• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultra Beast-02 Expansion AKA Buzzwole for Smash Switch

DO YOU SUPPORT THE MIGHTY BUZZWOLE?!

• YES!

• YES!

Results are only viewable after voting.

OreoSmasher777

Smash Cadet
if the pokemon company went mad and added two pokemon i could see pheromosa as an echo fighter for this.

Machete

Smash Ace
This buff bug has somehow managed to climb to the top of my wishlist now that everyone else is in, out (Midna T.T) or extremely likely (Dixie). I really hope The Pokémon Company wanted to promote Ultra Beasts and that's what Sakurai was told. Buzzwole is just so awesome. I'd be happy with any non-starter, but Buzzwole is definitely at the top. I saw his bit in the anime and damnit if I don't want his intro there being his battle entrance here.

Dibble

Smash Cadet
Add me as a supporter! Buzzwole is the only Sun&Moon Pokédude i'm actually excited for, aside for Golisopod. Decidueye would be fine as the Sun&Moon rep, but I doubt he's getting in due to having theming too similar to Greninja. Incineroar is possible, but I just think he'd be boring tbh.

As unlikely as Buzzwole seems, I still think there's a lot supporting his inclusion:
First off, we have seen absolutely ZERO Ultra Beast representation in Ultimate. This is peculiar, seeing as how Ultra Beasts were the entire focus of Sun&Moon. I'd be surprised if Ultra Beasts don't appear in any fashion (Trophies don't really count). To me it seems as if they're holding off an Ultra Beast reveal, be it item or possible fighter. Maybe. Hopefully.
Another point I don't see a lot of people recognize is that any Sun&Moon rep in Ultimate could not possibly have been selected due to popularity. The Project Plan for Ultimate was finished in 2015, before the new Pokémon game was even revealed. All that matters is what Sakurai was shown by Game Freak, what he was told about the Pokémon he was shown, and ultimately which Pokémon Sakurai thinks is better suited to be the newcomer.

With any luck, our buff bug boy should bode well with Sakurai, seeing as how he'd bring to the table a completely unique moveset and playstyle, as well as represent a new and core feature of Sun&Moon that not many other Pokémon can really represent.

Machete

Smash Ace
Add me as a supporter! Buzzwole is the only Sun&Moon Pokédude i'm actually excited for, aside for Golisopod. Decidueye would be fine as the Sun&Moon rep, but I doubt he's getting in due to having theming too similar to Greninja. Incineroar is possible, but I just think he'd be boring tbh.

As unlikely as Buzzwole seems, I still think there's a lot supporting his inclusion:
First off, we have seen absolutely ZERO Ultra Beast representation in Ultimate. This is peculiar, seeing as how Ultra Beasts were the entire focus of Sun&Moon. I'd be surprised if Ultra Beasts don't appear in any fashion (Trophies don't really count). To me it seems as if they're holding off an Ultra Beast reveal, be it item or possible fighter. Maybe. Hopefully.
Another point I don't see a lot of people recognize is that any Sun&Moon rep in Ultimate could not possibly have been selected due to popularity. The Project Plan for Ultimate was finished in 2015, before the new Pokémon game was even revealed. All that matters is what Sakurai was shown by Game Freak, what he was told about the Pokémon he was shown, and ultimately which Pokémon Sakurai thinks is better suited to be the newcomer.

With any luck, our buff bug boy should bode well with Sakurai, seeing as how he'd bring to the table a completely unique moveset and playstyle, as well as represent a new and core feature of Sun&Moon that not many other Pokémon can really represent.
This is all I base my hopes on. I know it's gotta be like 90% Incineroar, but still. I'll keep having some hope.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Welp, Vergeben spoke again and said it's Incineroar.

Though he IS implying post-release, so there IS hope. There's also the possibility that Buzzwole could be a Chrom-style Echo Fighter, since Vergeben leaked Simon but didn't account for Richter as well.

Kenwole

Smash Rookie
Things look pretty grim for Buzzwole but who knows!? I'm still hoping !

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Our Bara Mosquito has a chance for DLC! We shall flex to show our support!

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Who knows what could happen at this point? If anything they can open up an Ultra Wormhole in any trailer and have an Ultra Beast emerge and invade the battlefield. Hoping for Xurkitree myself but Buzzwole would also be really cool.

Last edited:

Kenwole

Smash Rookie
I honestly only saw Buzzwole as an echo for Incineroar now but he probs wont be.. but my real question is... WHERE ARE THE ULTRA BEASTS??

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I honestly only saw Buzzwole as an echo for Incineroar now but he probs wont be.. but my real question is... WHERE ARE THE ULTRA BEASTS??
Yeah I mean if I cant have Buzzwole as a fighter I was at least hoping we'd see ultra beasts as pokeball pokemon. They were such a big part of gen 7

Kenwole

Smash Rookie
Right?!? I thought they'd add them in somewhere but so far theres been no inclusion? ITs so odd to me like megas were included in 4 and brawl i think? Its like every big part of pokemon games were in the new smashes but theres been no sign of ultrabeasts anywhere?

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
Forget Area 51, we're raiding Nintendo to make this happen... Btw...

SWOLE

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Let's be real here, if any Ultra Beast (or gen 8 Pokémon in general) gets in for Volume 2, this Ultra Beast remix is a perfect choice for Smash. (Headphones recommended)

Last edited:

Pringles7745

Smash Rookie
If I had seen this when smash ultimate first got announced, but since they added Incineraor, Imma have to say no. The alolan region now has incineraor as a rep, and the kanto region is the oly one with more that one, but that was inevitable seeing as though it was the first and has some of the most famous pokemon. if any pokemon would happen at this point it would be from the Galar region, my first guess would be Rillaboom, Toxtricity, or Urshifu. I specifically left out Cinderance and Inteleon because there are already 2 fire and water starters in the game as playable (Charizard and Incineraor) (Squirtle and Greninja)

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
If I had seen this when smash ultimate first got announced, but since they added Incineraor, Imma have to say no. The alolan region now has incineraor as a rep, and the kanto region is the oly one with more that one, but that was inevitable seeing as though it was the first and has some of the most famous pokemon. if any pokemon would happen at this point it would be from the Galar region, my first guess would be Rillaboom, Toxtricity, or Urshifu. I specifically left out Cinderance and Inteleon because there are already 2 fire and water starters in the game as playable (Charizard and Incineraor) (Squirtle and Greninja)
You don't go on a thread to complain mate.

Top Bottom