• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultra Beast-02 Expansion AKA Buzzwole for Smash Switch

DO YOU SUPPORT THE MIGHTY BUZZWOLE?!

• YES!

• YES!

Results are only viewable after voting.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
You know what, I dislike Pokémon very much these day...grew up with the originals, but I totally support this Pokémon. It rocks.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
yo checking in to say that I support Buzzwole. What I love about him is how unique he is compared to the Pokemon already on the roster and the other potential Pokemon newcomers. I guess I’m getting a bit tired of normal archetypes of cool and cutesy Pokemon in smash, why not have something different?

And man is Buzzwole different.
  1. He’s an ultra beast, a Pokemon from a different dimension. While most Pokemon emerge from a Pokéball, I imagine Buzzwole will descend from a wormhole in the sky before laying the smack down on his opponents.
  2. He’s not what I’d call cute like Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu or squirtle, nor traditionally cool like lucario, Greninja, Charizard, or Mewtwo. He’s a giant humanoid mosquito that leaches life force, he’s weird, he’s alien, he’s intimidating. He’s also hilarious at the same time with his antics of a body builder showboating and vanity. He’s got a fun personality that really sets him apart.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Buzzwole is ****ing cool. One of my top 5 favourites. You ****ing know I want it in Smash. That would be so cool.

WampaWreckage

Smash Rookie
I think if none of the popular choices for Gen 7 Reps were added (Decidueye, Incineroar, Lycanroc, & formely Mimikyu), I think that Buzzwole is what could unite everyone, Pokemon fan or not, in perfect harmony. How can you be mad that this big, buff Mosquito is going to whoop foes like Ridley and Mario alike?? Plus, he represents a new part of the Pokemon series that's interesting and I really like @GoldenYuiitusin's concept of his Final Smash with all the other Ultra Beasts.

I know it most likely wouldn't happen, but if it did, I'd be pumped!... Get it because Buzzwole's a mosquito and he pumps out the blood out of his enemies???

I'm a very proud supporter of Buzzwole and I would love to join the supporter list!

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well I haven’t thought up the full moveset or the final smash but here’s a start.

B- Leech Life: Buzzwole stabs its stinger forward, if it tags an opponent then as long as you mash B you damage the oppinent and your % goes down. The opponent can mash to get out of your hold.
B side- Dynamic Punch: Buzzwole strikes a pose then does a straight punch forward, the punch ignores knockback and stun and can go through projectiles.
B up- Lunge: Buzzwole dives upwards, if it tags an opponent it grabs them over its shoulders and plummets downwards. The move has mostly vertical movement and barely any horizontal movement. If Buzzwole is on the ground it dives forward, otherwise it works the same.
B down- Endure: Buzzwole strikes a different pose from dynamic punch. During the pose it ignores knockback, stun and damage, but not during the start up or wind down from it.
I imagine Buzzwole would be as big as Bowser but a touch faster. I also imagine Buzzwole would have a lot of super armour.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Yo checking in to count your supporters (the OP is a little outdated). Pretty much everyone made themselves clear, just wanted to ask Vintage Creep Vintage Creep Arcadenik Arcadenik and OreoSmasher777 OreoSmasher777 if you guys support? Sorry for the inconvenience

Anyway here's an updated list:

1. Deathlightning21
  2. Rie Sonomura
  3. Kenwole
  4. cool mario bros
  5. Headcrab Jackalope
  6. ErenJager
  7. GolisoPower
  8. The SqushiestManatee
  9. Golden Yuiitusin
  10. Kirbeh
  11. Luminario
  12. Yomi's Biggest Fan
  13. Cutie Gwen
  14. Runic_SSB
  15. Atomic_Shaymin
  16. Jeanne
  17. Mario & Sonic Guy
  18. ToasterBrains
  19. MacDaddyNook
  20. SEGAGameBoy
  21. Buzzwole
  22. TCT~Phantom
  23. Smashoperatingbuddy123
  24. Domino11332
  25. PsychoIncarnate
  26. dezeray112
  27. Kirbunny431
  28. CroonerMike
  29. King Sonnn DedeDoo
  30. praline
  31. WampaWreckage
That's it for now, if you wanna be removed from the list lemme know. Good luck getting into Ult y'all!

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I will happily support my beloved buff bug child, i'm hoping that an Ultra Beast in general will playable in Smash!

Kenwole

Smash Rookie
I Absolutely support Buzzwole! ADD ME TO THAT SUPPORT LIST BABEYYYY

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I Absolutely support Buzzwole! ADD ME TO THAT SUPPORT LIST BABEYYYY
You're already there lmao

Added you 3, last time I'll be updating the list, I leave it to the OP from now on.

1. Deathlightning21
  2. Rie Sonomura
  3. Kenwole
  4. cool mario bros
  5. Headcrab Jackalope
  6. ErenJager
  7. GolisoPower
  8. The SqushiestManatee
  9. Golden Yuiitusin
  10. Kirbeh
  11. Luminario
  12. Yomi's Biggest Fan
  13. Cutie Gwen
  14. Runic_SSB
  15. Atomic_Shaymin
  16. Jeanne
  17. Mario & Sonic Guy
  18. ToasterBrains
  19. MacDaddyNook
  20. SEGAGameBoy
  21. Buzzwole
  22. TCT~Phantom
  24. Domino11332
  25. PsychoIncarnate
  26. dezeray112
  27. Kirbunny431
  28. CroonerMike
  29. King Sonnn DedeDoo
  30. praline
  31. WampaWreckage
  32. Vintage Creep
  33. OhMyBanana54
  34. SquashiniKun

Last edited:

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
Some old fanart I made of Buzzwole! I would love more than anything to flex awaya the competition x.x

Incineroar ain't Got NOTHIN on ABSORPTION!!!! Swolamania is forever!

buzwolllle.png

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Definitely add me to the supporters list! Buzzwole is one of my most wanted Pokemon reps/characters at all for Ultimate. I'd absolutely love to see him!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have mentioned about how heavy Buzzwole could be on the previous page, but I'll simply restate my thoughts on that matter.

Buzzwole would be among the heaviest fighters in the Super Smash Bros. series. It would be the 3rd heaviest fighter, surpassing Donkey Kong, but loses to King K. Rool and Bowser respectively.

Buzzwole would also have Tough Guy mechanics, like Bowser, not flinching from attacks that deal less than 19 units of knockback.

Lastly, the temporary defense boosts that Buzzwole can get from its Beast Boost mechanic would not only reduce the amount of damage and knockback that it receives, but it would also gain some knockback resistance that reduces the BKB of any attacks that it takes (similar to the Metal Box, but without the additional weight boost).

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Put me down for this guy too!

My favorite gen is II, but Buzzwole just looks awesome. I'd love to see him and his stinger in Smash!

OreoSmasher777

Smash Cadet
Yo checking in to count your supporters (the OP is a little outdated). Pretty much everyone made themselves clear, just wanted to ask Vintage Creep Vintage Creep Arcadenik Arcadenik and OreoSmasher777 OreoSmasher777 if you guys support? Sorry for the inconvenience

Anyway here's an updated list:

1. Deathlightning21
  2. Rie Sonomura
  3. Kenwole
  4. cool mario bros
  5. Headcrab Jackalope
  6. ErenJager
  7. GolisoPower
  8. The SqushiestManatee
  9. Golden Yuiitusin
  10. Kirbeh
  11. Luminario
  12. Yomi's Biggest Fan
  13. Cutie Gwen
  14. Runic_SSB
  15. Atomic_Shaymin
  16. Jeanne
  17. Mario & Sonic Guy
  18. ToasterBrains
  19. MacDaddyNook
  20. SEGAGameBoy
  21. Buzzwole
  22. TCT~Phantom
  24. Domino11332
  25. PsychoIncarnate
  26. dezeray112
  27. Kirbunny431
  28. CroonerMike
  29. King Sonnn DedeDoo
  30. praline
  31. WampaWreckage
That's it for now, if you wanna be removed from the list lemme know. Good luck getting into Ult y'all!

add me to that support list

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Realistically though, do you guys think he has any chance? I just feel like the odds of getting a Gen 7 Pokemon other than Decidueye or Incineroar are really low.

Machete

Smash Ace
Realistically though, do you guys think he has any chance? I just feel like the odds of getting a Gen 7 Pokemon other than Decidueye or Incineroar are really low.
I would love for any weird Gen 7 Pokemon to be in (biggest hopes are Buzzwole, Necrozma, or Lusamine fused with Nihilego), since I really don't like the starters at all, but I do think Incineroar is going to be in.

Buzzwole would be so good, though. I think his best shot is that Sakurai liked his design and thought that the best way to represent Gen 7 was an Ultra Beast. He's got a better shot than most other Pokemon, but the problem is that with Incineroar around, it all depends on Sakurai having excellent taste and choosing Buzzwole*. He's got some support, and we've seen nothing at all regarding Ultra Beasts yet, right? Considering those were like a huge deal in the marketing and the story of Sun/Moon, we might have gotten lucky. I think Ultra Beasts being represented in some way is extremely likely, and while I don't think that way will be a playable character, if it is, Buzzwole's gotta be at the top of the list.

*I tried to think of a pun but none were better than Buzzwole.

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
I feel like he has as good a chance as any of the starters. I mean Mewtwo and Lucario made it in and they aren't even starters. Plus he is one of the exclusive Ultra Beasts so Game Freak made it a point to show that both Buzzwole and Phermosa were one of the perks of choosing one version over the other. Honestly the pokemon rep for this game is a huge toss up. Could be a gen 7 Mon or even Sceptile if the ballot is worth paying attention to which it could be thanks to sakurai's own words on its involvement with character picks.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Gosh, I'd really like this to happen.
Smash only has one invertebrate fighter and no insects, it's such a shame!

Here's some fun mosquito facts:
-Mosquitos don't drink blood, instead they use the protein inside the blood they've sucked to form eggs. This of course means only females suck blood.
-They are insects of the order Diptera, meaning "two wings". Insects have 4 wings, in dipterans however two of them are modified into small sensory organs, more effective than any supercomputer we have. Additionally, being dipterans, they are a type of fly.
-Being flies, they are the second-most important pollunators, behind bees.
-Not all mosquitos suck blood, however the ones that don't cannot produce the same quanitity of offspring its blood-sucking relatives can.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Honestly, he's shot to the top of my wanted Pokemon newcomers. All the arguments people make for Incineroar: his brash personality, being a grappler, being a "villain", all apply to Buzzwole too. But only one of them is a giant Mosquito and I think a character with health leech elements would be a really interesting twist on a grappler archetype. Plus he's an Ultra Beast. I'm rooting for him real hard now.

Phoebee

Smash Cadet
Not sure if he's as likely as a starter or even Lycanroc, but with Mimikyu relegated to a pokeball Pokémon he's probably my most wanted Sun and Moon rep now.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
When Buzzwole is confirmed then you will realize the error of your ways.

Incineroar may be the most likely candidate, but I really hope Sakurai throws us a curveball.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Aight boiz. Time to breathe some life back into your thread. I pose to you a solid argument for your boy Buzzwole.

< THIS, BUT IN SMASH AS THIS v

For context:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR0AaHY8eAE

PUT ME DOWN FOR SUPPORT. I need my muscular monster mosquito

Last edited:

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Yo,, I in all honesty support this Swole Mosquito. I'm a person who doesn't mind having a new Pokemon join the roster aslong as they bring something unique to the table that isn't exactly full-on covered by a already pre-existing fighter BUT to also help represent a Pokemon Typing that haven't been properly showcased in Smash Bros before (for example; Jigglypuff not exactly showcasing what a Fairy-Type can do). In Buzzwole case, it's to represent the Bug-typing with it's various unique Bug-based attributes, most importantly it's ability to Leech Life out of it's combatants....& to also showcase it's Swole-mazing posing skills (noting can outpose the Swole)!!!

Basically what I'm saying is that I swear my allegiance to our Gigantic, Swole, Mosquito Overload, who is my #1 Pokemon that would like to see Smashing around with the Nintendo Greats!!!

TL:DR - Sign. Me. Up!

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Ooh, I support Buzzwole. A big bulky health-draining mosquito would be perfect for my defensive playstyle.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Count me among the supporters. I oh-so badly want to see an Ultra Beast in Smash, and while my primary support on that front goes to Pheromosa, I'd be totally down to see Buzzwole. Basically, either of those two or Necrozma would make me super happy.

Machete

Smash Ace
Aight boiz. Time to breathe some life back into your thread. I pose to you a solid argument for your boy Buzzwole.

< THIS, BUT IN SMASH AS THIS v

For context:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR0AaHY8eAE

PUT ME DOWN FOR SUPPORT. I need my muscular monster mosquito
That is awesome. Even more support from me. I just today was watching some videos of the swole fish and I thought that Buzzwole would serve as the humorous uber-swole character.

I've been thinking about it, and the absolute lack of anything regarding Ultra Beasts so far has me intrigued. Not one, not even as a Poke Ball Pokemon. Smash 4 made sure to include the biggest new thing in Pokemon at the time, that being Mega Evolution, and it's really, really weird that nothing regarding Ultra Beasts has been sighted yet. I do think that's the main chance for Buzzwole.

I just really, really don't want Incineroar. Pokemon has 800+ unique characters and I just don't want to have another humanoid, dark-lite Pokemon with a normal fighting style when you can go weird, especially since this generation included alien pokemon from other dimensions. It seems like such a missed opportunity. I just hope The Pokemon Company told Sakurai that Ultra Beasts were the big thing to be marketed, and he chose one of them to be playable.

Top Bottom