so Fulgore effectively has a meter of 2.5 bars, higher than everyone except Omen.

Fulgore's Instinct is also tied in with his meter and it's constantly been changed between seasons. But it basically gives him free pip-cancels (read: you can cancel without spending a pip) and a move to charge his reactor should you find an opening. He gets insane pressure and deals nasty chip damage as a result and can change his zoning into a rushdown very quickly with potential for plenty of mix-ups.

Jago remains as is pretty much but his Instinct lets him have two Endoukens on screen, better frame data and his Endoukens can heal him when they hit.

D

Deleted member

The beautiful thing about the Killer Instinct soundtracks is that there's no need for arrangement. You can just plunk them in as is and they'd be perfect.

I especially want this.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ah yes. The REAL choice for a Rare/Microsoft character. It'll probably never happen, but I'd be damned if I didn't WANT it to.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Banjo opened the door for Rare characters.

Terry opened the door for smaller FG reps.

Fulgore can happen, my guys. He's my favorite traditional (non-hyper) fighter rep to get in, and he deserves it just as much as someone like Heihachi, Akuma, or Sol Badguy.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Fulgore is slept on far more than he should be, but then KI is a niche series that comes and goes. Still, he would have a kickass moveset no matter how you do it.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I never even thought about this character until reading this thread. If Sakurai and his team want to dip into fighting games again while not wanting to worry about translating 3D stuff like Tekken/SoulClibur or dealing with the ultraviolence of Mortal Kombat, Fulgore would be a good idea.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I know the games kinda old but I have been playing a lot of KI recently. I main Jago and spinal but I support Fulgore in smash

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I was just gifted Killer Instinct on the PC last week and I’ve enjoyed what little I’ve played so far. I used to be really into the original game on the SNES where I mained B. Orcid. I haven’t played the new game enough to have a main yet but I love Hisako. Fulgore, Spinal, Glacius, and Maya are all really cool too. I think it might have the coolest roster of any fighting game ever (other than Smash).

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
The beautiful thing about the Killer Instinct soundtracks is that there's no need for arrangement. You can just plunk them in as is and they'd be perfect.

I especially want this.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Killer Instinct has one of the best soundtracks of any fighting game ever. There are so many great songs that I would seriously hope for a Terry situation where we get a ton of music. Throw in some Battletoads tracks too since Rash guest appeared in the X-Box game.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
KI Gold is probably coming but I wouldn't put stock in Comicbook's reporting because they latch onto anything regardless of credibility and the original rumour is from Zippo who is, contrary to what CB say, very much unreliable otherwise I'd be playing Persona 4 Arena on modern systems among several other things

Top Bottom