• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultra Instinct Mango

AutobahnBisquick

Smash Rookie
The stage is set.

Mango vs HBox for the fate of the world.

The loser’s life… will come to an end. The winner will get a wish on the super dragon balls.

The Bo1 for the life of the competitors must begin.

HBox is confident. Equipped with Campbell's soup in case of emergency, HBox is confident. He knows he can win the Rock Paper Scissors for port priority and stage pick. There’s no way Mango would select anything other than rock. Mango is too prideful, Mango has the utmost hubris, and most of all, there’s no way he could play as lame as HBox was willing to. All he needs is a percent lead. All he needs to do is camp. Life or death Melee has no rules; no one can keep you from pound stalling, sing stalling, planking. This is HBox’s game to lose.

Young Juan’s disaster begins here.

HBox throws out his paper to cover Mango’s rock. He begins to put his controller in port one.

“HBox… you’ve lost.”

HBox is struck by a panicked sweat. He slowly looks towards Mango’s hands. Scissors.

This can’t be, thought HBox. He must be cheating.

HBox looks to Crunch in the audience. He shakes his head. Mango didn’t cheat.

“Take port one, Juan.”

This move from Mango was unexpected. What was Mango’s game?

“I’m striking to Dreamland, Juan.”

HBox is shaking. He can’t understand what Mango is up to.

“Juan… let me show you the power of trust.”

Trust? Trust in what? In himself? In his character? Mango must be playing some sort of mind game. This can’t be real!

Mango reaches into the depths of his jorts. It’s over, HBox thought, He brought a gun. He’s gonna end this outside of the game.

What happens next changed the face of Melee forever.

From his jorts, Mango produces…

An Alcoholics Anonymous one year sobriety badge.

The entire arena fell silent. Mango-- sober. With no alcohol, Mango is an enigma-- truly unpredictable.

“Juan.” Begins Mango, “You’ve seen a super saiyan god in the past… my Falco was schmooving… now it’s time for you to see what is beyond a god…

You will see what it is like to truly fight without thinking… if you thought I played by intuition before, you know nothing…

this is the power of trust, the trust in my own intuition…

this is Ultra Instinct!”

Mango takes a deep breath. Mango powers up. Mango strikes to Dreamland.

As the countdown begins, HBox grabs his soup-- he’s already in need of a mental comeback.

In trying to play safe, HBox gets hit by a fadeback nair forward smash: the Mango. HBox dies at zero. His hands are shaking, knees weak, arms are heavy. Mom’s spaghetti. HBox tries to play slow, but gets hit by mixups that he’s never seen before. He dies at zero. HBox begins to cry. He knows that his life will end tonight. Mango’s mixup game is at 100%. Mango doesn’t get hit. Mango doesn’t miss. Mango hits every L-Cancel, every lazer, every plan goes correctly. HBox dies at zero.

One stock is between HBox and death.

HBox steels his soul for the end. He vows to go down fighting. For the next seven minutes, HBox plays as lame as he possibly could. He patiently waits for an opening. Mango is even more patient. He finds an opening. Just one back air. He hits his one hit for the game.

“No…” HBox’s eyes couldn’t deceive him. Phantom hit… nay, he missed entirely.

Mango looks HBox in the eyes. “It’s over, Juan. This is the power of SoCal… This is the power of trust.”

Upsmash. Puff files to the top blast zone and dies.

Puff is dead. HBox is dead.

Juan feels his energy fading.

This is the end…

“Juan”

HBox looks slowly to Mango.

“I thank you for this battle, Juan. With this fight to the death, I have grown immensely… I have gone beyond a god of Melee.

I learned to trust myself without alcohol. I learned to trust in my homies.

Most of all… I learned to trust you.”

HBox’s consciousness fades. HBox is dead. Mango is the last of the gods.

Mango strides to the super dragon balls, ready to make his wish.

“Super Shenron! Grant my wish!”

Light erupts from the dragon balls, and Super Shenron emerges from the light.

“I will grant your wish.” spoke Shenron.

“Mighty dragon… bring back all the lives lost in this tournament… bring back my friends! Bring back Juan!”

“Your wish… is granted.”

Hungrybox’s body begins to stir, “I-is this hell?”

“No, Juan. I brought you, and everyone else back to life.”

“W-why would you bring me back? Your greatest rival?”

Juan, without you, I lose the greatest rival I have, the best Puff there is.”

HBox is stunned

“Juan,” Mango continued “This.. this is the power of trust.”

Top Bottom